Surf Thanksgiving Challenge (03's)

Congrats to Surf ECNL winning the top flight of the 03 bracket. There were plenty of good teams to get past.

I am always amazed how well Surf teams do at Surf Cup and Surf Thanksgiving across many age groups.
03-07, almost a clean sweep! Super impressive.

You can't imagine how hard those Surf girls work.. Much deserved ! Time to get back too the grind..
After watching my daughter's team lose this weekend for the second time in a month to a very strong team, I have been thinking a lot about what, exactly, makes one team better than another. Is it the natural ability and quality of the players, coaching, psychology, or fitness/skills? So I'm curious when you say that the Surf girls work really hard, what that looks like. Three practices/ week? Four? No breaks in the summer? Private training on top of group training? Just wondering if hard work alone can make the difference or if there is something even more than that- something intangible.

And congrats to Surf!

After watching my daughter's team lose this weekend for the second time in a month to a very strong team, I have been thinking a lot about what, exactly, makes one team better than another. Is it the natural ability and quality of the players, coaching, psychology, or fitness/skills? So I'm curious when you say that the Surf girls work really hard, what that looks like. Three practices/ week? Four? No breaks in the summer? Private training on top of group training? Just wondering if hard work alone can make the difference or if there is something even more than that- something intangible.

And congrats to Surf!
I think a lot of success comes down to individual ability. The players potential is enhanced by quality coaching. A lot of people like to throw out the 10,000 hours thing because it sounds good. But the reality is that some talent is just natrual.

I think a lot of success comes down to individual ability. The players potential is enhanced by quality coaching. A lot of people like to throw out the 10,000 hours thing because it sounds good. But the reality is that some talent is just natrual.
I think they are just able to recruit or have good talent go to them just like other clubs such as Beach, Blues etc. It's easier to coach players that are good vs. players that need a lot of development and just don't have the talent as other players do.

Back