Surf Thanksgiving Challenge (03's)

It has been a few years since we attended this event...does anyone know if this will be held at the Oceanside and/or Polo Field complexes to try to keep the event all at one venue...or will games be played all-over San Diego County like I remember from a few years back the last time we participated?

It has been a few years since we attended this event...does anyone know if this will be held at the Oceanside and/or Polo Field complexes to try to keep the event all at one venue...or will games be played all-over San Diego County like I remember from a few years back the last time we participated?

Im hearing Flight1 games will be played at Polo Fields and Flight2 games at Oceanside but don't quote me on this.

It will be a competitive weekend for the ecnl teams with Arsenal, Strikers, Sc Blues, and Surf playing for the Surf Cup championship win.
Will be even more challenging to figure out wich of the 25 rostered ecnl players will have to be moved around to make way for the "playing in their own age group" kids.

Our team manager has told us that our games will be at the Polo Fields. This makes sense as the girls played at Oceanside at Surf Cup in August with the boys at the Polo Fields. I would think the Surf Committee would want to mix it up to keep everyone happy (if that's possible).

I was told flight 1 will be at the polo fields flight 2 will be in la jolla I think they are using Oceanside for the college showcase

For ECNL teams whose roster can be as many as 25, how do they determine who plays in these tournaments?
On a seperate note I don't think there will very much guest play this time around. The top teams seem to be rolling right along.

For ECNL teams whose roster can be as many as 25, how do they determine who plays in these tournaments?
On a seperate note I don't think there will very much guest play this time around. The top teams seem to be rolling right along.
I think the discovery players and guest player will be a tournament changer for this age group. I think there will be some clear dominant teams. Good luck to all of the Teams!

Back