Southwest Changes?

Any truth to the rumor that MVLA is headed to the Southwest Sonoran division?
That makes absolutely ZERO sense. It's bad enough having to go to Vegas for 1 game from SoCal to play the Heat. Can you imagine the time and costs of travel involved for that MVLA team coming from Northern Cal?

What's LVSA? Is that the ECNL club that the "SuperSoccerStar" was talking about?
On LVSA's website it says they're GA for girls and just got MLSN for boys. Based out of Henderson.

It would be interesting if ECNL put all their top west coast clubs into a single league.

LVSA is arguably the best club in Vegas. That would make sense, add a second team in vegas. MVLA is in los altos in NorCal. That would suck for most of SW ECNL as they would have to travel north to play.

LVSA is arguably the best club in Vegas. That would make sense, add a second team in vegas. MVLA is in los altos in NorCal. That would suck for most of SW ECNL as they would have to travel north to play.
If Vegas ever gets a second ECNL club it will not be LVSA. They were kicked out of ECNL years ago, kicked out of boys EA last year and do not have DPL on the girls side because they don't have enough competitive teams. They are arguably the worst club in Vegas that competes on a national platform.

It looks like they have MLS N for boys, GA for girls. There aren't a ton of clubs in Nevada, but they are showing #2, #4, and #3 in Boys/Girls/Both at the moment.

lvsa boy.jpglvsa girl.jpglvsa both.jpg

That makes absolutely ZERO sense. It's bad enough having to go to Vegas for 1 game from SoCal to play the Heat. Can you imagine the time and costs of travel involved for that MVLA team coming from Northern Cal?
I heard MVLA. They have zero competition in their area. I hate the idea as it just adds another strong team to the strongest conf in ECNL which means more deserving tams from the southwest Division don't make it to playoffs.

The only team that fits the criteria of zero competition is the 2010 MVLA team.
That type of travel would probably have kids bleed off and just move over to other strong bay area teams such as Deanza which is close by.

If this is a serious thing then ECNL would be better off restructuring California overall as they could just as easily add Deanza, Mustang and San Juan into that discussion.

MVLA is a great club and we've played very competitive games against them, that being said I really hope this isn't true because that will suck for both SoCal teams and MVLA for league games. I'd rather just keep playing them in showcases lol.

MVLA is a great club and we've played very competitive games against them, that being said I really hope this isn't true because that will suck for both SoCal teams and MVLA for league games. I'd rather just keep playing them in showcases lol.
In reality it’s not much different than playing AZ or NV teams. Which in the first place makes no sense to me.

MVLA 09s has zero competition in Northern California or they don't have enough competition?

It's fair to say neither team has enough competition.

Both teams have one or two close conference opponents.

But that's 2-4 games in an 18 game season.

But I doubt moving MVLA to Sonoran is real. That would be a logistics nightmare.

Tryouts are really right around the corner. My kids were once at MVLA. So, as a parent I'd hope that if this is true that the current parents would already know what they are in for.

It's fair to say neither team has enough competition.

Both teams have one or two close conference opponents.

But that's 2-4 games in an 18 game season.

But I doubt moving MVLA to Sonoran is real. That would be a logistics nightmare.
As a socal team parent id love and so would the team have more chances to play against the lovely soccer MVLA plays.
Can we get rid of AZ teams - they should be playing Texas teams. No need to fly there anymore - move the showcase too. AZ is getting old for the few teams they have.

Back