SDSC

In S

In San Diego, Aztecs, Pumas, Rebels, Atlante, Tiffany’s, Rangers, Barcelona, Chula Vista
Thanks for your honesty. I associate certain players as floppers but would never think that a club would teach them to do it.

It is interesting that you named most clubs south of downtown and that are predominantly Hispanic.

Thanks for your honesty. I associate certain players as floppers but would never think that a club would teach them to do it.

It is interesting that you named most clubs south of downtown and that are predominantly Hispanic.

Just speaking from experience as a referee. I have yellow carded players for simulating a foul or injury from each of those clubs more than a few times. I have also carded players from Surf, Albion, Sharks, Carlsbad, Notts..... Race does not play a factor since they are all bad actors. I have seen more from specific clubs.

SDSC is the result of mergers among at least three North County Inland clubs within the last decade - Pegasus, Rancho Bernardo, and Penasquitos. There were also a few smaller clubs that disappeared in the area about that time without a formal merger, as well as some coaches (some with their teams more or less intact) moving from Poway, Scripps Ranch, and Escondido.

A few years ago SDSC was a good club, can't speak to it today.
Almost one of the "bigs", always chasing Albion and Surf.

Rancho Bernardo Youth Soccer (Renegades) merged with San Diego Soccer Club (Pegasus) about a decade ago, and they kept the SDSC club name even though RB was the bigger part. My older son played on a BU16 Pegasus team about a decade ago, but they were already declining from the glory years when they had won USYSA state, regional, and national titles. Then came the merger with Penasquitos (Premier) which almost rolled up all the I-15 Corridor North City teams - only Poway (Vaqueros) remains, and they have faded a bit - there are no Vaqueros teams entered in National Cup this year.

Rancho Bernardo Youth Soccer (Renegades) merged with San Diego Soccer Club (Pegasus) about a decade ago, and they kept the SDSC club name even though RB was the bigger part. My older son played on a BU16 Pegasus team about a decade ago, but they were already declining from the glory years when they had won USYSA state, regional, and national titles. Then came the merger with Penasquitos (Premier) which almost rolled up all the I-15 Corridor North City teams - only Poway (Vaqueros) remains, and they have faded a bit so that there are not Vaqueros teams entered in National Cup this year.

Rancho Bernardo Youth Soccer (Renegades) merged with San Diego Soccer Club (Pegasus) about a decade ago, and they kept the SDSC club name even though RB was the bigger part. My older son played on a BU16 Pegasus team about a decade ago, but they were already declining from the glory years when they had won USYSA state, regional, and national titles. Then came the merger with Penasquitos (Premier) which almost rolled up all the I-15 Corridor North City teams - only Poway (Vaqueros) remains, and they have faded a bit so that there are not Vaqueros teams entered in National Cup this year.
Have you heard any rumors about Vaqueros merging or being swallowed up by SDSC?

Have you heard any rumors about Vaqueros merging or being swallowed up by SDSC?

There was a big shakeup last year when several top coaches were let go, supposedly still being paid until the end of their contracts. There would be some complication to merging with SDSC, since PYSL gets priority on the use of Poway City fields (including some school playgrounds where the City has a sharing agreement because they put in the lights) and only pays for turning the lights on. The sharing of city-controlled fields is negotiated by a City-sponsored committee of representatives from different sports (soccer, football, baseball, softball, field hockey, lacrosse, maybe more (?)). PYSL with about 1000 players signed up has had the biggest club there.

If the club dissolved, or reverted to its original 70's version of local recreation teams only, that would likely be reworked.

Back