SCDSL Flt 2 that were denied flt 1 status

Wez

DA
http://www.scdslsoccer.com/schedules/Fall2016/82897879.html

Just starting a thread to discuss the teams that applied for B04 flt 1 this year, but were denied. I understand there were quite a few new teams with the age changes, that wanted to compete in flt 1 but SCDSL denied them entrance.

My thoughts are they probably would compete with the bottom half of flt 1 teams very competitively. SCDSL decided having 51 flt 2 teams and 19 flt 1 teams was a better way to go.

My concerns are, there are too many teams in flt 2 whose development is slowed by not being given a chance to compete at the higher skill level.

Thoughts?

Your 9-1 result combined with TFA FCLA Blue's first two games paints the picture pretty well. A team that can put up 9 goals per game should be in Flight 1. Its a disservice to both teams to not have competitive match ups. Shame on SC-DEVELOPMENTAL-SL, for not allowing the the coaches and DOCs flight their teams.

One game does not make a season, but we're hoping to finish strong and have no problems transitioning to flt 1 next year. As long as we scrimmage in off season and keep entering flt 1 tournaments, we should be ok.

Wez did you play any of the flight 1 strikers teams? Ab north, Elkins or gimenez? If so how did your strikers team do?

I've never heard of this before. Docs usually place their teams and there are plenty of newly formed f1s in this group.

I'm guessing this year was abnormal in terms of number of teams applying for flt 1. In a normal year they probably just go with the Doc's recommendations.

We have played a lot of flt 1 teams so far this year sbay, I don't think the teams you mentioned specifically were on our list. We didn't expect to do very well in flt 1 but would hopefully have won a few games and been competitive. Now of course, we'll never know how we would have done this year.

I was only curious cuz I know you are a striker team. It's unusual that your doc couldn't get this done for you. I've never heard that before, but there is a first for everything. Docs set the flights in scdsl as I understood.

Just because team is killing in Flight 2 doesn't mean anything. I was in this situation with few of the teams I've coached. We would done very well in Flight 2 but the transition to Top flight is not easy. Boys 04 have time to not only go in Flight 1 and just play, but actually be competitive enough to compete for top place. Set up friendlies with top Flight 1 teams and this will show you where your team really belongs.

Dont take this the wrong way but Im guessing your coach and DOC are not telling the truth to you OR they were not present when flighting took place. SCDSL did not deny you flight I status if you had results like that prior to flighting

It's a new team, we had hardly any results. Our biggest claim to fame at the time was beating Galaxy Elite. 8)

Don't take this the wrong way, but you beat galaxy elite with no goalie and 3 players out. Our right back played goalie and it was the second time we had ever played as a team.

Don't take this the wrong way, but since then a few of your players have been attending our practices and were not offered spots. Maybe there is a bigger issue with the coach or DOC...not sure?

kudos on a good season. I'm sure you get your flight status in the fall.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you beat galaxy elite with no goalie and 3 players out. Our right back played goalie and it was the second time we had ever played as a team.

Don't take this the wrong way, but since then a few of your players have been attending our practices and were not offered spots. Maybe there is a bigger issue with the coach or DOC...not sure?

kudos on a good season. I'm sure you get your flight status in the fall.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you'll get your chance at revenge on the 19th of this month at the Celtics round robin. Don't take this the wrong way, but your post was as condescending as humanly possible.

revenge? no it is 11-12 year olds playing soccer there is no revenge for our players or families. We will gain just as much from a loss and it can happen.

The word revenge in your statement says a lot. That is YOUR an adult word used to talk about a child's soccer game.

I actually found your message about having a "claim to fame" the interesting part. Sorry you took it the wrong way, but when you talk about beating a childs soccer team as a "claim to fame" you open a can of worms on your own.

keep things in perspective. These are 2004 boys, not EPL.

It was sarcasm dude. get over yourself. we were/ are a new team like you claim to be we just didn't have a grandfathered flt 1 spot like u guys did.

I was joking about our lack of record to present and made a good natured jab about beating your team.

Then you come back with some venom about us not really beating you and our players seeking to leave us for your wonderful team.

It's obvious who is taking this way too serious dude.

All due respect, when you use language like "claim to fame" and "revenge" when addressing boys soccer on an open forum you may open a can of worms. This is what is wrong with our PTP model. Parents focused on wins and flight status. It really means nothing. Honestly, i shouldn't have responded, like fueling a fire...but you struck a cord when you claim beating a boys soccer team on a open forum as your "fame".

During our season we have had many wins and losses. None are considered "claim to fame" why, because a win at age 11-12 is means nothing. Our team is learning..period. These kids are 11-12 year olds and the goal is to learn. I wish your team the best of luck. I hope you do well in your celtic friendlies and if you beat us I am sure you will let everyone on this forum know.

I hope you do well in the remainder of the season and you get this coveted flight status in the fall you are searching for.

You seem pretty defensive of our game we played against each other to be so disconnected as you claim.

I even put a smiley face after my claim to fame comment, to show how light hearted a statement it was.

We had no record to present to SCDSL so I was jokingly saying to "galaxydad" that our biggest accomplishment to that point was beating the "Elite" galaxy team, again all relating to the discussion about being able to make a case to scdsl.

Then you come in with some bullshit you are now trying to backtrack.

Back