SCDSL Flight placements posted on Socal scene.

https://ssl.demosphere.com/scripts/runisa.dll?S7.65966:gp::73496+Elements/Display+E+47116+Team/

As I look at the scdsl flight placements I am puzzled.

I see teams that are in flight 2 that finished higher last season than other teams that got awarded flight 1. Not sure how relevant that is because the teams are reorganized.

I see teams in flight 2 that are playing teams that got awarded flight 1 in tournaments and beating them. This is way more relevant.

Last edited:
They didn't play Strikers at Pats Cup this weekend. Legends B05 beat Pats MV and lost to Surf Select Academy and Corinthians.

Maybe your confused with another team or age group?

Maybe but I think this is what happened:

Anaheim Surf Viviano beats Slammers Nualart in Anaheim Surf Invitational.

Legends B05 beats Pats MV in Pats Cup.

FC Premier (formerly Cypress FC) beats Strikers Martinez 2 in Pats Cup.

I think that is 3 flight 2 teams beating teams that were awarded flight 1.

Thanks for correcting my error if I am wrong.

Maybe but I think this is what happened:

Anaheim Surf Viviano beats Slammers Nualart in Anaheim Surf Invitational.

Legends B05 beats Pats MV in Pats Cup.

FC Premier (formerly Cypress FC) beats Strikers Martinez 2 in Pats Cup.

I think that is 3 flight 2 teams beating teams that were awarded flight 1.

Thanks for correcting my error if I am wrong.

Those are correct. I haven't watched Anaheim Surf or Slammers play but I know FC Premier could probably play Flight 1.

This is going to be a verrry interesting year with the reshuffle. I saw both Beach flight 1s play last month (Pyramid Cup) and neither seemed top tier ready. But it's going to be hard to know (until we know) which teams are moving players up from 9v9 (younger 05s) and which are playing with mostly 11v11 experienced players (older 05s).

Cda was missing a couple of players, I wouldn't put too much stock into the results..

That is exactly my point when they picked flight 1 teams. Looks like they did not look at the results from last year or what has been happening this year.

If do not use evidence or hards facts what do you use?

Is it popularity, big name club status, or names in a hat?

Last edited:
Those are correct. I haven't watched Anaheim Surf or Slammers play but I know FC Premier could probably play Flight 1.
Considering they have recruited 2-3 full squads to select players for this 1st team, one would think so.

That is exactly my point when they picked flight 1 teams. Looks like they did not.look at the results.from last year or what has been happening this year.

If do not use evidence or hards facts what do you use?

Is it popularity, big name club status, of names in a hat?
The clubs self-select which flight to play in, and then the league organizers verify and place them. This is a big part of why (I understand) these clubs moved out of the Coast league and created their own. This way clubs could offer parents the best possible training and appropriate competition for your child. (They also have a player-pass system to move players up and down game to game, which sounds better than it works in reality. I've seen where coaches maybe moved players between his teams because they want to beat another coach/club. Or the kids who get "sent down" for the week play while the kids on that team have to sit, and parents stew.)

Last edited:
we'll just have to wait til State Cup.
You cant just base it on one game or one tournament...
our 06 flight one team beat a flight one 05 team a few weekends ago. that doesnt make us flight one.

Transition year..teams will be misplaced for sure due to the age change and new rosters. Get through the fall and prove you belong come state cup..

Back