NHB Tournament

Bunch of different or out area out teams, appears to be wide open. Six potential games is a Marathon, but the up to 3 playoffs games make things exciting for kids.

With the DA league starting that weekend, labor day holiday, CRL between them nhb doesn't appeal to as many top teams as it once did.

No tournament has the appeal it once did including Surf Cup; NHB is still a good tournament. Celtic Cup made a real come back last year with many late apps declined because of space at the SB Complex. The new manager at SBC was the assistant at Surf Cup; the man made major changes including bringing in local big money investors. CRL is not without issues, it has its Predators and prey-not to mention parents driving 100 miles last year only to find out: NO GAME; the drive home must have been fun. . . .

Need a guest goalkeeper for this weekends NHB tournament, a friend of mine from Pacific Northwest SC Maroon out of Washington State has his team playing this weekend, their Gk was injured and unable to make the trip out to California. They need a goalkeeper that can guest play and help them out. Please let me know if you are interested or pass my information along to anyone that might be interested. Message me 714-926-5477

Quarter-Finals A
CELTIC ACADEMY

SF GLENS EVOLUTION SFGE 03B BLACK
icon_winner2.gif
transparent.gif

Quarter-Finals
B
DEL MAR SHARKS DMCV SHARKS BARTON
icon_winner2.gif

SERENO SOUTHEAST 03 BOYS CHELSEA WHITE*

transparent.gif

Quarter-Finals
C
FC GOLDEN STATE (GOLD)

LEGACY 03 RED
icon_winner2.gif
transparent.gif

Quarter-Finals
D
LOS ANGELES UNITED FA LA UNITED FA B2003 ACADEMY RESERVE
icon_winner2.gif

MUSTANG SC MUSTANG 03B ELITE ROMA

transparent.gif

Semi-Finals
A
SF GLENS EVOLUTION SFGE 03B BLACK
LOS ANGELES UNITED FA LA UNITED FA B2003 ACADEMY RESERVE

transparent.gif

Semi-Finals B
DEL MAR SHARKS DMCV SHARKS BARTON
LEGACY 03 RED

Anyone see what happened to Celtic in their Quarterfinals game? Details? They punished the Sereno team but got spanked by SFGE.

Shaping up to be a good finish today...

Congratulations to LAUFA academy reserve players & coaches for another great tournament.
Cerritos, Surf, Pats, and now NHB for the 03' boys, what a great way to develop multiple teams instead of just the one "top" one must clubs focus on.

LAUFA Reserves Killing Tournaments! Wonder what happens in CRL.

What is your question. They played 6 games and lost 3 by close margin. Their first game could have gone either way. This team is a work in progress and will be a force to contend with later in the season. Their coach is a really great guy.

LAUFA'S entire team looked strong. will be a difficult team to beat. If this is a new team then they will get stronger as the time passes. Maybe their performance in the CRL was due to the team being new and kids are not used to play with each other.

LAUFA has a long track record of playing lots of their academy team/guest players in tournaments under the weaker teams name. This is not against the rules but more often than not they are a different team in league play/CRL play. I have no knowledge if this happened at NHB but that is a common approach by the club. Example- the LAUFA team that won Cerritos was almost entirely Academy players but the name they enrolled under was different. No doubt that their best players within the age group are an outstanding group and can compete with anybody.

LAUFA has a long track record of playing lots of their academy team/guest players in tournaments under the weaker teams name. This is not against the rules but more often than not they are a different team in league play/CRL play. I have no knowledge if this happened at NHB but that is a common approach by the club. Example- the LAUFA team that won Cerritos was almost entirely Academy players but the name they enrolled under was different. No doubt that their best players within the age group are an outstanding group and can compete with anybody.

Nope no guest players either teams or academy players playing on the reserve team.

In fact they don't bring 18-19 players to tournments like some of the teams because the want to develop players. The 3rd LAUFA team played in this one in the first flight.

Come here to throw shade about some long standing bs, and about team names, smh.

Last edited:
Again, if this is a new team, they will get better with time, the whole team looked pretty strong, their subs coming off the bench looked as strong if not stronger than starters. It seems because of that they were able to keep up the same level of play throughout the game.

Man, where you come up with this BS. You sound like a disgruntled ex-wife.

Back