MLS Next playoff formation

Footy30

SILVER ELITE
Can someone explain to me how playoffs work for MLS NEXT? (U16) my kid has gone over this with me and yet I still don't understand the whole flex vs league etc. I don't know why it's so effing hard for me to grasp something that should be so simple to understand. Can someone please help? Thank you

Basically, top 8 or so from Flex southwest league (u16s is all Flex. but u15/17s have flex vs PPP) qualify for Maryland Flex event. Top 2 from flex league qualify for playoffs. So if you aren't in the top 2 then you go to Maryland and the group winners advance. If an already-qualified team wins their Maryland group, then they take the next highest PPM team to round out the needed playoff numbers.

TLDR: Get 1st or 2nd in league and/or be in top 8 then win every game in Maryland to go the June playoffs in Nashville.

Basically, top 8 or so from Flex southwest league (u16s is all Flex. but u15/17s have flex vs PPP) qualify for Maryland Flex event. Top 2 from flex league qualify for playoffs. So if you aren't in the top 2 then you go to Maryland and the group winners advance. If an already-qualified team wins their Maryland group, then they take the next highest PPM team to round out the needed playoff numbers.

TLDR: Get 1st or 2nd in league and/or be in top 8 then win every game in Maryland to go the June playoffs in Nashville.
Thank You!!

Back