Latest merger affiliate partnership....

All kids are special, but not all special kids who play soccer are fast, big, strong, mentally tough as nails or all the above and able to make the cream rise to the top. It's a system that you and USSF/DA don't like I guess. That was the first lie from Dr Spooner. Blues play Kickball. Sunil, what club does your goat play at again? It's called direct soccer and 95% of the colleges play it. Is your kid at or going to UCLA or Stanford? If the answer is no, than I would highly suggest you get her some kickball lessons asap unless she is going pro :)

You’re right. We glorify a program that excels in creating kid’s good enough to play at the 2nd tier. We laud them, we are amazed by them and quietly countries across the globe are training kids for the top level and one day we’ll wake up and we’ll wonder what the hell happened. My kid can kick the ball really far and run up a hill with a teammate on her back how can these little countries keep the ball away from us for so long? Happy Holidays

I got this via email the other day:

Dear Arsenal Parents,

Many of you have heard of the great night we had recently where we equipped over 150 players and family members in preparing for college. I wanted to say a huge thank you to our staff who put that event on and to the college coaches who shared their insight, Scott Juniper (UCI), Josh Brown (Valley College) and Matt O’Sullivan (Cal Poly Pomona). We were also able to hear from Gary Whitehouse of Whitehouse Consulting as he prepped our student-athletes for the next level.

At Arsenal, we are committed to evolving and moving to the next level in all that we do. This was key in driving us to forge new partnerships to give our families and players the best opportunities. We have created an alliance with a like-minded club to create Sporting California. Sporting California is an entity that will serve soccer clubs from around the country in administration and help us facilitate our development. Our new playmetrics software gives us a better way for club communication, paperwork, and tracking player development. A relationship through Sporting California empowers our college program and makes the overall parent experience much more efficient. Sporting California will also provide our new Arsenal TV, housing all video from all our games. This will enable our kids and parents to store and share videos as needed for their future opportunities. Sporting California helps Arsenal move to the next level.

We have a long history of development, including our 9 national titles, dozens of now professional players developed and even 3 former Arsenal players who have worn the captain’s band for our US National Teams. I have never been more excited about our future and the potential that sits before our players. We are continuing to strengthen the club and ensure that we are doing what we need to do to function at the highest level. With that in mind, we will continue to roll out new changes, new hires and unveil new steps into our future as one of the premier Development Academies in the West. Our desire is to be able to develop players into the highest levels and ensure that we have the resources and pathway to do that.

As many of our teams take their winter break, I want to remind our juniors and seniors that they should be finishing their FAFSA as soon as possible and registering for the SAT promptly. Also, may all of you finish this semester strong. I am proud of the work that our teams have put in through this portion of the season. I also want to take a moment to offer our thoughts and prayers to the family of our own Rich Boon, who passed away this past July. As the holidays are celebrated… Julie, Aiden and Ellie please know that we are thinking of you and are always here for you.

Parents, thank you for allowing us to be a part of your child’s soccer journey.

Happy Holidays,

PJ Brown

I got this via email the other day:

Dear Arsenal Parents,

Many of you have heard of the great night we had recently where we equipped over 150 players and family members in preparing for college. I wanted to say a huge thank you to our staff who put that event on and to the college coaches who shared their insight, Scott Juniper (UCI), Josh Brown (Valley College) and Matt O’Sullivan (Cal Poly Pomona). We were also able to hear from Gary Whitehouse of Whitehouse Consulting as he prepped our student-athletes for the next level.

At Arsenal, we are committed to evolving and moving to the next level in all that we do. This was key in driving us to forge new partnerships to give our families and players the best opportunities. We have created an alliance with a like-minded club to create Sporting California. Sporting California is an entity that will serve soccer clubs from around the country in administration and help us facilitate our development. Our new playmetrics software gives us a better way for club communication, paperwork, and tracking player development. A relationship through Sporting California empowers our college program and makes the overall parent experience much more efficient. Sporting California will also provide our new Arsenal TV, housing all video from all our games. This will enable our kids and parents to store and share videos as needed for their future opportunities. Sporting California helps Arsenal move to the next level.

We have a long history of development, including our 9 national titles, dozens of now professional players developed and even 3 former Arsenal players who have worn the captain’s band for our US National Teams. I have never been more excited about our future and the potential that sits before our players. We are continuing to strengthen the club and ensure that we are doing what we need to do to function at the highest level. With that in mind, we will continue to roll out new changes, new hires and unveil new steps into our future as one of the premier Development Academies in the West. Our desire is to be able to develop players into the highest levels and ensure that we have the resources and pathway to do that.

As many of our teams take their winter break, I want to remind our juniors and seniors that they should be finishing their FAFSA as soon as possible and registering for the SAT promptly. Also, may all of you finish this semester strong. I am proud of the work that our teams have put in through this portion of the season. I also want to take a moment to offer our thoughts and prayers to the family of our own Rich Boon, who passed away this past July. As the holidays are celebrated… Julie, Aiden and Ellie please know that we are thinking of you and are always here for you.

Parents, thank you for allowing us to be a part of your child’s soccer journey.

Happy Holidays,

PJ Brown

RIP Rich Boon and thoughts and prayers to his family.

You’re right. We glorify a program that excels in creating kid’s good enough to play at the 2nd tier. We laud them, we are amazed by them and quietly countries across the globe are training kids for the top level and one day we’ll wake up and we’ll wonder what the hell happened. My kid can kick the ball really far and run up a hill with a teammate on her back how can these little countries keep the ball away from us for so long? Happy Holidays
2nd tier? I'm confused. BTW, are you @Soccerhelper that keeps PMing me with tips on how to handle grief and loss?

All kids are special, but not all special kids who play soccer are fast, big, strong, mentally tough as nails or all the above and able to make the cream rise to the top. It's a system that you and USSF/DA don't like I guess. That was the first lie from Dr Spooner. Blues play Kickball. Sunil, what club does your goat play at again? It's called direct soccer and 95% of the colleges play it. Is your kid at or going to UCLA or Stanford? If the answer is no, than I would highly suggest you get her some kickball lessons asap unless she is going pro :)
Gotta agree w/ Sunil that kick ball sucks and has no place in top tier soccer and could result in the demise of the USWNT. Because many colleges play it is not a justification on why it should continue/exist. There is a reason why kick ball is ugly to the eye and why men's soccer has evolved beyond it.

If “kick ball” is mostly played in college soccer in the US and a kid wants to play soccer in college shouldn’t they know how to play and defend a kick ball style of play? Not every nfl,mlb or nba team play the same style of ball. Not every tennis player or mma fighter has the same style in their individual sport as well. Different strokes for different folks. If u don’t like kick ball don’t play for a kick ball team/coach. Simple as that and to each his or her own. No need to criticize one style of play over another. I can give to shits about style of play and looking good to the naked eye. I just hope soccer will help my daughter pursue a higher education. If kick ball gets her into a better academic school I’m all for it.

agree w/ Sunil that kick ball sucks, no place in top tier soccer,could result in the demise of the USWNT. many colleges play it, not a justification on why it should continue/exist. kick ball is ugly to the eye, men's soccer has evolved beyond it. (oh really, we suck!!!)
College is 2nd tier
Let me HELP you both out. SoCal Blues was never in the business selling Tier 1 (YNT, WNT, Pro). They only sold Tier 2 (Top College Ball). It's their business model. Like @Kicker4Life said, they do work hard at recruiting and finding players that fit their system. If USSF and DA and all of you think it's just kickball, find your own players then. Everyone at Blues pays for a freaking service, to play college ball with the other 99.5% of us. Blues does NOT sell (lie) access to the Camp and the YNT List. Their players just happen to be the best of the best sometimes. I watched their U17s play and I saw speed and good soccer. I saw video RR team and saw some really good passing.

Let me HELP you both out. SoCal Blues was never in the business selling Tier 1 (YNT, WNT, Pro). They only sold Tier 2 (Top College Ball). It's their business model. Like @Kicker4Life said, they do work hard at recruiting and finding players that fit their system. If USSF and DA and all of you think it's just kickball, find your own players then. Everyone at Blues pays for a freaking service, to play college ball with the other 99.5% of us. Blues does NOT sell (lie) access to the Camp and the YNT List. Their players just happen to be the best of the best sometimes. I watched their U17s play and I saw speed and good soccer. I saw video RR team and saw some really good passing.
I agree! Blues never made a promise of anything accept giving your DD a chance to be her best.

Not disagreeing either. My point is they've convinced a lot of people that this is the way the game needs to be played to succeed and as a prominent force on the girls side, people should take note and wonder why the game is evolving elsewhere and not here? I do disagree that they sell College as Tier 2 and they do do a great job in marketing to parents egos.

Latest from the merger carousel: Legends South and Temecula Valley Hawks will become one and play under the Legends South brand. Announcement coming within days and the teams have announced joint tryouts January 13/15. The Hawks brand is gone...just like that.

Temecula United Soccer Club has announced that, beginning with the 2020 season, the club will be rebranding as City SC Temecula. City SC Temecula is the first affiliate club to join the growing City SC brand (formerly LA Galaxy San Diego).

Kudos for those that called this one, seems strange they want to use the same branding & logo and just change the city name but whatever floats....
Seems they (former LAGSD) are building a new empire with little kingdoms everywhere.....like Surf, but hopefully more selective. Anyone willing to pay the per player fee can become a Surf affiliate these days.

Latest from the merger carousel: Legends South and Temecula Valley Hawks will become one and play under the Legends South brand. Announcement coming within days and the teams have announced joint tryouts January 13/15. The Hawks brand is gone...just like that.
Morning news is getting good on the forum. Since we lived in Temecula for 10 years and my dd almost played for them before she went to Legends South I might not be so blind as some say I am. So here's a true story. I have two Dear Friends that stayed loyal to the Hawks until the Hawks just dropped the hammer. They tried hard to get my dd to join them year after year. I kept telling the dads that they will become Legends sooner or later so you might as well come over here. They said Hawks will never sell out!!!, I told them both it's just a matter of time. That was 4 years ago. I won the bet and free lobster dinner at Red Lobster is coming my way :) Actually feel bad for them. I even posted here about staying local and play local with the Hawks. I texted my dear friend and he told me to f off. I'm like, "I told you so." Think about that. Dads telling me Hawks will never sell out and that I'm a club hopper and actually crazy because we drove up to the Northside to combo up to compete against Blues & Surf. They always told me how much of a sell out I was. Well dads, I give you props for being loyal but your club just sold out for the big cash pay out. None for you and all you get is what I told you you would get, Legends FC Baby!!!!!!!

United and Hawks no more. So no more local clubs in Temecula/Murrieta? How does one find a local coach and club in that town now? Arsenal South (HQ far away) Legends South (HG Norco), Murrieta Surf (HQ Del Mar), City FC (HG Carlsbad). Poachers. I would start a new local club with u7 and build one team at a time like JH did with Legends. Do that for 5 years and then sell to one of the power players for big pay out.

I also know that Surf & Legends were after one of their goats. Doc Marco who was on the National Team staff and ran the San Diego TC offered my dd 5 candy bars if she could get recruits phone number. I was pissed off already at the guy and we had it out in the parking lot. He told me said recruit was already on the first list and if I wouldn't mine giving recruit a ride too to practice. I puked up the last remaining red pill and went toe to toe with Mark. I told him how disappointed and offended that he would have the balls to ask me to drive recruit. I'm not making this up. Anyway, recruit went to Legends.I'm sure someone told them it was a matter of time that hawks joins Legends so join now and low and behold, Marco was right. She got picked for the u14 National Team and my dd was never invited back TC. Her one & only opportunity to perform for the DA Director and the Training center director was to get a recruits moms phone number. Imagine if I did what he asked and got her a ride to the club? He had power with the pick(s) and I told him to "take his YNT pick and keep it for someone who wants it more because I will never sell out like that and this whole YNT List is nothing but a way for you to control folks and I refused to play that game with you Mr Spooner. I tried to talk with others but they all told me to lay low and not rock the boat. Well, I didn;t and I guess I'm paying a price with that right now but I do believe good will always prevail regardless of folks who call me "Blind" Zero experience" "Club Hopper" "Blacklisted" "Blackballed" and the funniest of them all, "I'm one big hypocrite"

Idaho Surf. Blows me away. No waves in Idaho. Or La Mesa.
I told some on here a few months ago I think Kelly Slater has Big Plans to build his Surf Ranches all over the USA and they should partner up with Surf Sports and the Surfer logo. Surf's up everywhere bro. Volleyball was at the Beach in early 70s and expanded inland and now all those teams r really good at volleyball. I bet if Kelly build Surf Ranch and Surf builds soccer in Wyoming we might get the a pro surfer out there some day and pro soccer player developed by Surf.
1577641793280.png

[/QUOTE
Wait what??? How true is this bc it’s been rumored in the past and never happened...

Rumors are flying around. Let's get more Facts because if my dear friend is pulling my leg I will 100% promote Hawks again but I need proof they won't sell out. I'm sorry for jumping the gun if @Action Jackson is a troll and just trying to trigger me with a response. If not true, I will wait until official announcement from clubs. I guess with the Temecula Untied sell out to City SC figured the Hawks were the last to of the great frontier. Plus, Albion is up there now. Some good goats I guess graze the pasture in Temecula Valley. Just like so many have said, "just go look for a local coach and honor your commitment." If rumor mill is true, then the top 04 Legends South team will have some extra competition. Or they will just have two top teams and keep them together.

Back