LA Galaxy launch fully funded teams

Youth soccer development in the US needs to get to the point where teams are funding development by selling on their players and making their money that way. When that occurs pay to play will disappear and we won't have any kind of issue.

But to answer the question, there should be no fairness. The goal should be for every team to have the best players and develop them fully. It should be a no holds barred boiler room where excellence emerges from the steam vent. Fairness is in the "balanced teams" of AYSO (and MLS)*

*Neither which are truly fair due to vagaries in AYSO rating systems and shenanigans by MLS.

So does these mean that LA Galaxy SD and SB will each have 3 DA teams of 23 players or does that mean there is one combined Galaxy GDA parent group with 3 teams total?

(6) teams total: LA Galaxy (3) & Galaxy SD (3)

The Carlsbad turned Galaxy SD acceptance was prior to this one.

I do. Quantity over quality. Hate to be the parent of the Q team kid.

I am not judging it and honestly he large clubs have positioned themselves beautifully! Who knows maybe the clubs will create a homegrown system since there are so many DA now and actually work kids up through their clubs because of all the awesome coaching and actually develop kids. Maybe the club hopping madness stops.
Maybe a unicorn falls from the sky as well...

No, not the unicorns!

Galaxy to the rescue, they might be one of the few organizations with deep enough pockets to fully fund.

There are normally some catches with "full funding" not much is really free "no strings attached"

As with the boys once HS starts I would bet that LAG is going to prefer or even demand players attend their school/learning environment so they can train during the day with the other groups/pros
http://www.lagalaxy.com/academy/school

At least now the boys will likely have some female companionship possibilities at the stub hub LAG school.

With the split age groups, the youngers in the split normally have a tougher time making the teams & getting playing time. For this reason, in the past some take an "off" year in the DA league to get more playing time elsewhere.

uni1.jpg

Galaxy to the rescue, they might be one of the few organizations with deep enough pockets to fully fund.

There are normally some catches with "full funding" not much is really free "no strings attached"

As with the boys once HS starts I would bet that LAG is going to prefer or even demand players attend their school/learning environment so they can train during the day with the other groups/pros
http://www.lagalaxy.com/academy/school

At least now the boys will likely have some female companionship possibilities at the stub hub LAG school.

With the split age groups, the youngers in the split normally have a tougher time making the teams & getting playing time. For this reason, in the past some take an "off" year in the DA league to get more playing time elsewhere.

uni1.jpg

This is everything.
Hopefully it's their new patch for the DA.

Since I assume most of the funds to make a group "fully funded" will come from the fees from the rest of the players, will "B" team players be more likely to play at a non-DA club? Or will it be a carrot to get more players to try and play for the "B" team with hopes of moving up someday?

Back