Guidance are not for everyone

This has nothing to do with house parties.
This has everything to do with adults lying about permits and pretending it's Okay for them to have a scrimmage, when it's not permitted.
I strongly believe Cal South/US Soccer has to step in and take a license away from those involved.
The observed violation was not about house parties.

But how can you call the cops on some 14 year olds playing outside, but not call the cops on 28 year olds playing inside?

The outside game was considerably lower risk than the inside party.

My own kid isnt playing in the independent scrimmages, but it is completely backwards to crack down on the kids while adults do as they please.

Don't make this political.
Cal South is the soccer governing body who came up with Phased return to play guidelines. If someone is not following it, they are should be taking action.

They have so...much at stake financially they let that drive there agenda and there written stuff is just lip service they only follow when it's convenient or won't cost them too much.

The observed violation was not about house parties.

But how can you call the cops on some 14 year olds playing outside, but not call the cops on 28 year olds playing inside?

The outside game was considerably lower risk than the inside party.

My own kid isnt playing in the independent scrimmages, but it is completely backwards to crack down on the kids while adults do as they please.
That's exactly what I said. I don't think kids should be punished.

Seems to me you either abide by the rules (Cal South) or you don't. If you want to play pick up games, do it, but this sounds like an organized event and that should be everybody or nobody. It's also disrespectful to other teams standing down because everybody wants to play and can't.
maxresdefault.jpg

By the way, “organized” is a very broad term. Obviously, nothing is sanctioned right now. So if calling up some parents to meet up at a park and wear similar color jerseys, different from the other teams color and having a dad film the game is a crime, then I’m guilty of a Capital Crime. I should be in Saint Quentin.

I don’t understand how this is an unfair advantage. Why would you care what MY kid has been doing. Worry about your own child’s development, or lack thereof. The only unfair thing I see is parents keeping their children indoors for fear they might catch a virus.

Clueless.

By the way, “organized” is a very broad term. Obviously, nothing is sanctioned right now. So if calling up some parents to meet up at a park and wear similar color jerseys, different from the other teams color and having a dad film the game is a crime, then I’m guilty of a Capital Crime. I should be in Saint Quentin.

See above.

I don’t understand how this is an unfair advantage. Why would you care what MY kid has been doing. Worry about your own child’s development, or lack thereof. The only unfair thing I see is parents keeping their children indoors for fear they might catch a virus.

My concern wouldn't be an unfair advantage, or even health risks (necessarily), but the long term penalties on my specific team or club... especially if it was my club and not my team.

X 10.

The only unfair thing I see is parents keeping their children indoors for fear they might catch a virus.
Why are people so threatened by kids playing soccer? If you dont want to expose your kids and family, stay home. Live and let live.

I think you're on to something, there's just so much fear going around. Fear of: TikTok, WeChat, the Mail, fill-in-the-bubbles, responsibility, the truth; etc.

I have pictures and video. Don't think it would be right to post it on a public forum.
Send to CalSouth. (If SoCal?) Send to someone. We all need to get through this together and following the same rules as members of our state association. Such a bad message to send to the kids. And the coaches need to be role models and the example. Expose them

I think you're on to something, there's just so much fear going around. Fear of: TikTok, WeChat, the Mail, fill-in-the-bubbles, responsibility, the truth; etc.
Sure. If people are out playing on their own at the park, we can’t be the nosy police. However there are state and city guidelines for parks and public areas. Very little is being enforced in our area. However, if it’s organized teams with coaches not following the guidelines set in place for all, not just some, then that is a different scenario and quite lame on their part IMO

Don't make this political.
Cal South is the soccer governing body who came up with Phased return to play guidelines. If someone is not following it, they are should be taking action.
But they need to know. So if you’re the one with the proof, and you’re also the one on here saying all you’re saying (and I agree with you) then you’re the one to let CalSouth know what you know. DM me the vid and pics. I’ll send it to them

But they need to know. So if you’re the one with the proof, and you’re also the one on here saying all you’re saying (and I agree with you) then you’re the one to let CalSouth know what you know. DM me the vid and pics. I’ll send it to them
Be very careful with potential illegal recordings of minors; by showing the video to others it could be considered an invasion of privacy.

Back