GU14 2016 Competitive League Links

GunninGopher

SILVER ELITE
This is intended to be both a 1 stop resource to see how teams are doing this year, and as a point of reference for when tournaments start back in November.

Let me know if I'm missing a league or something is out of whack.

Elite Clubs National League
Southwest Standings

California Regional League
Cal-South U14

Elite Girls Soccer League (Spring)
All ages and flights are in 1 table

Southern California Developmental Soccer League
Flight 1 Champions Division
Flight 1 Europa South
Flight 1 Europa East
Flight 1 Europa North

Flight 2 North
Flight 2 South
Flight 2 East
Flight 2 Central
Flight 2 South II

Flight 3 North
Flight 3 South

San Diego Developmental Academy
SDDA Flight 1
SDDA Flight 2

Coast Soccer League
Gold North
Gold South
Silver Elite South
Silver Elite North
Silver Alpha
Silver East
Silver North
Silver West
Bronze Alpha
Bronze Beta
Bronze Central
Bronze Delta
Bronze East
Bronze Gamma
Bronze North
Bronze West

Presidio Soccer League
AA-A
AA-B North
AA-B Central
AA-B South

Last edited:
Maybe CRL as well since it goes throughout the 2016-2017 season?

I was planning to limit it to league's which play their regular season between Labor Day and Thanksgiving. I'm leery of scope creep and wanted a definitive end (not including championships) by the end of the calendar year.

I've modified the title (by adding 2016) to more clearly reflect the scope as it currently stands.

Let me know if I can help with any type of spreadsheet to help track this information for us throughout the year...I have a reputation on these boards as having some mad skills! :D

Does anyone know when schedules for SCDSL will be posted?

If you go by prior seasons, you can expect them roughly one week before the season starts. I have heard the delay is not SCDSL's fault. Rather it is the clubs not supplying any or enough fields to finalize the schedules.

Be patient. There is really nothing we as parents can do to speed the process up.

All the links should be good to go. In my ignorance, I didn't know the ECNL league went through spring (I thought playoffs were then). I've expanded the scope to include leagues that span the fall leagues, so I've also added CRL per Tech 72's request.

How will Development Academy teams fit into this "league" landscape next year - will they play in any of these gaming circuits...participate in a new gaming circuit with just the DA teams included...or no specific gaming circuit and just compete in "friendlies" throughout the year?

Not sure how the boys programs handle it (since I am the proud dad to three girls...even though I refer to them as "the boys I never had")...so if anyone know how the DA teams will compete next year, your insight and information is greatly appreciated.

How will Development Academy teams fit into this "league" landscape next year - will they play in any of these gaming circuits...participate in a new gaming circuit with just the DA teams included...or no specific gaming circuit and just compete in "friendlies" throughout the year?

Not sure how the boys programs handle it (since I am the proud dad to three girls...even though I refer to them as "the boys I never had")...so if anyone know how the DA teams will compete next year, your insight and information is greatly appreciated.

All speculation at this point. The webinar is clear and a good read though so I would start there.
It's my understanding HS participation is allowed until 2020.
It's also my understanding that if you have a waiver due to a scholarship at a high school due to soccer that you can continue to play DA but every experience I have seen with that the boy hasn't come back.
On the boys side it's practice four days a week with participation only in the DA and selected tournaments only . There is no ability for a kid in the DA to play on a another team in the club to help out. Its a completely separate system.
Our regions have already been chosen so if you look at the boys development Academy website on US soccer you can see how they divide the regions and what that means for the play.
I also think you should go to the 03 boys side and asked that question because I know a lot of those gentlemen on that thread are actively involved in their own boys DA teams.
I wish I had more insight I'm just thinking it might be a hybrid of the boys the first year and I did not have a boy in the system when the Academy first started so I can't speak to how that first year was implemented .

Generik:

Check out this link: U.S. Soccer Development Academy. I found this in the GDA forum from this site.

If I am reading this right, the GDA teams will play teams in their same conference. Very similar to ECNL. Since there is only one team in the Southwest Conference outside of Southern CA, the travel should be a lot less. It does mention playing in showcases, so who knows where those will be played.

For those looking to see what upcoming State/National cup competition did in league play, the links in the first post should be comprehensive.

Back