Girls Development Academy

The U20 team is knocked out of the U20 world cup by North Korea and were outshot 25 to single digits.

The DA is as good as dead now. Many forums are calling for a house cleaning today.

In theory the DA was a great idea but with no financial support from US Soccer and boneheaded upper leaderships this really never had a chance.
North Korea was a delight to watch. They outplayed the US in every position except for goalie. I thought Mallory Pugh was overrated and plays better with the older's. Sanchez was a pure delight to watch. What a treat to be so talented for a youngster. Watt would have made a difference had she not gotten injured. The US just didn't bring it the last 30 min of extra time. North Korea played like it was the 1st minute in extra time. It is going to be a great Championship game! I am rooting for North Korea!

North Korea was a delight to watch. They outplayed the US in every position except for goalie. I thought Mallory Pugh was overrated and plays better with the older's. Sanchez was a pure delight to watch. What a treat to be so talented for a youngster. Watt would have made a difference had she not gotten injured. The US just didn't bring it the last 30 min of extra time. North Korea played like it was the 1st minute in extra time. It is going to be a great Championship game! I am rooting for North Korea!

All I can say is WOW!! I'm going to guess you don't have a player of Pugh's caliber.

Mallory Pugh overrated? You sound like Pulgita now. Pugh is amazing. The tactics and surrounding cast, not so much. Sanchez is talented but she is no Pugh. You will get to see them both on the same team all the time next year. I'm take any bet that Pugh fills up the stat sheet more even with teams focused on her. If you have never seen Pugh play live you need to hold off on any ignorant comments regarding her. It's like watching Lebron James live. It's hard to appreciate the effect that he has on the game when you are watching what the TV camera wants you to see and not everything else.

I have seen Pugh live when she was in real CO. Good player.

Have you seen the Najee Harris the high school football #1 Recruit in America? Go to you tube. Dude is amazing and she's nothing close to what he is compared to their relative standards.
So when people talk about her like she's the second coming of Mia Hamm I just laugh. Pure marketing at play. However no doubt one of the better players on the U20 team.

I have seen Pugh live when she was in real CO. Good player.

Have you seen the Najee Harris the high school football #1 Recruit in America? Go to you tube. Dude is amazing and she's nothing close to what he is compared to their relative standards.
So when people talk about her like she's the second coming of Mia Hamm I just laugh. Pure marketing at play. However no doubt one of the better players on the U20 team.

I just saw Mr. Harris and I have to tell you I noticed two things right away that are going to be a big shock for him come his first D1 game. He runs too high and leaves his feet too much. Let's revisit this next year about this time and see who had done more for their respective teams. You are right about there being no comparison and I think the player getting shortchanged is Pugh.

I just saw Mr. Harris and I have to tell you I noticed two things right away that are going to be a big shock for him come his first D1 game. He runs too high and leaves his feet too much. Let's revisit this next year about this time and see who had done more for their respective teams. You are right about there being no comparison and I think the player getting shortchanged is Pugh.
Agreed on Pugh being the one shortchanged there. She's already playing against elite competition and doing well. In HS football, he's a man among boys, so it will be hard to project his impact until he's regularly competing with other grown men. His tape shows him running over a lot of 190lb kids. Not to hijack the thread, but I will say that his running style shouldn't be a big problem given his size. Upright running-style is bad for little guys, but when you are 6'3, 230+ with speed, it can work. Reminds me of Eddie George. Jalen Hurd (formerly) of Tennessee also had a lot of success running like that. However, if he keeps growing, he won't be a running back for long. He could easily put on 40 lbs in college, and if he wants to play in the NFL, he'll have to do it at another position. I see a kid that big in HS and I imagine he's going to be a LB or TE eventually.

All I can say is WOW!! I'm going to guess you don't have a player of Pugh's caliber.

Mallory Pugh overrated? You sound like Pulgita now. Pugh is amazing. The tactics and surrounding cast, not so much. Sanchez is talented but she is no Pugh. You will get to see them both on the same team all the time next year. I'm take any bet that Pugh fills up the stat sheet more even with teams focused on her. If you have never seen Pugh play live you need to hold off on any ignorant comments regarding her. It's like watching Lebron James live. It's hard to appreciate the effect that he has on the game when you are watching what the TV camera wants you to see and not everything else.
My own personal opinion, overrated in this game. I just don't think she did much for an impact player, but as you alluded to, it may have had something to do with her surrounding cast, b/c at times, she got frustrated at them. I am a Pugh fan and recently a Sanchez fan and can appreciate talent when I see it. Love to see our Blues girl playing with the best and representing! Look forward to seeing them be amazing together at UCLA! I think they both will fill up the stat sheet and be incredible together!!

My own personal opinion, overrated in this game. I just don't think she did much for an impact player, but as you alluded to, it may have had something to do with her surrounding cast, b/c at times, she got frustrated at them. I am a Pugh fan and recently a Sanchez fan and can appreciate talent when I see it. Love to see our Blues girl playing with the best and representing! Look forward to seeing them be amazing together at UCLA! I think they both will fill up the stat sheet and be incredible together!!

Fair enough. I agree that they both will do well next year so you will get plenty of opportunities to see them live. I suggest you bring your daughter out to see them.

Fair enough. I agree that they both will do well next year so you will get plenty of opportunities to see them live. I suggest you bring your daughter out to see them.
My DD will definitely be catching some of their games. It will be a treat for all of us to watch the talent out there. Can't wait!

My DD will definitely be catching some of their games. It will be a treat for all of us to watch the talent out there. Can't wait!
Hope fully my dd will have an opportunity to play against them and test her metal. UCLA will win it all next year. Feel sorry for the UCLA seniors that will be sitting pine.

Correction to your post NG: school with a FANTASTIC football team.

And btw, anyone doubting the academic strength of UDub, just hop onto your kid's Naviance program and see how many kids from the school apply and how many get in.

And further, large public institutions are at a disadvantage with APR as many take walk-ons and they end up transferring out at a higher percentage when they realize they are not going to get time. Nothing wrong with it, but it does skew the APR.
IWML, Congrats to your son.....Pac12 Football Champs! Your family must be so PROUD, Go Dawgs!

Hope fully my dd will have an opportunity to play against them and test her metal. UCLA will win it all next year. Feel sorry for the UCLA seniors that will be sitting pine.

What seniors will be sitting pine? The only two players that will be seniors who start are on the backline and aren't going anywhere. Winters and Matulich are valuable off the bench. The Bruins started 6 freshman, a sophomore, 2 juniors and 2 seniors in their last few games. They are going to have hockey line changes on offense next year. I agree they are going to be the odds on favorite to win. Let's see if the the natty by the ladies of Troy motivates them. They tied West Virginia and beat $C when they played them. They will be in good shape next year.

LA Premier Girls DA information starting to be released on website: http://www.lapremierfc.com/football/girlsacademy

G03/04 tryout dates released have also been released.
Nick Gumpert (LAPFC Girls DOC and USSF A license coach will head this age group).

The tryouts are going to be held at La Canada High School Stadium Field:

Back