GIRLS DAII

Have both my kids watching the U20 World Cup England vs Costa Rica game. England is the best at pass and move from what I've seen.

Have both my kids watching the U20 World Cup England vs Costa Rica game. England is the best at pass and move from what I've seen.
Costa Rica looked horrible in that game.

England made them look bad. They were wonderful at making sure they took every touch with movement into open space, passing everyone filling the gaps. The finishing on the goals were superb too. Especially the second goal with he outside touch meg. Damn!

England made them look bad. They were wonderful at making sure they took every touch with movement into open space, passing everyone filling the gaps. The finishing on the goals were superb too. Especially the second goal with he outside touch meg. Damn!
Was it possession?

Was it possession?

They won the possession battle 60-40. None of these games are really possession like you see from Barcelona, Bayern and Arsenal. Everyone is attacking at all times which makes the games fun to watch.

I would describe it as beautiful synchronicity. The ball moved to the open player who would touch and go into open space while the passer and other players would make runs. They were never stagnant which allowed them to always great dangerous chances. They really moved as a fluid unit. The 2-1 score didn't do them justice.

Oh the best part was the person with the ball never stopped the ball or his feet. If he was cut off he would just manuever into whatever space was available that avoided a defender and his teammates would make a run according to the new angle given and spaces created. I was really impressed.

They won the possession battle 60-40. None of these games are really possession like you see from Barcelona, Bayern and Arsenal. Everyone is attacking at all times which makes the games fun to watch.

I would describe it as beautiful synchronicity. The ball moved to the open player who would touch and go into open space while the passer and other players would make runs. They were never stagnant which allowed them to always great dangerous chances. They really moved as a fluid unit. The 2-1 score didn't do them justice.

Oh the best part was the person with the ball never stopped the ball or his feet. If he was cut off he would just manuever into whatever space was available that avoided a defender and his teammates would make a run according to the new angle given and spaces created. I was really impressed.
What is your dds favorite game to watch?

Possession is like the old no dunking rule in basketball. Defend and get to a spot is what the world is on.
What is your definition of possession? Spain in the 2012 Euro Final scored the 1st goal on a 28 pass sequence. The second goal was scored on a 3 pass sequence that originated from the goal keeper. Both were 100% possession.

What is your dds favorite game to watch?

So as not to put anyone in a bad light, both kids playing at the DA level has us on the soccer field 6-7 days a week.

The girl doesn't enjoy watching at this point. Likes to break away from the game and sleep. With the heavy school load of gate and advanced classes combined with soccer she gets away. Prefers reading.

The boy is a psychopath like me and watches keepers. Navas, Reina, Cech, Courtois, Neuer, De Gea etc.... His keeper coach wants him watching more so I will give him games to watch. U-20 world cup, World Cup Qualifiers, etc...

What is your definition of possession? Spain in the 2012 Euro Final scored the 1st goal on a 28 pass sequence. The second goal was scored on a 3 pass sequence that originated from the goal keeper. Both were 100% possession.

My definition is:
When a team is capable of getting the ball back fast after losing it resulting in the other team to stop trying to have the ball at all and resorting to wishing that one forward up top can beat 2-3 defenders on a long ball chase.

Follow USSOCER_ACAD on Instagram to learn more about it. They will be doing a mini series showing the core principles of the program. No I have no clue how they will show it. Just and fyi

Are we speaking about the girls/women's side of the game? Women run a direct style of play imho

Outside, you maybe familiar with DeAnza in my DDs 98/99 age group. Nobody can argue that they play the closest style of play as Barca, because Andres Deza (old coach) is Spanish. Believe this or not. There was a knock on the DeAnza players and it was can they adapt to the college game? Now the 1st wave of graduated players just finished their freshmen college season. I believe only Tierna Davidson from Stanford made a huge impact in the college game and she is a holding mid. Their former forwards did NOT light up the goal sheet as freshmens.

So for the younger parents, be careful what you wish in playing possession soccer, because the college game is another beast on it's own.

DD was in the old 99/00 age group, so I never saw that team play. DD's team did play a De Anza team in their age group at Surf Turkey that was very good at possession. They lost to DeAnza, but in their defense, they were on their seventh game of the weekend having played in both Surf and NN. Even with a roster of 22, the players were tired.

In other games, I have seen the defense of possession oriented teams forced to play over the top by a team that dominates the midfield. DD has another year of club before college. At this point she knows more about the game than I ever will, so I plan to just provide support and encouragement.

So both my kids thought the U20 World Cup game between England and Costa Rica was a total snore fest. They didn't care about the build up because it didn't amount to enough shots. They thought both goals England scored were great. It's all about perspective. Kids want action!

Back