Getting ready for the College Level...

What do you mean she has it down? What did she get?
Dubs, it's satire bro. Disregard anything I say. It was a joke, ok. She is nowhere near ready to walk on to a big time college program today. No soccer in 12 months if you followed the rules that the state told us to follow. I dont know much about the test except to say my dd aced it already. It's not easy and she hated doing it. Some sort of score you need under like 10 or 12 or something like that. It sucks but I think she understands that in two and quaters years from now she will have to be in tippy top shape if she wants to play. I dont think watching and anaylzing games is going to herlp my, but running and being in college shape will be #1 priority. I will also add that my dd Soccer IQ is very very high and that is a fact. She reads the game very well. It;s the getting in shape part the last 12 months that has been hard.

College, yes. Game film sessions and prep before big match up? Yes!! 13 year olds? No way unless they have to.....
Who said anything about prep before a big match? My youngest just likes to watch videos of herself..ha.. You know, kinda like the current selfie generation.

My kid didn’t like watching games either initially but she loves to go to games. So, we attend all Xolos home games and now she has progressed to watching games in different leagues on her own. Maybe try taking her to pro games if possible and she’ll progress to watching games on TV on her own.
My wife took her to Canada to watch all the World Cup games live and in person. I took her to San Diego to watch WYNT beat up on a country I cant remember. I saw Kobe and took a pic of him walking by. See, look. I'm happy your dd loves to watch the game son tv. My dd never has. I guess she's the only one and I was wrong to judge.

Who said anything about prep before a big match? My youngest just likes to watch videos of herself..ha.. You know, kinda like the current selfie generation.
I'm talking about watching matches, like EPL and MLS and the other leagues. It's of no interest to her. She can still play and kick ass without watching games on tv. Would it make her a better player? No, Moo!!!

My wife took her to Canada to watch all the World Cup games live and in person. I took her to San Diego to watch WYNT beat up on a country I cant remember. I saw Kobe and took a pic of him walking by. See, look. I'm happy your dd loves to watch the game son tv. My dd never has. I guess she's the only one and I was wrong to judge.
I
I'm talking about watching matches, like EPL and MLS and the other leagues. It's of no interest to her. She can still play and kick ass without watching games on tv. Would it make her a better player? No, Moo!!!
How will she learn tactics and different formations?

I

How will she learn tactics and different formations?
Is she going pro? Is she going to play in college? I have no idea and I understand it would improve her game I guess if she wasted hours of her precious time watching games on tv. That makes zero sense to me personally so I never pushed it. She did get in trouble because she didnt obey her old coach for not getting up early Saturday morning to watch some Man U team. Maybe that's what it is. Anyway, she's just a girl on fire and wants to play in the games, not go to practice 4 days a week, 11 months out of the year or watch stupid games on tv. She wants to play in the matches that matter. Plus, she knows the game Dre. She was taught the mental toughness game by Tad and hard USA soccer traning from PD. Some think Deza was the best, no he wasnt.

Last edited:
If she doesn't want to watch, she doesn't want to watch. Mine like to watch soccer, it's what they do.

Reactions: STX
The biggest things are fitness, strength, and movement during the game. Fitness and strength are achievable with a trainer or finding the wealth of info available. Movement and IQ is harder. Watching helps but you have to know what you’re watching for.

the beep test isn’t getting under anything. The higher the better. And there’s no “acing” it. It just keeps going. College women should be high 30’s, 40’s. College men 60’s-70’s.

The biggest things are fitness, strength, and movement during the game. Fitness and strength are achievable with a trainer or finding the wealth of info available. Movement and IQ is harder. Watching helps but you have to know what you’re watching for.

the beep test isn’t getting under anything. The higher the better. And there’s no “acing” it. It just keeps going. College women should be high 30’s, 40’s. College men 60’s-70’s.
They you go. Thank you for explaining the Beep Test. My dd did enough that her trainer said you passed with fying colors. Sorry for saying she aced the test. I think the faster you go higher the score. Anyway, the point everyone is making is make sure your in shape.

It depends on the college, but in addition to the beep test, many colleges also run some variation of the Man U and the Cooper (how far can you run in 12 minutes).

It depends on the college, but in addition to the beep test, many colleges also run some variation of the Man U and the Cooper (how far can you run in 12 minutes).
Sounds like fun. I liked, "how hard will you run to win the game :)" I hate practicing btw Outside.......lol! I was like A Eye bro when it came to playing hoops. My coaches would see me practice and I was at 7 out of 10 effort wise. However, when the game started, I was 11 out of 10 effort wise. I would go turbo. I could not get that turbo energy at practice. I also hated to run lines after practice because my big guys were poor free throw shooters. I was 95% money.

Do girls honestly sit down and watch soccer games and then analyze the game? I find it hard to believe but what do I know.
Prior to being committed we were lucky if she would sit and watch a USWNT game let alone anything else other than the occasional spectacular highlight. Since her committed school started games this spring she hasn't missed one of them via live stream. She pays very close attention to the style of play and specifically to those playing in her positions.

Prior to being committed we were lucky if she would sit and watch a USWNT game let alone anything else other than the occasional spectacular highlight. Since her committed school started games this spring she hasn't missed one of them via live stream. She pays very close attention to the style of play and specifically to those playing in her positions.
That's cool. I hope no one thinks I don't think it's a positive to watch. I watched sports 24/7 before all this. I just don't think a lot of girls are into it. I'm sure if my dd wants to play in college she will look to watch some game film.

My DDs watch games all the time. Talk about a sexist statement Crush. Ignore button is used.
Ignore me all you want 45. I'm obviously pissing people off today again for speaking the truth. My hate PM is through the roof. My wife says today is the day I leave this place. She has never told me that before. I learned a long time ago to listen to her and I am. Some of you are whacked out of your freaking minds. It's just soccer. I'm leaving for good today.

Reactions: STX
How much you pay her Happy to watch? Be honest. I swear if you dont tell them to watch, they wont watch. They would much rather go out and play, MOO. I dont buy any of this, "my dd loves to sit down and analyze the games." No way.....
My youngest will frequently watch college and professional soccer games. If I ask her what she sees, she will give a really in depth analysis of what the players did right and what they did wrong. She definitely comments on "bad defending" as she is a defender.

Could you or somebody in the know please explain in detail what it takes to achieve college level fitness?

i mentioned in another thread my daughter has a unique opportunity to play for a low level national team overseas this summer. Strength and conditioning coach sent this week 1 training plan. All my kids played club and HS but never at the ECnL/DA/GA level. I’ve never seen any of my kids have this type of strength and conditioning schedule, not sure it’s different for those elite leagues. I would imagine college must be some where in this ball park for strength training?
72B67EFA-413E-46AF-8090-351A350BA342.jpeg

I have to record the training sessions, send it to the trainer to evaluate form and proper technique. Once that is met with reaching the specific # of reps they will send week 2. This doesn’t include the cardio/conditioning program yet

i mentioned in another thread my daughter has a unique opportunity to play for a low level national team overseas this summer. Strength and conditioning coach sent this week 1 training plan. All my kids played club and HS but never at the ECnL/DA/GA level. I’ve never seen any of my kids have this type of strength and conditioning schedule, not sure it’s different for those elite leagues. I would imagine college must be some where in this ball park for strength training?
View attachment 10365
Thanks. Playing overseas is a great experience. My kid wishes she was in Mexico City playing with girls that have been on her team since she was 5 but I have been lagging on her citizenship paperwork so she missed out.

Meet Yosdel. She’s only 13 and she has a Ph.d...she’s Poor, Hungry, and Determined. My kid has learned so much about life being her teammate. I actually cried when I saw her smiling in this tweet:

Back