Galaxy SB Tournament

Tech - Your thoughts on this tournament.

Give us a short one. Some good teams here. A little analysis might help you warm up your Surf Cup Specs.

RSC
Alvarez
Macias
Galaxy SB
Arsenal EGSL - RB (I think)

Give us a short one. Some good teams here. A little analysis might help you warm up your Surf Cup Specs.

RSC
Alvarez
Macias
Galaxy SB

Bracket A
Albion SC - Academy
Arsenal FC - LA - EGSL
LA Galaxy - SB - Elite
Rebels - Gold

Group Breakdown: On paper, the two favorites in this tournament are RSC and CDA Slammers, so it's no surprise that the home team has cooked the brackets in their favor. That being said Bracket A is still a very competitive group, but the toughest match up any team would face would be in Bracket B.

Albion had some decent results at their tournament, but as they progress into the season they will face much stiffer competition, and they will definitely be tested by both Galaxy and Rebels.

Arsenal - LA, is a "Flight II" team that is looking to make the transition to tougher competition this season. Their first foray into the mix hasn't yielded the results they want and it won't get any easier at this event either. They'll be able to press and push against Galaxy and Rebels who tend to be more technical teams but I don't imagine it will be enough to carry them beyond the group round.

LA Galaxy has started to turn heads after their opening weekend of CRL and if they continue that success this weekend, they'll no longer be under the radar. They "should" be favored to win this group but both Albion and Rebels are right there with them.

Rebels, always a fun team to watch, very patient and composed with an emphasis on technical skills. The game to watch in this group will be Galaxy vs. Rebels.

Bracket B
Beach FC - SB
CDA Slammers - Cerritos - Macias
Real So Cal - EGSL
Strikers FC - South Coast - Alvarez

Group Breakdown: This group will provide one of the more entertaining match ups Pre-Surf Cup in CDA vs. RSC. Throw in some Strikers - Alvarez and you spice this group up with some history. Add a sprinkle of Beach FC - SB and you have a very tough group.

Strikers - Alvarez could be key in deciding this group. Especially if RSC and CDA end up in a draw. Alvarez may not win this group but they will be competitive in all 3 games.

Best of luck to everyone this weekend! Keep us posted with scores and observations!

RSC
Alvarez
Macias
Galaxy SB

My only question marks in Group A is Rebels and Arsenal LA (not an RB team). ive seen Albion play and they are going to grind on some teams, but Galaxy is a head above them. Haven't seen or heard from Rebels since the Age Change but their i12's from last year played a great style of soccer, just lacked a knockout punch offensively. There is little history to be found for Arsenal LA and it would appear they will have a tough weekend (I hope I'm wrong).

older 04s at real vs younger 04's cda slammers is the match up I'm interested to see.

Of course Macias vs Alvarez should be an intense battle.

Our team is missing two starters and we have two others nursing injuries. I think our coach would have rather not played this tournament right before surf cup. He brought in two guests from our sister team in HB and wanted to limit the starters playing time. That being said props to Real Socal they scored on the chances they had and we didn't. I can say you will see a much different team at Surf than the one that is playing this weekend.

Last edited:
Our team is missing two staraters and we have two others nursing injuries. I think our coach would have rather not played this tournament right before surf cup. He brought in two guests from our sister team in HB and wanted to limit the starters playing time. That being said props to Real Socal they scored on the chances they had and we didn't. I can say you will see a much different team at Surf than the one that is playing this weekend.

Really? Stop with the excuses. You have a very good team. If your going to play in the Tourny then play bro. Every team is hurt or missing players stop crying. Real Socal is the real deal. Don't short change them by your BS!

Really? Stop with the excuses. You have a very good team. If your going to play in the Tourny then play bro. Every team is hurt or missing players stop crying. Real Socal is the real deal. Don't short change them by your BS!
Your a clown BRO, no one is short changing Real So Cal. They were the better team that day and I'm sure we will see them again down the road.

Lonewolf, not short changing Real at all. They move the ball way, have a forward that is extremely dangerous and they killed us on set pieces. We will look forward to a rematch down the road. The main reason for my post was in response to Kicker and his observations regarding our starters being subbed early.

Last edited:
I don't see any issue with what Macias is doing. There is no difference between what they are doing and what Jill Ellis is doing with all the international Friendlies they've played leading up to Rio.

Back