G2010 Status?

Eagles are the hottest team at the moment.
The sky is falling at Blues because the parents can't accept not winning every single game and blame the coaching. Imagine that.
Expecting to see a ton of player movement across the ECNL platform, come May/June.

E64 is a disaster.
F1 watered down more than ever.
GA is 2-3 good teams and then a severe drop.
DPL looks like low end F1

The sky is falling at Blues because the parents can't accept not winning every single game and blame the coaching. Imagine that.
Expecting to see a ton of player movement across the ECNL platform, come May/June.

E64 is a disaster.
100% accurate.

I would add that the GA teams that arent as good are getting better because they're focusing more on development and posession over booting it up to the big fast kid. It's hard to do the same in ECNL (in Socal) because the top teams are so dominate.

E64 is a disaster.

interesting. Tons of player movement coming. Out of the top teams, where do you see the most movement coming?

E64 is a disaster.

Ratings for the 2010G (U13) support this entirely.

ECNL: ECNL.jpg (essentially all the top teams in the state, with few exceptions)

GA: GA.jpg (top 3 teams are 12th, 16th, and 33rd in state; rest falls pretty quickly)

DPL: DPL.jpg (top 3 teams are 29th, 53rd, and 62nd in state. only 4 more in top 100)

Elite 64: elite 64.jpg (top teams are 15th, 21st, 25th. Looks like there are 3 or 4 competitive teams, rest are not)

F1, here are links to the 4 U13/G10 tables (North, East, South, West. Top team in 3 of the tables is in the 30's, except West top team is in the 60's. It falls down very quickly in all tables after 1 or 2 teams.

(There are likely a couple teams missing in the screenshots, and also a couple additional teams that shouldn't be there, if the naming of the team is a bit out of the ordinary)

interesting. Tons of player movement coming. Out of the top teams, where do you see the most movement coming?

My opinion is Blues (unless they get a new coach).
All the other top teams (Surf/Koge/Eagles/Blues) I think 2-4 players come and go.
The mid level ECNL teams will have the most movement and I think some good teams will become a lot better by grabbing
some nice pieces from the struggling ECNL teams.

The first year of ECNL exposes a lot of truths about certain teams/players/programs. I can see why the most player movement comes after year 1 of ECNL. Politics/playing time/$$$/travel/time/uncommitted players/families and simply kids just wanting to have fun instead of putting them in a due or die situation weekly.

ECNL: View attachment 15158 (essentially all the top teams in the state, with few exceptions)

GA: View attachment 15159 (top 3 teams are 12th, 16th, and 33rd in state; rest falls pretty quickly)

DPL: View attachment 15160 (top 3 teams are 29th, 53rd, and 62nd in state. only 4 more in top 100)

Elite 64: View attachment 15161 (top teams are 15th, 21st, 25th. Looks like there are 3 or 4 competitive teams, rest are not)

F1, here are links to the 4 U13/G10 tables (North, East, South, West. Top team in 3 of the tables is in the 30's, except West top team is in the 60's. It falls down very quickly in all tables after 1 or 2 teams.

3rd place in GA is West Coast FC.
3rd place in ECNL Mojave: Beach
3rd place in ECNL Sonoran: Koge

Beach and Koge are far superior, they'd be battling one another for 1st if you put them in GA and it wouldn't be close.

3rd place in GA is West Coast FC.
3rd place in ECNL Mojave: Beach
3rd place in ECNL Sonoran: Koge

Beach and Koge are far superior, they'd be battling one another for 1st if you put them in GA and it wouldn't be close.
I agree, but West Coast would likely be competitive against the #5 ECNL socal teams + if they stay together and continue development eventually they'll be able to give ECNL #3 a game.

This is what I mean by GA allowing teams to get better. With ECNL you have top talent with Speed, IQ, and Power concentrated on 2-3 teams. If you're not able to play on the top teams you're not going to learn anything getting blown out week after week in league.

I agree, but West Coast would likely be competitive against the #5 ECNL socal teams + if they stay together and continue development eventually they'll be able to give ECNL #3 a game.

Do you mean #5 overall, or #5 in each individual ECNL bracket? #5 overall is HB Koge, who would be expected to win by 4. #5 in Mojave (LA Breakers), does look like it might be a closer game (within a goal). #5 in Sonoran (Phoenix Rising), is also only ahead by a goal.

Moving up 4 goals in comparison with peers either organically or even by recruiting is a very significant lift. 1 goal difference is not only much more doable, it's also closer to the margin of error of each game anyway.

ECNL: View attachment 15158 (essentially all the top teams in the state, with few exceptions)

GA: View attachment 15159 (top 3 teams are 12th, 16th, and 33rd in state; rest falls pretty quickly)

DPL: View attachment 15160 (top 3 teams are 29th, 53rd, and 62nd in state. only 4 more in top 100)

Elite 64: View attachment 15161 (top teams are 15th, 21st, 25th. Looks like there are 3 or 4 competitive teams, rest are not)

(There are likely a couple teams missing in the screenshots, and also a couple additional teams that shouldn't be there, if the naming of the team is a bit out of the ordinary)
ecRL?

(ran out of time to edit)

Another point about ECRL, is that every single team in the top 100 for ECRL, has a higher ECNL team as well. It makes sense that the 2nd tier team wouldn't be expected to crack the top 10 against ECNL - but the 2nd teams could be clustered closer together still within the top 50.

Attachments

• 12287359-3130-4C0C-8904-8748DE439E5D.png
    12287359-3130-4C0C-8904-8748DE439E5D.png
    806.3 KB · Views: 5

This is what I mean by GA allowing teams to get better. With ECNL you have top talent with Speed, IQ, and Power concentrated on 2-3 teams. If you're not able to play on the top teams you're not going to learn anything getting blown out week after week in league.

A bunch of blow outs? Pulled some mid season game results for for both Leagues. Looks like they both have a couple blow outs, but ECNL looks to have more balance; a couple of very good teams, but they will only play them once or twice a season. Those teams would blow out other teams in any league they play in, that is why they are considered the best teams. Most of the ECNL games look to have been competitive. GA is mismatched in just about every game. The top NPL, E64, ECRL teams in the area would be a dead heat with the West Coast Team. I can't say I see the logic in your perspective of the GA.

Attachments

• ECNL 2.PNG
    ECNL 2.PNG
    84.1 KB · Views: 23
  • ECNL.PNG
    ECNL.PNG
    85.1 KB · Views: 26
  • GA.PNG
    GA.PNG
    105.3 KB · Views: 22
There was a west coast team from NorCal that made their appearance in the top 10 playing NPL or something. Not sure what happened to that team but the ratings had them high. It wasn’t the west coast team from SoCal. They were playing teams up north in GA but now they’ve disappeared from the ratings.

Looks like the team still exists, but fell just below the threshold of having enough games against ranked opponents (It appears they show 7 ranked games from 8/28 - 10/29, the remaining game was against Almaden FC GA, who are also still unrated). Once GA starts back up again in January I'd imagine the team will pop back on the ratings within a few games. They are so far undefeated in GA league play, and are on the top of the table as a result.

Link to their GA schedule
Link to their own site / roster

Looks like the team still exists, but fell just below the threshold of having enough games against ranked opponents (It appears they show 7 ranked games from 8/28 - 10/29, the remaining game was against Almaden FC GA, who are also still unrated). Once GA starts back up again in January I'd imagine the team will pop back on the ratings within a few games. They are so far undefeated in GA league play, and are on the top of the table as a result.

Link to their GA schedule
Link to their own site / roster

They're the 2010 Ajax Green team out of Modesto. Playing in GA under West Coast. Not sure how that works, but guess since it's a different league doesn't matter. They're still playing in NorCal State Cup as Ajax.

Back