G2010...How is the 2021 season going?

Lol like I tell everyone you don’t like it go somewhere else but don’t through your negativity/drama on everyone else. Just cause I don’t like something I don’t go complaining to every parent on my team or anyone that can hear, just do what is best for your kid. That playing up flight 2 09 is definitely a hit and miss depending what the coach wanted. Speed of play definitely not, learning the 11v11 field definitely the route to go. And in my opinion if Arsenal G10 ECNL is the team clubs like Koge, Blues, Legends are trying to pick apart even now to get girls they have something decent going on.

And avoiding tournaments when tournament season just started seems far fetched if it was July and they haven’t done anything I’d be like okay but we are barely going into June. And I still think tournaments are just scrimmages you pay for teams are definitely better off setting up scrimmages/round robins so much cheaper.

Seems like both Arsenal and LAFC did the same thing last season and Arsenal beat them in state cup. Being a parent to a club player and ex-coach if your unhappy just pull your kid don’t be toxic cause right now you sound like an upset Arsenal parent. And after reading your post it doesn’t even sound like your kid is on their NL team but one of teams their players were guesting for SMH

finally this forum is getting good again

Lol like I tell everyone you don’t like it go somewhere else but don’t through your negativity/drama on everyone else. Just cause I don’t like something I don’t go complaining to every parent on my team or anyone that can hear, just do what is best for your kid. That playing up flight 2 09 is definitely a hit and miss depending what the coach wanted. Speed of play definitely not, learning the 11v11 field definitely the route to go. And in my opinion if Arsenal G10 ECNL is the team clubs like Koge, Blues, Legends are trying to pick apart even now to get girls they have something decent going on.

And avoiding tournaments when tournament season just started seems far fetched if it was July and they haven’t done anything I’d be like okay but we are barely going into June. And I still think tournaments are just scrimmages you pay for teams are definitely better off setting up scrimmages/round robins so much cheaper.

Seems like both Arsenal and LAFC did the same thing last season and Arsenal beat them in state cup. Being a parent to a club player and ex-coach if your unhappy just pull your kid don’t be toxic cause right now you sound like an upset Arsenal parent. And after reading your post it doesn’t even sound like your kid is on their NL team but one of teams their players were guesting for SMH
I want to laugh badly, but I didn’t understand what you were trying to say in the last sentence in the first paragraph… lol

Heard the same re Koge (they had at least 2 guest players who were both 11s) and - couple of other players injured or out of town. Beach team was apparently a mix of 09/10 girls, so not representative of what they might bring to ECNL season.

Beach did not have any 09s. They had one guest from the 2010 ECRL team only because they have a couple of girls who are injured

I’m new to the SoCal soccer scene and a lot of folks have mentioned Arsenal… can anyone tell me why this club keeps coming up as a subject of interest? In Atlanta, it was always Top Hat…

I’m new to the SoCal soccer scene and a lot of folks have mentioned Arsenal… can anyone tell me why this club keeps coming up as a subject of interest? In Atlanta, it was always Top Hat…
I did a google search "Club Soccer Temecula" and Arsenal came up and I clicked on it back in 2010. God's honest truth. Hawks came up as well but I never heard of that name in the EPL. She had just turned 6 and her U6 AYSO team went undefeated. Our team was #1 in the Temecula/Murrieta area and we never lost. The two best players all said their leaving A SO for club. They did not invite my girl so I was left on my own to figure this whole club soccer thing. That's why I went to Google first. We signed up for Arsenal's CO-Ed Rec league and I was coach. The Arsenal Head coach of the U9 team kept coming to see my 6 year old because she was good and tried so hard against the boys. Anyway I got email from the coach ((she was nice)) saying my kid needs to be in club. I finished the season as coach in last place but my dd got the call up to the big squad. She went to her first club practice playing against 7 and 8 year olds and made the U9 team still as a 6 year old. Here she is at her first game. Notice her shorts? I went with Arsenal because of the logo and brand name and because my kid needed to be challenged. Her speed and quick reaction made the rec players look bad and the dads of those kids ((mostly father of boys)) felt my dd was too good and needed to go to club. She was just smart, fast and quick and knew where to be before the other boys and girls did. It was a big learning experience.

My dd first year of club
2011-07-23 12.54.07.jpg

I did a google search "Club Soccer Temecula" and Arsenal came up and I clicked on it back in 2010. God's honest truth. Hawks came up as well but I never heard of that name in the EPL. She had just turned 6 and her U6 AYSO team went undefeated. Our team was #1 in the Temecula/Murrieta area and we never lost. The two best players all said their leaving A SO for club. They did not invite my girl so I was left on my own to figure this whole club soccer thing. That's why I went to Google first. We signed up for Arsenal's CO-Ed Rec league and I was coach. The Arsenal Head coach of the U9 team kept coming to see my 6 year old because she was good and tried so hard against the boys. Anyway I got email from the coach ((she was nice)) saying my kid needs to be in club. I finished the season as coach in last place but my dd got the call up to the big squad. She went to her first club practice playing against 7 and 8 year olds and made the U9 team still as a 6 year old. Here she is at her first game. Notice her shorts? I went with Arsenal because of the logo and brand name and because my kid needed to be challenged. Her speed and quick reaction made the rec players look bad and the dads of those kids ((mostly father of boys)) felt my dd was too good and needed to go to club. She was just smart, fast and quick and knew where to be before the other boys and girls did. It was a big learning experience.

My dd first year of club
View attachment 13734
Great photo Crush! You ought to have your daughter do the same pose now, take a photo and post it here for us. If you think about how many activities exist for young girls that are destructive, you better understand how this youth sport is such an opportunity to occupy their time in an extremely positive way, developing experiences on how to attack life experiences that are similar. Bad coach = bad boss, learning how to win humbly and lose constructively, how teamwork teaches that life isn’t just about them. Now that you have gone through it, help others understand how to not waste the teaching moments. Another way to say it, would you rather your daughter have these learning experiences or hanging out at the Mall?

PS, I have a feeling you may leave for a little while but …………

Great photo Crush! You ought to have your daughter do the same pose now, take a photo and post it here for us. If you think about how many activities exist for young girls that are destructive, you better understand how this youth sport is such an opportunity to occupy their time in an extremely positive way, developing experiences on how to attack life experiences that are similar. Bad coach = bad boss, learning how to win humbly and lose constructively, how teamwork teaches that life isn’t just about them. Now that you have gone through it, help others understand how to not waste the teaching moments. Another way to say it, would you rather your daughter have these learning experiences or hanging out at the Mall?

PS, I have a feeling you may leave for a little while but …………
Thanks man. The Temecula Mall scared me to Laguna. Each place has it's challenges and I love both cities a lot. The mall scared me bro. I can deal with surfer dude all day over mall dude......lol. My wife and I feel our dd was brought to us to teach us, not me teaching her as much. I just made sure the street she was playing on was safe, meaning I did go ahead and call out the monsters.....lol. 100% I have to leave because she is done with youth soccer. I will lurk and answer only PMs. PMs are safe and fun for me. I have built some good friendships and most of my enemies leave me alone now. I tired them out...lol. Seriously, I do bug people and they don;t post because they know I will respond. It's time to hand over the Torch to the next round of dads. Luis is in a tough spot but I'm sure he will see what I see and take over for me.

The first thing I would do is define the radius that you are able/willing to travel to practice. Identify the clubs within that radius and then do your due diligence on the club, the teams, the coach. The Arsenal is an excellent club as far as I know. However, coaching is a big deal and I know nothing about your specific age group coach there. If you were in San Diego, my knowledge is much deeper but my process advice would be the same.

My dd just left Arsenal ECRL. The main branches are based out of Ontario and Walnut with a few branches in Norco, SGV and LA. We did not have a positive experience there so if I can’t say anything nice I’ll decline commenting any further.

Coming from Temecula there are a few clubs of note, Temecula hawks became legends Temecula valley. For our age group they’re not too bad.

Nearby is MSA (Murrieta Soccer Academy) formerly Murrieta Surf. I’ve always been a fan of the organization but know they’ve lost players to some of the ECNL programs in San Diego.

Then there’s City SC (which I believe used to be Temecula United). Decent option but nothing on the upper tier of teams of note.

Most the top girls I know from that area are making the commute to Legends in Eastvale / Norco and OC Great Park at this time.

But in regards to Arsenal, not really much of a presence in Temecula for the high end teams although that’s where the home field is

Whatever happened to Socker858. He’s the one who started this 2021 thread and came up with all the tiers. Anyone want to take a crack at this year’s Tear 1 teams so far?

Here is my list top 4 I. Tier 1. Could there be a top 5 or is number 5 the start of Tier 2

1) Surf Tear 1
2) Blues Tier 1
3) Eagles Tier 1
4) Slammers Koge Tier 1
5) ?

And Arsenal played with 5 NL players as “guests” as well as 2 top players from there 2011 team and still lost to the Blues RL team.
… that F2 team with (4) guest players giving ECRL teams trouble should be the concern going into the season and yes, 4 guest players.. every other player on that team had been there all season.. but guesting should not be a problem as all teams do it especially when a f2 team only has 11 players on their roster.. so I’m my opinion the F2 team benefited more from that result.

Top 10 SoCal
1) Surf (Clear number 1 and best soccer)
2) Blues
3) Eagles
4) Koge
5) Beach
6) LAFC
7) Sharks
8) ?
9) ?
10) ?

Arsenal had a good team but hard to tell who is still on the team. Heard the top players left.
I'll take the Baton....
8) Arsenal definitely some gems on that team. And landed some great additions.
9) Slammers FC ECNL took 1st at Cerritos Cup in the 2010 bracket.
10) Arsenal Arizona a little love to our neighbors to the east.
11) Legends
12) ?
13)?
14)?

My dd just left Arsenal ECRL. The main branches are based out of Ontario and Walnut with a few branches in Norco, SGV and LA. We did not have a positive experience there so if I can’t say anything nice I’ll decline commenting any further.

Coming from Temecula there are a few clubs of note, Temecula hawks became legends Temecula valley. For our age group they’re not too bad.

Nearby is MSA (Murrieta Soccer Academy) formerly Murrieta Surf. I’ve always been a fan of the organization but know they’ve lost players to some of the ECNL programs in San Diego.

Then there’s City SC (which I believe used to be Temecula United). Decent option but nothing on the upper tier of teams of note.

Most the top girls I know from that area are making the commute to Legends in Eastvale / Norco and OC Great Park at this time.

But in regards to Arsenal, not really much of a presence in Temecula for the high end teams although that’s where the home field is
My dd played Legends Temecula Valley after Arsenal South and that was one of the most fun years. Coach Heather was amazing. It's too bad the top girls can;t stay and win won for the area. I put Murrieta in there as well and maybe some top players from Sun City or Anza. The only way to pull it off is if all the flight 1 players stayed together and played together for the betterment of the city. I would nominate Coach Heather and her dad. Seriously, excellent example for little girls and does not "yell" at girls.

Back