CRL Play-In

CRL season starts this weekend. Most of the teams have now had at least 1 tournament (Surf, West Coast, Anaheim) under their belt. Thoughts as we go into the first weekend?

LAFA vs. Surf for a Surf Cup final rematch! Should be a good game - also interested in how Oxnard and La Esperanza will fair.

Albion Academy was not levels above the Regular club teams. Definitely a quality team, however not superior. They would not fair well at 2000. They should be playing 2001.
I agree with this post. Saw them play at Surf Cup. Could not believe they were a USSDA team. If those parents are paying fees, they are getting ripped off. They have a decent GK and good forwards. Their entire game is for the GK to play it long to the forwards and hope to score. I wonder if the parents are OK with this? Especially if their kids are D's and MF's. Not once during the matches I saw did they play from the back. Worst thing is that they had 3/4 coaches on the sideline. Maybe they missed the USSDA orientation where coaches were told that it is a good idea to pass the ball every now and then.

is the interest in Oxnard and La Esperanza card counts or score . both lines should have an interesting over and under.
Interesting comment on the cards. I looked up both teams CRL card record from last year. Out of 12 teams, they didn't look that bad. La Esperanza had 2 cards and Oxnard Pal had 3. Some of the bigger card offenders appear to be FC Golden State Black (5 cards), SLA Nomads (7 cards), & Pats IER (5 cards).

With the new substitution rules, it's going to be tough for all teams...All kids better have their A game on!

Interesting comment on the cards. I looked up both teams CRL card record from last year. Out of 12 teams, they didn't look that bad. La Esperanza had 2 cards and Oxnard Pal had 3. Some of the bigger card offenders appear to be FC Golden State Black (5 cards), SLA Nomads (7 cards), & Pats IER (5 cards).
Appear or were?...Well, not sure what the meaning wuz, if trying to imply that both teams play dirty, its BS!!! If both teams are fierce rivals and it was going to be a physical game, well it was!

Both teams tied! Both great matches!... Very surprised that FCGS OC got beat 3-0.
So are we! LAGSD is a very good team, they did great job keeping us from scoring while effectively scoring on us. Looking forward to playing them again. I think they are in CSL Gold with us - apparently they are not good enough for Premier either.

So are we! LAGSD is a very good team, they did great job keeping us from scoring while effectively scoring on us. Looking forward to playing them again. I think they are in CSL Gold with us - apparently they are not good enough for Premier either.

Was very proud of the boys, especially with what they have been through the last week or so. We have been team turmoil, 2 left and 3 missing. Kids stepped up, that is what we hoped for.

They are playing premiere the b team is playing gold...the top team was carlsbad last year and have 8 returning 01s from the 2000 team along with 3 starters from sdsc 2000 team last year so they are a very tough opponent for anyone.

Weekend #1 of CRL complete - not a single team won 2 games, this is going to be a very competitive season! Looking forward to what results next weekend brings!

Back