Climate and Weather

The future is not looking bright for oil, according to a new report that claims the commodity would have to be priced at $10-$20 a barrel to remain competitive as a transport fuel.

The new research, from BNP Paribas, says that the economics of renewable energy make it impossible for oil to compete at current prices. The author of the report, global head of sustainability Mark Lewis, says that “renewable electricity has a short-run marginal cost of zero, is cleaner environmentally, much easier to transport and could readily replace up to 40% of global oil demand”.

<...>

The oil industry has a massive incumbency advantage at the moment – 33% of global energy comes from oil at the moment, compared to 3% for renewables – but that advantage is time-limited to about 15-20 years, because every year, the sector has to invest in new projects to replace lost production and depleted wells. But because of the time it takes to develop new wells, by the time facilities that are approved today come online, “a growing portion of their output will be subject to fierce competition from a cheaper, cleaner fuel source”. This means many projects will struggle to make an economic case for development, or if they do go ahead, they may end up as stranded assets.

ore Fuel to the Fire - Will She Run? 'Never Say Never'
VIP Login

• Premium Content

Sen. Mazie Hirono: You Must ‘Believe in Climate Change As Though It’s a Religion’
Posted at 7:30 pm on November 12, 2019 by Nick Arama

Tweet
Screen-Shot-2019-11-12-at-3.21.19-PM.png
Screenshot from this video
Democratic Hawaii Sen. Mazie Hirono was at a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) prayer breakfast on Tuesday when she told people they had to believe in climate change as though it were a religion.

She exhorted her audience that they had to approach with that religious belief.

“And the third is, leaving our comfort zone. And for a lot of us, protesting, marching, that’s not something that we normally do, but, you know what?” Hirono asked. “These are times that call for us to do those things that we believe in and to march and not just to march. Get people to — out to vote so that we can have people here who truly are committed to human rights and environmental rights, climate change, believe in climate change as though it’s a religion, it’s not, it’s science, and all the things that remains to be done and there’s a lot.”

Well, at least she’s being honest and revealing what they truly think.
They want people to believe with that fervor and to convert other people. That’s why they want to silence any other comment as “deniers.” If you really support science, you always support questioning, because that’s a fundamental underpinning of science. You don’t try to silence disbelievers.
Some indeed have already taken this to heart, from a huge idol like picture of Greta Thunberg looking down on you Big Brother-like, in San Francisco to the worshipping of plants at the Union Seminary.

ore Fuel to the Fire - Will She Run? 'Never Say Never'
VIP Login

• Premium Content

Sen. Mazie Hirono: You Must ‘Believe in Climate Change As Though It’s a Religion’
Posted at 7:30 pm on November 12, 2019 by Nick Arama

Tweet
Screen-Shot-2019-11-12-at-3.21.19-PM.png
Screenshot from this video
Democratic Hawaii Sen. Mazie Hirono was at a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) prayer breakfast on Tuesday when she told people they had to believe in climate change as though it were a religion.

She exhorted her audience that they had to approach with that religious belief.

“And the third is, leaving our comfort zone. And for a lot of us, protesting, marching, that’s not something that we normally do, but, you know what?” Hirono asked. “These are times that call for us to do those things that we believe in and to march and not just to march. Get people to — out to vote so that we can have people here who truly are committed to human rights and environmental rights, climate change, believe in climate change as though it’s a religion, it’s not, it’s science, and all the things that remains to be done and there’s a lot.”

Well, at least she’s being honest and revealing what they truly think.
They want people to believe with that fervor and to convert other people. That’s why they want to silence any other comment as “deniers.” If you really support science, you always support questioning, because that’s a fundamental underpinning of science. You don’t try to silence disbelievers.
Some indeed have already taken this to heart, from a huge idol like picture of Greta Thunberg looking down on you Big Brother-like, in San Francisco to the worshipping of plants at the Union Seminary.
Democrats must be proud.

Meanwhile, in Venice, Italy...

Mayor Luigi Brugnaro, who said he would declare a state of disaster over the flooding, blamed climate change for the “devastating” acqua alta, or high waters, which peaked at over 6 feet on Tuesday night.
Had no idea you held him in such high regard...

The mayor of Venice has said anybody who shouts "Allahu akbar" in the city's main square will be shot.

Luigi Brugnaro, an independent politician who prides himself on not being "politically correct," made the threat in the wake of the Barcelona terror attacks.

The mayor of Venice has said anybody who shouts "Allahu akbar" in the city's main square will be shot.

Luigi Brugnaro, an independent politician who prides himself on not being "politically correct," made the threat in the wake of the Barcelona terror attacks.
Doesn't sound like a terrible idea to me. Which don't you like, his acknowledgment of science or his concern for public safety? I like them both.
I know you have trouble stringing together ideas. Don't respond quickly; maybe take your time.

The left just continues to prove how elitist the truly are. And these are the same people taking the lead on Climate Change.... how pathetic.

A UC Berkeley graduate student and instructor took to Twitter to shame "rural Americans" and those who aren't "pro-city."

Jackson Kernion, who has reportedly taught at least 11 philosophy courses at the California university, made the comments last Wednesday.

"I unironically embrace the bashing of rural Americans," Kernion wrote in a now-deleted tweet. "They, as a group, are bad people who have made bad life decisions...and we should shame people who aren't pro-city."

Kernion started going after rural citizens, saying they should have higher health care, pay more in taxes and be forced to live an "uncomfortable" life for rejecting "efficient" city life, Campus Reform reported.

Doesn't sound like a terrible idea to me. Which don't you like, his acknowledgment of science or his concern for public safety? I like them both.
I know you have trouble stringing together ideas. Don't respond quickly; maybe take your time.
So you do support President Trump! Good job Messy, there is hope for you!!

So you do support President Trump! Good job Messy, there is hope for you!!

A concern for public safety? Please go on.

Welcome to the team! You can go sit at the end of the bench and cheer. Just watch and learn how not to crash and burn and maybe next year to step to the plate...

Welcome to the team! You can go sit at the end of the bench and cheer. Just watch and learn how not to crash and burn and maybe next year to step to the plate...

Which don't you like, about the mayor of Venice: his acknowledgment of science or his concern for public safety? I like them both.
I know you have trouble stringing together ideas. Don't respond quickly; maybe take your time

Which don't you like, about the mayor of Venice: his acknowledgment of science or his concern for public safety? I like them both.
I know you have trouble stringing together ideas. Don't respond quickly; maybe take your time
You win the stupidity award. Like ALWAYS, your attempt to insert your agenda/narrative where you see fit is part of your crash and burn act. I love it!! Please show where I posted that I disagree with Venice Mayor... I just gave you enough rope and you did the rest. LOL Sunshine!!!

You win the stupidity award. Like ALWAYS, your attempt to insert your agenda/narrative where you see fit is part of your crash and burn act. I love it!! Please show where I posted that I disagree with Venice Mayor... I just gave you enough rope and you did the rest. LOL Sunshine!!!
So you agree with the mayor of Venice’s climate change views? Same here!

Back