Climate and Weather

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/...on-was-emphasizing-feelings-over-facts/211865

Accept the fact that ACC could be real to start with. Listen to what our experts are saying and weigh that against policy proposals presented to us and decide which ones make the most sense.
I believe the climate changes and always has and always will.
I don't accept that we can control climate change any more that we can control earthquakes, tidal waves or volcanos.
So, shall we have one big final bar-b-que and then start eating soy burgers?

I believe the climate changes and always has and always will.
I don't accept that we can control climate change any more that we can control earthquakes, tidal waves or volcanos.
So, shall we have one big final bar-b-que and then start eating soy burgers?

You don't accept? Do you think anyone should care about your poor feelings?

Perhaps you'd be willing to truncate that list a bit. Or just not share them all.
Im just repeating my alter ego's littany of ad hominem retorts.
Its a simple and easily repeatable list.
When confronted with ten letter numb sculls, they suit the bill. When a more thoughtful, and congenial tone is directed my way, Gilligan or My favorite martian, will reply equally thoughtfully, and even more congenially, as evidenced by my last two replies to you, Professor.

Why's you switch out Gilligan? Since the baseline is a running average, what's above it and below it will change. So what's minus and what's plus in your subsequent post only tells you which way the baseline is trending. But you're right that the absolute amplitude between the high and low points over a time period is indeed a fixed fluctuation value that you can look at. The magnitude of metemperature change has certainly been larger over earth history. But the rate of change right now is what draws attention. Fastest rate of change over the entire Holocene according to the models and proxies. JMO we'll ride out whatever may or may not be in store and muddle along. It's what we do. But if we keep talking like this Iz is going to come charging in here with alarm this and alarm that like there's a herd of badgers digging up his kalo patch and trying to scratch their way into his chicken coop. So we need to find a way to cast a long cold eye. If you're the type to mull over a good paper, consider the last stand of the ichthyosaurs about a 100 million years ago. You can read all about it here, and its a freebie (PMC link upper right).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26953824

Increasingly genetically bottlenecked, climate changing faster than they could adapt, what's a lizard-like fish to do? Old Charlie stole the handle and the train it won't stop going no way to slow down.
If I were to guess, I may deduce that large, warm blooded, "reptiles", may have gone bye bye, due to a lack of food. I know, duh..
Cold blooded true reptiles can go for long periods without food, and smaller warm blooded animals need less to sustain them.
Food shortage is my guess.
Climate, or a series of cataclysmic events, even parasitic alien invaders in cigar shaped, or disc shaped crafts.

Why's you switch out Gilligan? Since the baseline is a running average, what's above it and below it will change. So what's minus and what's plus in your subsequent post only tells you which way the baseline is trending. But you're right that the absolute amplitude between the high and low points over a time period is indeed a fixed fluctuation value that you can look at. The magnitude of metemperature change has certainly been larger over earth history. But the rate of change right now is what draws attention. Fastest rate of change over the entire Holocene according to the models and proxies. JMO we'll ride out whatever may or may not be in store and muddle along. It's what we do. But if we keep talking like this Iz is going to come charging in here with alarm this and alarm that like there's a herd of badgers digging up his kalo patch and trying to scratch their way into his chicken coop. So we need to find a way to cast a long cold eye. If you're the type to mull over a good paper, consider the last stand of the ichthyosaurs about a 100 million years ago. You can read all about it here, and its a freebie (PMC link upper right).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26953824

Increasingly genetically bottlenecked, climate changing faster than they could adapt, what's a lizard-like fish to do? Old Charlie stole the handle and the train it won't stop going no way to slow down.
That's funny you brought up the badger herd. They are not the problem. It's the wild pigs. But we did put a couple of badgers in the imu last week. Was some ono brah! No chicken coops for my fighters. If they can't survive outside the coop, they'll never make it in the ring.

What makes the "arguments" against ACC even dumber, is it doesn't even matter if mankind is responsible for the warming trend we're seeing. Many of policy proposals make sense even if it's just natural change in the Climate. The deniers are fighting against the best interests of mankind regardless.
The deniers don't exist. Is that an "if" in your post?

Back