CIF Playoffs

I don't have a point of view but nevertheless...According to MaxPreps the favorites are as follows according to their Power Rankings:

Division 1
Aliso Niguel
JSerra Catholic
Los Alamitos
Westlake (not to be confused w Hvd Wstlk)

Division 2
Moorpark
Redondo Union
Temecula Valley
San Luis Obispo

Division 3
Bishop Amat
South Torrance
Glendora HS
Santa Monica HS

Division 4
Sierra Canyon
La Quinta
Laguna Beach
Brentwood School

Division 5
Viewpoint
Palm Desert
Pioneer
Beverly Hills

Division 6
Grace Brethern
Los Amigos
Beaumont
Valley Christian

Division 7
Lennox Academy
Rancho Mirage
Nogales
San Gabriel Mission

Sil, I hear ya. Troy has not lost a league game in three years. However, one must take into consideration the teams within the league. Troy has one real opponent, Sunny Hills. The other teams, are, well, a nice bunch of kids that love the game. I am having trouble with the manner in which schools were placed in divisions. I am bummed, my girl suffered an MCL level 2 sprain during league and won't be playing. All fun and games.

Sil, I hear ya. Troy has not lost a league game in three years. However, one must take into consideration the teams within the league. Troy has one real opponent, Sunny Hills. The other teams, are, well, a nice bunch of kids that love the game. I am having trouble with the manner in which schools were placed in divisions. I am bummed, my girl suffered an MCL level 2 sprain during league and won't be playing. All fun and games.

It's just high school. Her college career is more important. Good luck to her during her recovery.

Sorry to hear that...wishing her a speedy recovery :)

Update--saw Dr. today and MRI scheduled. Thinks it is a torn meniscus. There goes Vegas and National Cup too. Hoping for the best.

Now, before I start seeing posts about how dumb it is to play high school, her injury came from a full sprint with a change of direction, not contact or bad play.

Update--saw Dr. today and MRI scheduled. Thinks it is a torn meniscus. There goes Vegas and National Cup too. Hoping for the best.

Now, before I start seeing posts about how dumb it is to play high school, her injury came from a full sprint with a change of direction, not contact or bad play.

Good luck on this! if the worse case scenario is torn meniscus, that's not that bad! She will be healed in time for Pre Season :)

High school soccer is dumb :). My DD had to sit out half season because some big girl thought she was playing football.

Hope your DD recovers quickly, don't rush her back.

I also don't think HS Soccer is that bad as others make it out to be. IMO, HS Soccer is actually less physical than high level club soccer.

Back