CAS G2008 Rankings (thru Thanksgiving)

Top 40 Rankings through Thanksgiving. Over 1400 games in the spreadsheet and 161 CalSouth teams. The methodology uses a "best fit" algorithm that takes as input scores from all tournaments and league play to then come up with a "strength" number (SRS) for each team. The difference in SRS tells you how many more goals better one team is than another. New additions since the October rankings, more recent games are weighted more than older games and Top 10 and Top 20 records.

Here are the Top 40 teams as of December 6th:12_06rankings.png

Top 40 Rankings through Thanksgiving. Over 1400 games in the spreadsheet and 161 CalSouth teams. The methodology uses a "best fit" algorithm that takes as input scores from all tournaments and league play to then come up with a "strength" number (SRS) for each team. The difference in SRS tells you how many more goals better one team is than another. New additions since the October rankings, more recent games are weighted more than older games and Top 10 and Top 20 records.

Here are the Top 40 teams as of December 6th:View attachment 446

Great table. Can you provide an expanded listing of all teams sampled?

Expanded to the full ~160 teams, added in the Coast League Cup results and corrected an error from Surf Thanksgiving (had the LAGSD/Surf quarterfinal game in the results twice)
12_07rankings.png

Would you have a 2009 ranking?

Would you have a 2009 ranking?

I do not (although maybe next year as my 2009 played up this year in 2008 and will be playing back with 2009 for 2017). One of the reason's I put it together this year so I could see the difference between my two daughter's 2008 teams (Top 10 vs. Top 80). I did send the spreadsheet template to a 2009 parent over the past month so maybe it is coming, I will send them a message.

That is awesome! Would you have the 2006 rankings?

Back