Calll iit like I see it

Gotta say that I was actually happy to hear some of the things Gov Newsome had to say. Killing off the train was smart. Saying that he wants a shorter version of it, Bakersfield to Merced, not so good. I get he doesn't want to send the money back to the Feds but wouldn't it be better spent on some other pressing issues? How about building more reservoirs or jails?
Very well said. The bullet train was a nice pipe dream. Trying to build a bullet train line is infinitely harder than building a wall (everyone knows this) because the length of the wall (which is undetermined), which also includes taking away people's land (but much more of it than a bullet train platform) and calling it an emergency; this will be held up in the courts forever, or until Trump is out of office and everyone gives up because it's a joke. The veterans who sit on street corners asking for $ will love the border wall idea and will not have any reason to be angry that a national emergency wasn't called to support veterans who need better care. Also, if we build a wall, there will be no more school shootings, according to some republican congressman. Thanks to Trump, calling for national emergencies will be the new political game. Get in office, don't negotiate, call an emergency. I really hope this doesn't happen...

Very well said. The bullet train was a nice pipe dream. Trying to build a bullet train line is infinitely harder than building a wall (everyone knows this) because the length of the wall (which is undetermined), which also includes taking away people's land (but much more of it than a bullet train platform) and calling it an emergency; this will be held up in the courts forever, or until Trump is out of office and everyone gives up because it's a joke. The veterans who sit on street corners asking for $ will love the border wall idea and will not have any reason to be angry that a national emergency wasn't called to support veterans who need better care. Also, if we build a wall, there will be no more school shootings, according to some republican congressman. Thanks to Trump, calling for national emergencies will be the new political game. Get in office, don't negotiate, call an emergency. I really hope this doesn't happen...
I actually agree with some of your post. Veteran's should have been taken care of a long time ago and ALL the previous administrations could have addressed this. The Wall... we do have a set length, our entire unsecured southern border. But the likelihood of that happening is unrealistic and choosing were to build it will be interesting.

The reason to keep the Bakersfield to Merced part is that that piece is well along in construction, and that money is already spent.

I actually agree with some of your post. Veteran's should have been taken care of a long time ago and ALL the previous administrations could have addressed this. The Wall... we do have a set length, our entire unsecured southern border. But the likelihood of that happening is unrealistic and choosing were to build it will be interesting.
*where

People are going to be laughing at you for the rest of your life.

Laughing at me? Perhaps so if they had followed my advice, so that the first link to be constructed would have been San Diego to LA (or at least San Diego to Ontario, where passengers could have transferred to existing MetroLink trains).

Bakersfield to Merced is the straightest, flattest stretch in the whole plan. The Supertrain will be able to set new speed records, and train-freak tourist round trip tickets will mean the thing will run at a profit (Californians actually needing to travel between those points will get a discount if they buy an Amtrak ticket or city transit pass at either end).
Coocoo

You have been falling down to 4nos level lately. And you used to argue so intelligently.

Sad.
Jussie "MAGA country" Smollett lost his race card, and he says an old guy on a bike in a Santa suit hit him with a sammich and rode away with it.
You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

Watch where Gavin Gruesome moves the money......

My prediction is straight to the Pension Fund so State Union employees don't
bum rush the State House........
Doubt it. Whether or not it turns a profit, this project will continue full span. If they turn a profit, that will justify more profits and go to its original goal. If it doesn't profit, politicians will say that they have to finish the original project so that they can turn a profit. But government isn't in the business of profiting. Profit is evil. Building massive debt through financial fraud is good intent despite horrible outcomes.

Back