Anaheim Surf 06 Disqualified from State Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter is on Anaheim Surf and I can assure you that none of the parents or the coaches had any information on this. I'm not sure who they THINK is an 05 player but I'm hoping it all gets cleared up ASAP so we can play on Saturday. Our girls have worked very hard for this and deserve to be where they are.

This simply is not true. The paperwork didn't create itself and the coach is ultimately responsible for ensuring his players are the correct age. Also much that is known is not being spoken about publicly. Trust me your season is over.

My daughter is on Anaheim Surf and I can assure you that none of the parents or the coaches had any information on this. I'm not sure who they THINK is an 05 player but I'm hoping it all gets cleared up ASAP so we can play on Saturday. Our girls have worked very hard for this and deserve to be where they are.
I really hate to break the news to yah, but CalSouth would NOT DQ a team in State cup on here say. There must be some pretty indisputable evidence supporting the allegation for CalSouth to have definitively taken this action.

I do feel bad for those who where not involved as they are paying the price. It sounds like you are one of the poor families who were fleeced.

This simply is not true. The paperwork didn't create itself and the coach is ultimately responsible for ensuring his players are the correct age. Also much that is known is not being spoken about publicly. Trust me your season is over.

I really don't understand how this could happen? Wouldn't someone have caught it before? Not fair for the other girls they are going to be devastated to hear this if it is true. What player on our team are they saying is too old?

That is interesting. What about when they got their player card? It's been a while but I remember having to dig up my daughter's birth certificate at some point.
The club founder had been recruiting this particular coach from Arsenal for a long time. It might have helped that the registrar is the club's founder wife? They should absolutely look into how all this got past everyone?

Guess we all now understand what it takes to achieve the #1 national ranking.

This is a funny post ....

Good luck

If this "rumor" has been out there for months, why does it take until after the Quarter-Finals of State Cup to come to light? Maybe the players that don't get to play this weekend after all can find comfort in all those tournament medals and trophies they won this season while playing with an illegal team. I'm sure there's lots of teams that got beat by them since May that are pissed.

It is not funny when you have to tell your 10 year old daughter that she is not playing this weekend because someone on her team cheated. Have some respect!

I'm sorry this offended you, and I know its a tough pill to swallow for you and your kid

and if you had no idea who had a illegal player on your team and a coach/manager who will do anything to win ..... welcome to the So Cal Soccer Forum, vent away

Definately depends on who knew what, but if I were San Diego Surf leadership, I may rethink the relationship, given it's not worth it for the brand to be connected to any wrongdoing.

If this "rumor" has been out there for months, why does it take until after the Quarter-Finals of State Cup to come to light? Maybe the players that don't get to play this weekend after all can find comfort in all those tournament medals and trophies they won this season while playing with an illegal team. I'm sure there's lots of teams that got beat by them since May that are pissed.

Rumors aren't enough to disqualify a team and I'm sure it takes time to go through all of it and be sure. To those involved I hope to never see you involved with Youth Sports again. To San Diego Surf I think you need to seriously question what people are doing with your good name.

When you're messing with more than one mother on the team maybe these little secrets come out and blow up in your face

How do you know this? Was it your wife he was messing with? You throwing out all these accusations/rumors, obviously you have some kind of grudge.

The club founder had been recruiting this particular coach from Arsenal for a long time. It might have helped that the registrar is the club's founder wife? They should absolutely look into how all this got past everyone?

Guess we all now understand what it takes to achieve the #1 national ranking.

This happens every year I recall to at least one club or team(s) we hear about on these forums.

You wonder how many other's get away with these types of shenanigans? Cal South knows there is fraud and does take action after the fact but they have kind of thrown in the towel somewhat about the prevention ( Orginal Birth Certs for example). Two forms of unique ID's (SSN for example) would help but that would cost more to enforce and crosscheck

In these situations, I've heard in the past the registrar, doc, coach, player(s), and parent(s)s go before the CS committee for potential future disciplinary actions.

864_banhammer.png

How do you know this? Was it your wife he was messing with? You throwing out all these accusations/rumors, obviously you have some kind of grudge.

The Mom stuff shouldn't be discussed not that it isn't fair to the coach because again there is literally too much smoke for their not to be fire, but because it's not cool to the parents on that team. With regards to just throwing out accusations/rumors all I can say is much more is known than what is being put on here.

Don't feel sorry for this team. They already got their back up plan and are going to Blues with Baker as the coach. Bad behavior rewarded yet again

Man, maybe he should have showed better sportsmanship and shook the other coaches hand last week. Karma

Don't feel sorry for this team. They already got their back up plan and are going to Blues with Baker as the coach. Bad behavior rewarded yet again
Well said and so true.....they will fit in well over there.....Going to live the "Lime Life" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back