Amir Shirazi vs Almaden Valley Soccer Club, Inc. et al

I am a father of two boys who participated and played in Almaden Valley Soccer. The soccer coaches are unprofessional and are generally hired from Europe and abroad. They are here on work visas. They take the families to Reno, Tahoe, other places for soccer games. The coaches hit on the wives. I personally know two woman who slept with one of the soccer coaches and one who was hit on. All these women ARE married. These men come here just looking for citizenship and a good time. They are destroying families. My wife had an affair with the soccer coach, he isn't even an American citizen. This affair destroyed my marriage and broke up my family. The soccer league knew all about it. It happened during trips and other "Soccer related" events. They did nothing about it. Owner of this league is named Tom Brough and the employee of Tom Brough is named coach Dan Neil. He was applauded by the staff of Almaden Valley soccer. This soccer league is a disgrace! Do NOT trust your wives or families with these men.

Amir Shirazi

Dan works for FC Bay Area and Almaden? Or different Dan? Almaden does surprisingly well for.a non MLS, non ECNL club, but the allegations are interesting.

Not sure if you are saying that he used to work for Almaden in 2020, or currently works for them. His teams are all the younger top teams at FC Bay Area, including the MLS and pre-MLS.

Do NOT trust your wives or families with these men.

Yikes bro. I'm 100% sorry to hear about what happened to your family. Some moms want little "Forest" to play, and some will do whatever it takes. It's not worth it at all, MOO. That accent and access coach has can play on mom's emotions big time. If a dad is involved, it's usually more about extra cash for extra play time. It's happened many times in SoCal. It's how PAY-FOR-PLAY got it's name.

I am a father of two boys who participated and played in Almaden Valley Soccer. The soccer coaches are unprofessional and are generally hired from Europe and abroad. They are here on work visas. They take the families to Reno, Tahoe, other places for soccer games. The coaches hit on the wives. I personally know two woman who slept with one of the soccer coaches and one who was hit on. All these women ARE married. These men come here just looking for citizenship and a good time. They are destroying families. My wife had an affair with the soccer coach, he isn't even an American citizen. This affair destroyed my marriage and broke up my family. The soccer league knew all about it. It happened during trips and other "Soccer related" events. They did nothing about it. Owner of this league is named Tom Brough and the employee of Tom Brough is named coach Dan Neil. He was applauded by the staff of Almaden Valley soccer. This soccer league is a disgrace! Do NOT trust your wives or families with these men.

Amir Shirazi

WOW...

Amir Shirazi

You should read "Desperate Soccer Moms". This kind of behavior, if true, is not atypical in club sports, and has a long tradition. You sleep with dogs, you are going to come up with flees.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, however, but alienation of affection IIRC is not actionable in California? So I don't really see the theory here. What's the theory? Breach of contract? One of the implied terms that coaches may not sleep with a consenting wife? Negligence? They owe a duty of care to prevent consenting adults from hooking up? Team owners now have to put monitors in the hallways to make sure adults (whether coaches or families) aren't having hookups on floors? Having a hard time seeing this, not to mention the stuff about people on work visas or citizenship is prejudicial. So now soccer teams and leagues are suppose to be responsible for making sure spouses are faithful and marriages don't break up?

That said, if this ever gets a champion in the press, and assuming it's 100% true, the press would have a field day with it. Kid's sports, adultery, coaches behaving badly, anti-immigrant sentiments....all the stuff the press loves.

I keep saying one of these days someone is going to advance a legal theory that's going to bring the entire stinky structure down, but I'm skeptical this is it.

You should read "Desperate Soccer Moms". This kind of behavior, if true, is not atypical in club sports, and has a long tradition. You sleep with dogs, you are going to come up with flees.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, however, but alienation of affection IIRC is not actionable in California? So I don't really see the theory here. What's the theory? Breach of contract? One of the implied terms that coaches may not sleep with a consenting wife? Negligence? They owe a duty of care to prevent consenting adults from hooking up? Team owners now have to put monitors in the hallways to make sure adults (whether coaches or families) aren't having hookups on floors? Having a hard time seeing this, not to mention the stuff about people on work visas or citizenship is prejudicial. So now soccer teams and leagues are suppose to be responsible for making sure spouses are faithful and marriages don't break up?

That said, if this ever gets a champion in the press, and assuming it's 100% true, the press would have a field day with it. Kid's sports, adultery, coaches behaving badly, anti-immigrant sentiments....all the stuff the press loves.

I keep saying one of these days someone is going to advance a legal theory that's going to bring the entire stinky structure down, but I'm skeptical this is it.
Well written Grace T. Watch out for Rabies too, just saying.

Is that what the actual lawsuit is about though? I did some quick google searching and it appears to have something to do with COVID. I'd also encourage googling the plantiff's name. Hard to sort out what is going on here.

It all sounds like a crappy situation all the way around. Sorry to hear about it, but posting your info, phone number, and personal situation on a soccer board would be better handled/shared on a couch somewhere with a professional and not with some of these lunatics on this board. Not trying to be mean, but it’s quite the over share. I would take the post down. Just my opinion.

Amir Shirazi

They'd stop hitting on wives if wives stopped letting them hit it.

Yes, definitely interesting allegations against a club. We have had a daughter in this club for a number of years and I am pretty outside the know of club happenings. Not sure Tom is the owner of the club and have always wished there were more women involved in the coaching, but that is all clubs. They have treated us with respect both at the NPL level and GA level, but again I am clueless about non soccer activities associated with my kid.

I also find it interesting when affairs occur it is thrown at the non-married person in the affair from the person being cheated upon. Never understood that. Takes 2 to Tango and if a person has the affair do you want to keep them around anyway?

It all sounds like a crappy situation all the way around. Sorry to hear about it, but posting your info, phone number, and personal situation on a soccer board would be better handled/shared on a couch somewhere with a professional and not with some of these lunatics on this board. Not trying to be mean, but it’s quite the over share. I would take the post down. Just my opinion.

I looked at the coaches... not an especially attractive bunch. Had to be a 'pay for play' gig.

Sometimes the accent and zip up collar is too much for mortal women.

I looked at the coaches... not an especially attractive bunch. Had to be a 'pay for play' gig.

Sometimes the accent and zip up collar is too much for mortal women.
The accent + access is pretty much all it takes for some moms. I knew two GK's back in the day that were neck and neck, and you could flip a coin to see who starts and you can't pick wrong either way. Both equally good. Anyway, one mom saw a way to guarantee her dd get the starting gig. Yup, she slept with Coach (who also happen to be the Doc) to get the upper hand in pre-season. It was a close competition, but her daughter won the starting spot. The other mom was way better looking but she was not going to take one for her dd so she could start. True story.....

Hi Amir, I’m sorry to hear about your situation. I can’t imagine how you must feel after what happened to your family. I hope you are doing okay and getting the support you need.

I am a father of a daughter who plays soccer at the highest level in the ECNL. She has faced injustice her whole life playing against sub par competition with sub par teammates and sub par coaching. She has always been passionate about the game and has worked hard to improve her skills and achieve her goals. She has never let anyone or anything stop her from pursuing her dreams.

She has played for several clubs in different states, but none of them have given her the opportunities or recognition she deserves. She has been overlooked, ignored, and discriminated against by many coaches, scouts, and organizations. She has been told that she is not big enough, not fast enough, not strong enough, or too smart for her own good to play at the highest level. She has been treated unfairly and unjustly by people who don’t care about her or her potential.

She has never given up or lost hope, though. She has always believed in herself and her abilities. She has always fought for her rights and her respect. She has always stood up for herself and her teammates. She has always shown courage and resilience in the face of adversity. She has always inspired me and others with her determination and spirit.

She is currently looking for a new club in Southern California that can offer her the best opportunities to develop her potential and showcase her talent. She is interested in joining a team that plays at a high level, has a positive and competitive environment, and has a good reputation and track record. She is open to any suggestions or recommendations from scouts, coaches, or other soccer experts.

If you know of any teams that might be a good fit for her, please let me know. I would appreciate your input and feedback on her journey. Thank you for your time and attention.

P.S. If you ever need someone to talk to or vent to, I’m here for you. You are not alone in this. You can reach me here. Take care of yourself.

Amir Shirazi

Unfortunately common. A few years ago people were saying it was happening in Palo Alto club. Even a director dating a mom and board members being aware of it and even helping hide it. One rumor was they were even helping with divorce lawyer fees.
Most of those foreign coaches come looking for an easy gig, charm some moms on sidelines and boards and work their way up to a big paycheck.
Sorry it happened to you-be aware, you hear an accent they're here working to stay and probably weren't good enough to coach back in their country or make money off us parents.

Unfortunately common. A few years ago people were saying it was happening in Palo Alto club. Even a director dating a mom and board members being aware of it and even helping hide it. One rumor was they were even helping with divorce lawyer fees.
Most of those foreign coaches come looking for an easy gig, charm some moms on sidelines and boards and work their way up to a big paycheck.
Sorry it happened to you-be aware, you hear an accent they're here working to stay and probably weren't good enough to coach back in their country or make money off us parents.
"Charm some moms" is a great catch phrase. I heard about one top Doc that came over here on a ship and all he had was accent and some charm. He worked his way through the ranks and got a good feel on what the parents in the States wanted and what some were willing to do to get what they wanted for their kids. This guy makes way over $200,000 a year, after all the "extras" are added up. His accent opened the doors, and his charm closed the deals. Little Forest and Little Susie can never go wrong, as long as their parents are willing to play, PAY-FOR-PLAY.

AFC (Almaden Futbol Club) is a great option to play soccer in the South Bay, including the Almaden Valley. Along with Los Gatos FC, AFC has become one of the two sizable clubs in the surrounding area. The club has some competitive teams at the 13U / 12U and younger levels, along with their recreational level.

Successful clubs usually have top first-level teams to help develop multiple sub-tiers in the same age groups. This inspires players to join and work hard with some expectation of making it to the top - eventually by 14U and above. And the parents are willing to support with the steep club academy fee for it. If a player is just playing for fun and is trying to stay active, there are many other local clubs at a much lower price point than AFC to experience.

With one of the most expensive club fees in the Bay, AFC would struggle to stay competitive at 14U and older, as they would lose their top-tier players to other clubs that provide better opportunities for college recruiting at their premier teams along the way. Another reason is that the club would find it difficult to attract and sign skilled individuals at their May tryouts due to their moderate season records and their regional rankings. This creates the ongoing cycle, where the club needs to not only keep but also include new pay-to-play players with the subpar skills to fill their first-level team rosters.

This results in diluted and less competitive teams in the regional and especially at the national level for their GA teams. This is also a key point, because it would not make sense to now spend the money and time to fly out to the tournaments and showcases when the teams cannot stay competitive for the player scouting.

All in all, AFC is a good option for players to stay active and experience soccer in the South Bay. However, if a player is getting older and is motivated with talent, you may need to move to other clubs in the Bay, such as MVLA, Bay Area Surf, Mustang FC, and so on, in a timely manner. These clubs have established their club brand in the recruiting circle. And they have figured out how to manage and guide their first-level teams and talented players to succeed to the next level. This is more evident if a player is aspiring to play college soccer down the road.

AFC (Almaden Futbol Club) is a great option to play soccer in the South Bay, including the Almaden Valley. Along with Los Gatos FC, AFC has become one of the two sizable clubs in the surrounding area. The club has some competitive teams at the 13U / 12U and younger levels, along with their recreational level.

Successful clubs usually have top first-level teams to help develop multiple sub-tiers in the same age groups. This inspires players to join and work hard with some expectation of making it to the top - eventually by 14U and above. And the parents are willing to support with the steep club academy fee for it. If a player is just playing for fun and is trying to stay active, there are many other local clubs at a much lower price point than AFC to experience.

With one of the most expensive club fees in the Bay, AFC would struggle to stay competitive at 14U and older, as they would lose their top-tier players to other clubs that provide better opportunities for college recruiting at their premier teams along the way. Another reason is that the club would find it difficult to attract and sign skilled individuals at their May tryouts due to their moderate season records and their regional rankings. This creates the ongoing cycle, where the club needs to not only keep but also include new pay-to-play players with the subpar skills to fill their first-level team rosters.

This results in diluted and less competitive teams in the regional and especially at the national level for their GA teams. This is also a key point, because it would not make sense to now spend the money and time to fly out to the tournaments and showcases when the teams cannot stay competitive for the player scouting.

All in all, AFC is a good option for players to stay active and experience soccer in the South Bay. However, if a player is getting older and is motivated with talent, you may need to move to other clubs in the Bay, such as MVLA, Bay Area Surf, Mustang FC, and so on, in a timely manner. These clubs have established their club brand in the recruiting circle. And they have figured out how to manage and guide their first-level teams and talented players to succeed to the next level. This is more evident if a player is aspiring to play college soccer down the road.
100% agree with this assessment as a parent from this club. It's not worth the investment if you have an ambitious player who wants to be challenged. We've been to enough clubs to understand that no club is perfect and there are always pros and cons. Personally, I find the culture at AFC to be pretentious so I wouldn't be surprised if this case wasn't handled properly. Truth be told, their coaches can do no wrong...go figure :rolleyes:

Back