2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

I’d always root for he little guy to win. I will be rooting for all conference champs outside of the power 5.

I’ll root for CAL vs. any power 5 conference team.

As it stands right now cal, Colorado, Oregon state and Utah are battling for the last two spots for the pac-12.

Oregon has to go .500 over their last 6 games, they are still winless in the Pac, so they're probably done.

Utah has to do the same but have a bit more favorable schedule with some home games in altitude but I would not bet on them.

I think Colorado is in.

Cal has is a long shot to make it. They have yet to win in October.

Fullerton's senior attack is formidable, and to think they finished dead last in the Big West in 2018. Atlanta Primus is a special talent, I'm a big fan of her game. It looks like the league will be between them and UCSB. Keep it going Outside!
Agree 100% on Ms. Primus, special indeed. UCSB was a formidable team when I watched them last year.

In 2018 five pac-12 teams made the tournament.
This year the pac-12 is really good but I don’t see more than 6 getting in if we believe in East coast bias.

In:
Stanford
USC
UCLA
WSU
Washington

Sixth spot: Arizona, Cal, OSU, Utah, colorad0
The team that has the best record against teams battling for this spot likely gets in.

The case for a 2nd WCC team comes down to whether a team like Pepperdine, Gonzaga or Santa Clara is better then the pac-12 teams discussed.

If BYU comes in second, 2 teams go to the tournament and maybe the sixth pac-12 spot is lost.

In 2018 five pac-12 teams made the tournament.
This year the pac-12 is really good but I don’t see more than 6 getting in if we believe in East coast bias.

In:
Stanford
USC
UCLA
WSU
Washington

Sixth spot: Arizona, Cal, OSU, Utah, colorad0
The team that has the best record against teams battling for this spot likely gets in.

The case for a 2nd WCC team comes down to whether a team like Pepperdine, Gonzaga or Santa Clara is better then the pac-12 teams discussed.

If BYU comes in second, 2 teams go to the tournament and maybe the sixth pac-12 spot is lost.
Last year Pac only had 5 because of bad RPI by bottom teams. At the moment, everyone still have good chance of getting in except for ASU. It doesn’t matter how you finish in your conference as long as you have healthy RPI/good results vs Top 60 RPI teams. If Oregon stays over .500, they will get in because it would mean they will have 3 wins over quality opponents. Now do I see them going 3-3 in the next 6 games? That I’m not sure.
Pac-12 should have 8 teams in at least.

Last year Pac only had 5 because of bad RPI by bottom teams. At the moment, everyone still have good chance of getting in except for ASU. It doesn’t matter how you finish in your conference as long as you have healthy RPI/good results vs Top 60 RPI teams. If Oregon stays over .500, they will get in because it would mean they will have 3 wins over quality opponents. Now do I see them going 3-3 in the next 6 games? That I’m not sure.
Pac-12 should have 8 teams in at least.
East coast bias will effectively guarantee that Pac-12 doesn’t get 8 teams in and WCC will be lucky to get 2 in.

BYU is in.

Pepperdine runs the table they should be in. That run would include two big wins vs. Santa Clara and Gonzaga.

Santa Clara runs the table, it’s not as impressive as Pepperdine’s but should be in and will, because they are Santa Clara.

Gonzaga runs the table they should be in but doesn’t have a history so I think they could be left out like USF was several years ago.

Pac-12

FRIDAY
USC at Cal
Arizona at Utah
Washington at Oregon State

SATURDAY
Arizona State at Colorado
UCLA at Stanford
7:00*
Washington State at Oregon

Last edited:
Latest coaches poll
#5 BYU
#20 Santa Clara
Gonzaga got some votes.

HUGE game for Pepperdine and Gonzaga . Probabaly bigger for the Gonzaga program then it is for Pepperdine. A Pepperdine loss and they are done. They barley escaped Loyola last week with a last minute strike.

Back