2016/2017 CSL premiere season

There should be some source of potable water at the facility. There was no water! As in, no water fountain, no working vending machine , nothing!

This is my first year in CSL in 25 years, I have to say it has been pretty disappointing. The fields have been poor, but worse of all has been the scheduling. I feel like I am in Sunday league all over again, I never know when I am going to get a call about a change in site or time. Frustrating for sure.

No problem. If it is anything like our game with a Santa Barbara yesterday it will be a fantastic match up. To bad it is on a small field. (Galway)

"You can't play in this league if you commit critical penalties! And if you do play people that commit penalties, you're not going to win"!
Jon Gruden

Tough for us (Brea). Coming a goal short vs the two best teams in the group was very frustrating. Santa Barbara is the best team we have played in a long time. They are fast, physical and really compete.

Fcgs Pda was good but I expected more considering they were in academy last year. Regardless they beat us on a last minute PK.

SB will be a handful for anyone playing them. I left the field very impressed.

SB lost today, really surprised as I honestly thought they would not lose another game for the rest of the season. Anyone at the game today that can provide feedback?

I am not that surprised, they are not that much better than everyone. We were ahead most of our game with them, ran out of gas late and gave up 2. They have those impact kids, but pretty ok after that.

thanks for the update. My son's team has been moved for all our games to date scheduled @ UCI . I have gotten use to not making a plan when I see UCI . Going to San Bernardino changes the whole day for us. Great Park fields are in good shape and they run north south so there is not that 4 PM blinding sun in the goal's face . We have only used the natural grass surface this season.

More site changes, game time changes. I am sorry, CSL is a joke. I used to complain about SCDSL because they took so long to get schedules out, but at least they then stick to them. Every week we seem to get an email with a change. So disappointing.

I am not a CSL apologist by any stretch but I will give them a pass on scheduling this year because of the Rams situation and that since they added so many teams because of age changes. Next year this schedule issue needs to be resolved and I suspect Gary will have it nailed down.

UCI when playable is great. Size and surface.

Back