2006G DA Clubs to play DPL Schedule in 2018-2019

I think the sooner US Soccer stop messing around and initiates all the age groups (U12 - U18) for the girl's DA (mimicking the boy's DA) the better and smoother things will become. Don't they already have a 2006 and 2007 pilot program running in the Mid-Atlantic and Texas regions this year?

I guess the 2006's, regardless if the play DA, ECNL, DPL, DA2, just have a confusing year ahead of them until they graduate to the DA next year.
If you want them to mimic the boys shouldn't DA be awarded to top teams, not clubs?

I think the sooner US Soccer stop messing around and initiates all the age groups (U12 - U18) for the girl's DA (mimicking the boy's DA) the better and smoother things will become. Don't they already have a 2006 and 2007 pilot program running in the Mid-Atlantic and Texas regions this year?

I guess the 2006's, regardless if the play DA, ECNL, DPL, DA2, just have a confusing year ahead of them until they graduate to the DA next year.

I don’t think the landscape is that confusing this year. To me it’s stay on your current team because your kid is happy, developing and you like the coach, find a new coach and club if you’re not, or perhaps play up on DA 2005 if that’s a fit for your daughter. The fall league is 10-12 games and as long as they are competitive games it can be called whatever you like. I do see some utility in bringing together tops teams across whatever acronyms are out there. But then again isn’t that what CRL is supposed to be?

I don’t think the landscape is that confusing this year. To me it’s stay on your current team because your kid is happy, developing and you like the coach, find a new coach and club if you’re not, or perhaps play up on DA 2005 if that’s a fit for your daughter. The fall league is 10-12 games and as long as they are competitive games it can be called whatever you like. I do see some utility in bringing together tops teams across whatever acronyms are out there. But then again isn’t that what CRL is supposed to be?
Darn you for making it sound so simple. :D

I guess it's similar to older ages now with Cal South tournaments (CRL and National Cup) being in the shadow of ECNL and DA (well not DA at the 2006 age).

ECNL is a longer league than a typical fall league holding its own playoffs and Nationals and those teams most likely not competing in Cal South tournaments. On the plus side, CRL and National Cup will certainly be a lot easier to win without the likes of Surf, Slammers and Blues.

I guess it's similar to older ages now with Cal South tournaments (CRL and National Cup) being in the shadow of ECNL and DA (well not DA at the 2006 age).

ECNL is a longer league than a typical fall league holding its own playoffs and Nationals and those teams most likely not competing in Cal South tournaments. On the plus side, CRL and National Cup will certainly be a lot easier to win without the likes of Surf, Slammers and Blues.
Ecnl still competes in State Cup. Just ask 04 Slammers and 04 West Coast. They each had half a dozen ecnl players on their Presidents Cup roster.

Borrowed. Since ecnl players aren’t “cup tied” it is within the rules.
With West Coast- some of players were rostered during the fall on the flight 1 team and in the ecnl team. Not sure which ecnl players joined for state cup. It was 5 or 6 out of about 16 during the 1st round.

With Slammers- I heard they split the ecnl team between Presidents and National Cup. I do know for sure that at least 4 played on the Presidents Cup team that won the whole thing.

Borrowed. Since ecnl players aren’t “cup tied” it is within the rules.
With West Coast- some of players were rostered during the fall on the flight 1 team and in the ecnl team. Not sure which ecnl players joined for state cup. It was 5 or 6 out of about 16 during the 1st round.

With Slammers- I heard they split the ecnl team between Presidents and National Cup. I do know for sure that at least 4 played on the Presidents Cup team that won the whole thing.

Interesting. So technically an 06 ECNL team could compete and hypothetically win the US Youth Soccer Nationals and ECNL Nationals?! Who’s going to be the crazy coach that makes their 11 yr old players play 100+ games to acahive that?

What I understand is the G2006 Teams in DA clubs in So Cal will play in the DPL as pure 2006 Teams, not as G2005 DPL. From what I have also been told is it is the G2006 “A” or “First” Teams on the DA Clubs directed to play in the DPL, playing against each other in preparation for DA the following year. These teams would not play SCDSL or Coast, “B” or “Second” teams would play the circuit they typically play.

I don’t trust anything until it happens, just what I have been told. Youth Club Soccer is like a Soap Opera in SoCal. Just what I have been told, and looking to verify.

Good to know about the sub rules. I thought the DPL followed the same rules as DA, Sub’s, Practice Schedule, etc., that sounds better to me. Thank you for the info.
Just had confirmation from our coach the 06's will play DPL.

At the moment, there are 3 clubs that have ECNL and also participated in DPL: Blues, OC Surf (West Coast) and SD Surf. Will the top team for these three play in DPL or ECNL? For Blues, their site lists Blues Holley under ECNL. DPL also has SCdelSol, so will there be travel to AZ to play 1 game for 1/2 the teams?

Summary:
-DPL sub rule in play
-Play DA clubs
-Don't know what teams the ECNL/DA clubs will have competing in DPL
-DPL could mimic CRL in hosting strong competition week in and week out
-(New) Arizona may add a second club to DPL
-(New) Season could be split into two halves from September-November, then January-March
-(Not mentioned) Games will be filmed
-(Not mentioned) Trainers are required; still trying to clarify this.

Did I miss anything? :confused:

Summary:
-DPL sub rule in play
-Play DA clubs
-Don't know what teams the ECNL/DA clubs will have competing in DPL
-DPL could mimic CRL in hosting strong competition week in and week out
-(New) Arizona may add a second club to DPL
-(New) Season could be split into two halves from September-November, then January-March
-(Not mentioned) Games will be filmed
-(Not mentioned) Trainers are required; still trying to clarify this.

Did I miss anything? :confused:
If DPL season spills over to January-March do we anticipate it affects the teams who were autobids fro CRL? Have you heard word if you guys are still good to go for CRL?

If DPL season spills over to January-March do we anticipate it affects the teams who were autobids fro CRL? Have you heard word if you guys are still good to go for CRL?
This did come up in conversation. It could affect the DPL schedule but those already qualifying will still more than likely play CRL.

Is this the right way to think about where the top 2006 teams from last year (according to youth soccer rankings) will be playing this year. And the ECNL teams won't play National Cup either, right?

DPL

Legends A (and CRL)
LA Galaxy SB A (and CRL)
Albion SC A (and CRL)
Beach FC Perez (and CRL)
Real So Cal (and CRL)
OC Surf A (and CRL)

ECNL
San Diego Surf A
SoCal Blues A
Slammers A

CSL
CCU So Cal Academy (and CRL)

SCDSL (??)
San Diego Surf B
Strikers North (assume not ECNL since they did CRL play-in)
Legends South (no CRL?)

Still Around(??)
Anaheim Surf
CDA Slammers Salazar

Is this the right way to think about where the top 2006 teams from last year (according to youth soccer rankings) will be playing this year. And the ECNL teams won't play National Cup either, right?

DPL

Legends A (and CRL)
LA Galaxy SB A (and CRL)
Albion SC A (and CRL)
Beach FC Perez (and CRL)
Real So Cal (and CRL)
OC Surf A (and CRL)

ECNL
San Diego Surf A
SoCal Blues A
Slammers A
DPL Website shows Albion, Beach, Eagles, SC Del Sol, Galaxy, Galaxy SD, LA Premier, Legends, OC Surf, Pats, RSC, Blues, and SD Surf as all participants in DPL in general. There's a link posted for 2006 age group that isn't active yet, time will tell what the 06 DPL age group looks like.

DPL Website shows Albion, Beach, Eagles, SC Del Sol, Galaxy, Galaxy SD, LA Premier, Legends, OC Surf, Pats, RSC, Blues, and SD Surf as all participants in DPL in general. There's a link posted for 2006 age group that isn't active yet, time will tell what the 06 DPL age group looks like.
I was told a few weeks ago that sd surf, blues and slammers were doing ecnl for 2006 age group. Looks like dpl and crl might be the places to be for the best competition though.

I was told a few weeks ago that sd surf, blues and slammers were doing ecnl for 2006 age group. Looks like dpl and crl might be the places to be for the best competition though.
I agree especially at this age group. Where will the competition come from for Surf, Slammers, and Blues?

Back