17-18' Academy tryouts or Training Sessions

Typically, how long do the try outs last ? Once you are invited back.

LA United Football Academy (LAUFA):
Boys 2007/2006 (U11/12) USSDA 17'-18 Season

Open tryouts
Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30pm
RFK High School
701 S Catalina St
Los Angeles, CA 90005
For more information call (818) 634-1909

Register at:
http://www.launitedfutbolacademy.com/try-outs

1b861f_116f0698c1c24ba2880cdef304e3a667~mv2.png

LAFC is hosting the LAFC academy invitational Tournament (2004-2008/9) this weekend at the Bell Garden Sports Complex at the John Anson Ford Park

This is a outreach program with about 50 teams participating for kids that are not in affiliated leagues, clubs, or the current pay to play system, play in the tourneys or have a way to get noticed. Playoffs are later today. All the coaches will be attending if you want to say hi

There are tentative plans to have a prep academy 08/09 team that won't be in ussda league but will prepare players for that possibility in later years.

For the 2018-19 season not this next one in 2017-18 LAFC has plans to promote to full academy status with teams in every age group for the ussda league,

Beautiful facility. About 35 04s and 35 05s. Warm ups, passing drills, one-ones, two-twos and small sided games. They will invite some players back for next round. I assume (guessing) it will be fewer than 10 per age group and I assume (guessing) it will be to practice with existing academy kids in the two age groups.

A mix of kids. Plenty of very talented but also a handful or two of clunkers. Galaxy South Bay heavily represented which I assume (guessing) is related to their affiliation.

Son and I had interesting conversation on way home about quality of DA v. ODP. While the tryouts was not DA - just kids trying out, it got us thinking that while DA certainly attracts a high percentage of the 'best' kids, Galaxy for example is only drawing from a region within an hour drive or so from StubHub, while ODP accesses kids from south of San Diego to north of Santa Barbara to east of San Bernardino. We came to the conclusion that it would be an interesting match up.

If anyone is interested. LA GalaxyB04 vs LAUFA B04 this coming Saturday at the stubhub.

LA Galaxy lost to LAUFA a few weekends ago so I'm sure they will be ready for a game this weekend.
It would kinda give you an Idea what the level of game your son / daughter needs to get into USSDA.

If anyone is interested. LA GalaxyB04 vs LAUFA B04 this coming Saturday at the stubhub.

LA Galaxy lost to LAUFA a few weekends ago so I'm sure they will be ready for a game this weekend.
It would kinda give you an Idea what the level of game your son / daughter needs to get into USSDA.

Time?

Regarding "tryouts" my understanding is many teams already have full rosters due to academy kids switching teams. Not sure how that works due to the release clause...but albion lost 7 starters to surf apparently at 03 and then albion pulled nomads kids over to fill roster. So how much of this open trainings is happening and how much is it lip service and rosters are already set for next season?

There are more 05 spots available at LAG. Very few 04 spots, they already have a couple of selected players from LAGSB and LAFC that have been practicing with the 04 squad for some time. If you are a goalie or 05 looks like you have a better chance.
The 04's are going to 11v11 in the Fall from what I've been hearing they are looking for some heavy hitting midfielders as the current squad is not that aggressive.

Good Luck to All !!! It's a stressful journey.

There are more 05 spots available at LAG. Very few 04 spots, they already have a couple of selected players from LAGSB and LAFC that have been practicing with the 04 squad for some time. If you are a goalie or 05 looks like you have a better chance.
The 04's are going to 11v11 in the Fall from what I've been hearing they are looking for some heavy hitting midfielders as the current squad is not that aggressive.

So far LAUFA has managed to stay together, as they are heavy on the mid and defensive. They have at least 5 with some talent.

LAFC is hosting the LAFC academy invitational Tournament (2004-2008/9) this weekend at the Bell Garden Sports Complex at the John Anson Ford Park

This is a outreach program with about 50 teams participating for kids that are not in affiliated leagues, clubs, or the current pay to play system, play in the tourneys or have a way to get noticed. Playoffs are later today. All the coaches will be attending if you want to say hi

There are tentative plans to have a prep academy 08/09 team that won't be in ussda league but will prepare players for that possibility in later years.

For the 2018-19 season not this next one in 2017-18 LAFC has plans to promote to full academy status with teams in every age group for the ussda league,

Chicharito to LAFC ? Rumor has it Chivas will bid to get him and vela in their roster..

Chicharito to LAFC ? Rumor has it Chivas will bid to get him and vela in their roster..

He has several clubs bidding for his services. The proposed deal with MLS is double digit millions per year which will be the the biggest MLS contract by far to date on a per year basis.

Makes sense as the coaches were primarily watching the 05 group.

You didn't see the 3 or 4 coaches with clipboards walking from group to group of 2005s the entire 90 minutes? Not sure how you could miss it if you were watching the 05s. I have no idea what their level of focus was.

Back