05s - Games of the Week

One of the most popular threads on the forums before they went down was the "Games of the Week". It was primarily a place holder for the league games come fall season, but it was also a great placeholder for the scrimmages / friendlies / tournaments that didn't get their own dedicated thread.

So let's use this thread to hype up league for SCDSL, CSL, SDDA, Presidio, etc.

Post anticipated games of the week a couple days beforehand, and post scores / observations during and after the games!

Friendly - Saturday 7/30

Strikers OC 2-0 I.E. Surf

Game was played at Lake Forest Sports Complex, Strikers was locked in to what style of game they wanted to play. They got a beautiful rainbow shot over the keeper from just outside the 18 for the 1-0 lead in the first half.

2nd half Strikers got another off an own goal when a ball was crossed in. Unfortunately deflection off a header.

Scoreline didn't go our girls way, but I thought our girls played some of the best soccer in this early season.

Friendly - Saturday 7/30

Strikers OC 2-0 I.E. Surf

Game was played at Lake Forest Sports Complex, Strikers was locked in to what style of game they wanted to play. They got a beautiful rainbow shot over the keeper from just outside the 18 for the 1-0 lead in the first half.

2nd half Strikers got another off an own goal when a ball was crossed in. Unfortunately deflection off a header.

Scoreline didn't go our girls way, but I thought our girls played some of the best soccer in this early season.
Your squad plays a great brand of soccer. Always enjoying watching your team play!

Some interesting results there. Good to see the Arsenal SD team get the win at Attack. They seem to have had a pretty tough summer so the win probably gives them a nice confidence boost going into the fall. Also surprised to see Surf's 3rd team take out West Coast to win SC Surf tournament. They must have made some adjustments after they got rag-dolled at Surf Cup.

Some interesting results there. Good to see the Arsenal SD team get the win at Attack. They seem to have had a pretty tough summer so the win probably gives them a nice confidence boost going into the fall. Also surprised to see Surf's 3rd team take out West Coast to win SC Surf tournament. They must have made some adjustments after they got rag-dolled at Surf Cup.
Sped not sure what team you are talking about the 05 team that lost at surf, lost to Surf 2 in the quarters in pk`s (7-6). That team played in CRL this weekend. I think you might have the wrong Surf team, not sure.

Sped not sure what team you are talking about the 05 team that lost at surf, lost to Surf 2 in the quarters in pk`s (7-6). That team played in CRL this weekend. I think you might have the wrong Surf team, not sure.
If I recall, Surf's 3rd team played at Surf Cup too and got man-handled. From the looks of it, they won SC Surf this weekend over West Coast.

Blues Draluck 2-2 Legends FC
It was a hard fought and at times physical game. In the first half both teams had opportunities to score with Blues having more of them. Blues scored the first goal from the left side after getting around our defender some 10-15' away. It was a nice shot. We got the equalizer 5 min later before the 1st half ended on a ball that seemed to stay suspended in the air for a minute... In the second have, Blues turned it up a notch being more aggressive. Their attacking mid made some nice moves around two of our girls and finally got one to go in on a nice shot about 20 feet away. She really worked for it. Again 5-10 min later our Legends girls met their intensity and got the equalizer from the right side...it was a nice shot. I have to say that Blues still controlled the ball more and had more opportunities to score but our girls have narrowed the gap on them. I am proud of how hard they worked to meet their intensity.

Good game between Irvine Slammers vs. Newport Slammers yesterday. Both teams a little sloppy early but Irvine pulled away winning 3-0. Newport is raw, has some players but just hasn't gelled. Irvine is finally coming together last few tournaments and now league. It's going to be a battle every weekend in this league. Good luck to everyone!.

Just the lowly Bronze league in CSL, but still the first club league game for my daughter, and I had to miss it. :( Of course I heard from the other parents that my daughter played her best game of the year and was the main reason we tied (plays keeper). Milan vs Apple Valley, after losing 3-1 and 4-0 in a tourney, the Milan girls tied Apple Valley 1-1. Very excited for them. And thanks to all the parents that cheered her on.

CSL Opening Weekend Recap

Silver Elite South
Saturday, 9/10

• IE Surf West 2-1 OC Premier
  • IE Surf 0-1 FRAM
  • SoCal Academy 1-2 Eagles
  • Galaxy - SD 3-0 LA Premier
Sunday, 9/11
  • Galaxy - SD 3-0 BYSC
  • TFA 1-2 Crown City United

Silver North
Saturday, 9/10
  • South Valley 1-1 Team USA
  • Oxnard United 0-3 Santa Monica
Sunday, 9/11
  • Santa Barbara 0-5 Santa Monica

Silver South
Saturday, 9/10

• IE Surf Park 1-0 Palm Desert
  • Albion - OC White 3 -1 IE Surf Battista
  • YASC Spartans 3-1 FC Golden State PDA
  • Rangers White 4-0 Canyon FC

Legend FC 2-0 West Coast
Watched two Legends games this past weekend at Jurupa. Legends FC Corona and Legends FC 05 Gold out of Chino. Both Flight 2 teams. Easily outclassed their opponents. Fun to watch when you aren't worried how your kid is doing. The FC 05 Gold team has a really strong forward on the right side, fast, strong, and skilled. Gets to the corner and makes some great passes to the middle. They have a new keeper that was a defender, but didn't have to make any saves. The Arsenal team they played should be Flight 3, way over matched in this game(sorry Arsenal parents).

Our Milan club lost to a Riverside FC team just before those games, 4-0 (two break aways, penalty shot, and Free kick just outside the 18) and I must say the Riverside FC team is the best one I've personally watched, but then again haven't watched any Flight 1 or gold teams yet, I'll get there. Riverside FC was Jurupa FC, an Extra team that played a lot of club tourneys and transferred the whole team to club. I've seen them play a few times, they won the Riverside MGFM classic in the summer, beating IE Surf Park and Team USA, two silver teams this year. They added a dynamic left forward since then. I think they would beat both Legends teams that I watched this past weekend. Don't see our team beating them this year. Their two forwards go about 5-6 and I'd guess about 130 lbs, plus have speed and skill to match, and a center mid with great quickness and ball skills. They are a bronze team that could easily be a good silver team this year.

The fields at Jurupa were really nice. A bit hot, but not as hard as some artificial turf fields.

Back