Zuckerburg vs Senate.....This is Rotten to the core ! Was ok for Democrats, but NOT for Republicans

How's that any different for the Koch Brothers funding the tea party? American's, and privately owned American companies are allowed to support political causes.

Russian government operatives however are not-
This issue was brought to light with Cambridge Analytica because the beneficiary was the Trump campaign.
Information was purchased and used to campaign for a candidate.
Facebook gave information directly to the Obama campaign.

Do you see any lightbulbs?

Dalk9R8VwAAHP37.jpg

This issue was brought to light with Cambridge Analytica because the beneficiary was the Trump campaign.
Information was purchased and used to campaign for a candidate.
Facebook gave information directly to the Obama campaign.

Do you see any lightbulbs?

Cambridge Analytica got gullible people to give them their information for free, and then sold the information. So yes I guess that makes Facebook dangerous if people are naive about how their data is used. But that sort of brings me back to my point of watching congressmen asking how one turns on a computer seemed far more dangerous...

Cambridge Analytica got gullible people to give them their information for free, and then sold the information. So yes I guess that makes Facebook dangerous if people are naive about how their data is used. But that sort of brings me back to my point of watching congressmen asking how one turns on a computer seemed far more dangerous...
Why?

Because it's congress's job to write the laws that will police the internet. If the guys in charge don't understand much beyond email... then I don't see how they can be trusted to write the laws that everyone agrees are needed to police this new thing called the internet.

Because it's congress's job to write the laws that will police the internet and prevent people from being cheated. If the guys in charge don't understand much beyond email... then I don't see how they can be trusted to write the laws that everyone agrees are needed to police this new thing called the internet.
Do you think those congressmen actually write the laws?

Do you think those congressmen actually write the laws?
Good point. Industry leaders and lobbyists write so many of the laws designed to regulate their own industry. Oil company reps, big pharma reps, insurance reps...so probably big tech reps. Especially bad when you allow the rampant lobbying and don't curb it. I think Republicans call it "free speech."

Good point. Industry leaders and lobbyists write so many of the laws designed to regulate their own industry. Oil company reps, big pharma reps, insurance reps...so probably big tech reps. Especially bad when you allow the rampant lobbying and don't curb it. I think Republicans call it "free speech."
The swamp is bipartisan.

Lets just say, they have helpers.
Some helpers write, and other helpers tell them what to write.
Other helpers donate money to "guide" them toward the right, write.
The idiots on tv are just there so you can believe in them.

Helpers? Like those Putin Oligarch's who we just found out have been giving money to the NRA even though they aren't American and don't live in America. Would you consider them helpers Ricky?

Helpers? Like those Putin Oligarch's who we just found out have been giving money to the NRA even though they aren't American and don't live in America. Would you consider them helpers Ricky?
They are helpers.
Along with some much bigger helpers on both sides of the aisle.
Dont forget the Chi-coms and big "government" labor.

They are helpers.
Along with some much bigger helpers on both sides of the aisle.
Dont forget the Chi-coms and big "government" labor.

Chi-coms? Ricky you know I don't read the nutter news. So if you speak in their lingo I'll have no idea what you're saying...
As to labor having a say in government... what's your problem with them?

Back