YouthSoccer Rankings Back Online

There is a U11 Flight 2 team ranked very very high that obliterates every team they've played. I haven't seen them play yet, but I just have a hard time believing that at this point in the year they're better than the above-average flight 1 teams I've seen play twice.
Come watch us play this weekend :)

So how long do the scores from each game stay on the team's ranking site? GS deletes after a year or the next tournament - does YSR do the same?
If my memory serves me correctly, it is 18 months. While that seems like a long time, it isn't when you consider the statistical methodology used for YS. With GS, you can play in a flight 2 tournament against low ranked teams, get awarded an insane amount of points and coast for an entire year. It is a reward only system. That team can literally lose every game after that for an entire year and maintain their ranking. YS adjusts up and down every single game while GS ignores losses. GS is deeply flawed but until tournaments quit letting them hold them hostage, their monopoly will continue.

Why would we want to watch your team's bad soccer when there is plenty of our own team's bad soccer we can watch instead?
I was speaking to BeepBeepBoop who was commenting on the team. Sorry you have bad soccer to watch. We don't have that issue.

These "accurate" rankings still do not include the first SCDSL showcase games. Is it that hard to get those results? Apparently @TangoCity has them!

Do you have the link to the first showcase games? I can't find them on the SCDSL website anymore. Maybe that's why they aren't in here. Maybe someone can email him the link and he can get them added for all age groups.

These "accurate" rankings still do not include the first SCDSL showcase games. Is it that hard to get those results? Apparently @TangoCity has them!

Seriously? Right on the website it asks for users to link missing game statistics, teams that aren't linked, etc. Simple form to fill out and within a day or two things are adjusted. From previous email exchanges its just one guy doing the entire country.

Seriously? Right on the website it asks for users to link missing game statistics, teams that aren't linked, etc. Simple form to fill out and within a day or two things are adjusted. From previous email exchanges its just one guy doing the entire country.
The problem is that the scores from the first showcase are no longer accessible. Here's the general link to the site...http://www.scdslsoccer.com/schedule/2016ShowcaseSchedule/index_E.html . I have already sent an email to the site administrator for SCDSL but never got a response as to where the first showcase game results went to.

The problem is that the scores from the first showcase are no longer accessible. Here's the general link to the site...http://www.scdslsoccer.com/schedule/2016ShowcaseSchedule/index_E.html . I have already sent an email to the site administrator for SCDSL but never got a response as to where the first showcase game results went to.

That will be a problem then. If there is nothing to link to, those results won't show up in the system. When I've linked teams to tournaments (Nomad's, November Nights, what have you) they show up quickly. I'm not sure what you can do when the links don't exist anymore.

I found a link to the first G05 showcase in the G05 thread. It's the same exact URL as the 2nd showcase. Such a bummer considering the more data points available, the more accurate the rankings.

I have all the SCSDL Showcase scores for G04 and G05. If anyone needs a copy send me a PM with an address to email it to.

Of course some of the scores were not reported by team managers.

I have all the SCSDL Showcase scores for G04 and G05. If anyone needs a copy send me a PM with an address to email it to.

Of course some of the scores were not reported by team managers.
Tango, which brings up another tangent. Why is it so difficult for managers to report game scores. It only take a minute to log in and record the score. Trust me I have seen it done and my 5 year old could do it. There are still unreported scores from the 2005's SCDSL Fall and SCDSL Fall Showcase...Incredible.

Back