Youth soccer tragedy yesterday

SFCN

BRONZE
Hello Strikers Family,

It's with a heavy heart that I bring this very sad news to you. This isn't something that I thought I'd ever have to write, especially from within our club. Felipe De La Cruz from Strikers FC North B04 Mike Ornelas and Ron Esparza has tragically passed away earlier this afternoon.

The boys 04 were enjoying their opening game in the CDA Slammers Players Cup this morning, when tragically Felipe became unconscious. He was rushed to hospital in Huntington Beach, but sadly passed away.

The Boys 04 team want to play their tournament game tomorrow in memory of Felipe. Kick off will be at 10:40am at Westminster High School Stadium Field.

Please pass on this message. We would like as many people as possible present at tomorrow's game, to show our support for Felipe, his team and his family. Please show your support by wearing Strikers colors and uniforms.

Thanks,

Rob Fisher
Strikers FC North
Executive Director of Coaching

There will be details on how the soccer community can help this devastated family. The response around the soccer fields in Southern California today has been amazing.

Thank you

Back