Youth Soccer Rankings

In the 04 age group, Rebels got approximately 300 more points for winning the united cup against flight 2 teams than surf got for being a semi-finalist at surf cup in the DA bracket. This is just one example. Got soccer is a joke.
Not a good example, because everyone knows that DA teams can only participate in handful of tournaments so the points don't reflect meaningful values. You can only compare DA teams to each other and not to the age group as a whole. For that just use USSDA standings. It would be a better comparison to see what was awarded in Surf Cup Black (or White, depending on age and gender) bracket than DA bracket.

United Cup does have higher points and its by design (read that however you want). Higher points attracts more teams, which leads to more revenue for the club. No secret. Just a simple math.

Regardless if one wins versus flight 2/Silver Elite team, points are based on the bracket and not the team you play against.

As "number ten" stated, what happened there is common. few years ago, our older kid's team won a local tournament in flight 1 and got zero points. At the same time, some of the points expired and the net result was losing several spots in ranking.

While Mark's ranking maybe better reflecting how team is ranked, its not used for anything other than by parents to kibitz like we're doing. I don't know of a single tournament that uses YSR for acceptance or placement.

Last year youth soccer rankings recorded results from SCDSL and CSL . This year the results from league play have not been reflected in the rankings .

Anyone know why ?

United Cup does have higher points and its by design (read that however you want). Higher points attracts more teams, which leads to more revenue for the club. No secret. Just a simple math.

This is one of the reasons GOT Soccer is a joke in terms of rankings (excellent Tournament Software) but by no means gives an accurate picture of the quality of a team. Especially with the growth of TGS as a software (which has got to be the worst Tournment software).

They post after the season completes.
No. Not the case.

They used to update daily, including all CSL and SCDSL games.

They haven't yet this year. Something is going on either with the team or the algorithm.

I am hopeful it will be for the best and we will be back to having very current updates soon.

No. Not the case.

They haven't yet this year. Something is going on either with the team or the algorithm.

I am hopeful it will be for the best and we will be back to having very current updates soon.
I looked at a fall league in another part of the country and all their games are added, but I also noticed that league uses the Gotsoccer software. Maybe youthsoccerrankings is only adding games as Gotsoccer is updated.

I looked at a fall league in another part of the country and all their games are added, but I also noticed that league uses the Gotsoccer software. Maybe youthsoccerrankings is only adding games as Gotsoccer is updated.

I doubt Got Soccer will add the games before the season ends for leagues that aren't using their software.

Presidio and SDDA are updating in Youth Soccer Rankings (YSR) as the season progresses. Presidio uses Affinity, which is the same as State/National cup.

YSR must be having problems syncing with Coast and SCDSL. I suspect YSR doesn't have an automatic way to pull SportsEngine standings, at least to post the results.

If you look at the bottom of a team's YSR page, you'll see where the data came from.

By the way, I was able to merge 2 team pages into 1 using the automated error correction system. At some point, YSR had split all my daughter's team's Got Soccer games onto a separate team from all of their other games.

YSR must be having problems syncing with Coast and SCDSL. I suspect YSR doesn't have an automatic way to pull SportsEngine standings, at least to post the results.

I think YSR has developed custom crawlers to pull most of this data. They clearly pull from league sites that don't have APIs that would support doing this the right way. I was very surprised when I saw they were pulling from an Oxnard Spring League this past year.

Unless this is one of those times where the admin is bogged down and wants to walk away, I'm pretty confident that they'll get this worked as both leagues are pretty important metric-wise.

I think YSR has developed custom crawlers to pull most of this data. They clearly pull from league sites that don't have APIs that would support doing this the right way. I was very surprised when I saw they were pulling from an Oxnard Spring League this past year.

Unless this is one of those times where the admin is bogged down and wants to walk away, I'm pretty confident that they'll get this worked as both leagues are pretty important metric-wise.

If you look at YSR National rankings for all age groups both girls and boys , its clear that Cal South is one of the more dominate regions in the nation.
In prior years YSR has pulled the results from SCDSL and CSL games several days after the games were played . Evidently there were no technical problems.
This year September is almost over and no games from these leagues have been recorded . Basicly Cal South results for rankings are frozen.

Interestingly , Presideo and Cal North league games are being recorded . It just seems peculiar that both of the top leagues in Cal South are not being updated for league games.

Anyone have any comments or insights ?

There are obviously issues behind the scenes. I know of teams that have submitted their gaming results to YSR (in Presidio/SDDA) and those are not being updated. I wish the owners would reach out here, as I know many who would contribute with skills and money to help the site.

To that point, does anyone know who built/runs the website? At this point it appears to be on autopilot and errors are not being corrected, with the exception of the ones that can be manually fixed.

To that point, does anyone know who built/runs the website? At this point it appears to be on autopilot and errors are not being corrected, with the exception of the ones that can be manually fixed.

IIRC, it's privately owned and operated by a guy named Ryan Sherry. He's walked away from it a couple times, due to the time constraints (it's a volunteer thing) and come back. If it isn't pulling the right leagues, it's pretty much useless. Until he gets Coast and SCDSL plugged in, the metrics are wrong and it's not worth looking at.

Many pay attention to these rankings. This recent Beach FC feature even lists the national YSR rankings of all the opponents one of their teams had vanquished at Surf (as if winning the highest bracket in Surf wasn't noteworthy enough): https://beachfutbolclub.com/perez05surf/ Hope he gets Coast and SCDSL plugged in soon!

There are obviously issues behind the scenes. I know of teams that have submitted their gaming results to YSR (in Presidio/SDDA) and those are not being updated. I wish the owners would reach out here, as I know many who would contribute with skills and money to help the site.
I wish they would put a pay pal button up, or a link to a go fund me page with a minimum goal to keep the site up to date.

No. Not the case.

I emailed Ryan Sherry and asked him about the SCSDL & CSL scores not updating. His reply, "We have several issues with the loaders that we are working on fixing. It may take us a little while but Mark should have them fixed soon and then this should be resolved. Thank you for your feedback!"

I emailed Ryan Sherry and asked him about the SCSDL & CSL scores not updating. His reply, "We have several issues with the loaders that we are working on fixing. It may take us a little while but Mark should have them fixed soon and then this should be resolved. Thank you for your feedback!"

I shot them an email a couple weeks ago regarding a tournament that didn't get show up. I received the following today:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

We discovered an issue that is preventing total global sport competitions from being picked up. We hope to have this fixed soon.

I will let you know as soon as it is fixed.

Thank you

Sounds consistent with what you heard.

I shot them an email a couple weeks ago regarding a tournament that didn't get show up. I received the following today:
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

We discovered an issue that is preventing total global sport competitions from being picked up. We hope to have this fixed soon.

I will let you know as soon as it is fixed.

Thank you
Their problem picking up total global sports competitions seems to have been solved! Results from ECNL and other TGS competitions (like Players Cup) now up too.

Back