Youth Soccer Rankings

Love that site. Curious if tournament directors use it as s tool to slot teams into the various brackets?

I don't know any tournament directors, but anecdotally last season's G2006 State Cup the top ranked teams at the time were kept away from each other, and bracket assignment roughly correlated with YSR's rankings. It's more accurate than GotSoccer, that's for sure.

I don't know any tournament directors, but anecdotally I know that for last season's G2006 State Cup the top ranked teams at the time were kept away from each other, and bracket assignment roughly correlated with YSR's rankings. It's more accurate than GotSoccer, that's for sure.

Cal South State/National cup bracketing/seeding is outlined in the rules, definitely do not use it.

I doubt any tournament director would admit to using it even if they looked at it for reference.

That's actually what got me thinking in the first place. There is a glitch for my daughter's 07 team where it is picking up results from both her team and the 08 team from out club. I tried to do the manual fix but it didn't work.

YSR would be accurate if they were able to correctly place teams in the correct age group, didn't have the same team listed multiple times in the same age group and didn't miss a lot of game results. Their algorithm is solid but everything else is not good. YSR is a one man crew and obviously way overwhelming of a job (understandably) for him.

YSR would be accurate if they were able to correctly place teams in the correct age group, didn't have the same team listed multiple times in the same age group and didn't miss a lot of game results. Their algorithm is solid but everything else is not good. YSR is a one man crew and obviously way overwhelming of a job (understandably) for him.
I too see errors, but he seems to correct them along the way. And if you email him he will adjust.

I too see errors, but he seems to correct them along the way. And if you email him he will adjust.
I emailed him stuff 2 or 3 months ago. Still not fixed. He use to fix things. But after he quit the site and then came back there are a ton of errors. Teams from younger and older age group in the same rankings with games for those teams interchanged. It is too big of a project for a one person (non paid) show.

Are you trying to correct the mistakes yourself? The system is in place for it. I've used it now and then and usually works. I'm sure you've seen the "Report errors" button on the right.

Are you trying to correct the mistakes yourself? The system is in place for it. I've used it now and then and usually works. I'm sure you've seen the "Report errors" button on the right.

I have emailed the owner of the site directly. 2+ years ago the change would be made in less than 72 hours. All the changes I've requested in the past 6 months never got changed. So I don't request anymore.

Have emailed about mistakes using the report button, and seen changes made reasonably quickly. It's the best thing out there that I've found to look at relative rankings, even with mistakes.

I have emailed the owner of the site directly. 2+ years ago the change would be made in less than 72 hours. All the changes I've requested in the past 6 months never got changed. So I don't request anymore.

I agree that he used to be very responsive. Then he built in the self service error reporting and hasn't had to be so hands-on. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do. It has worked when I've used it.

Some of the changes have worked for me. Others when I have to include my email don't work as I get a message stating the email address is a problem.

Tango's rankings were really good.

I'm surprised someone else hasn't volunteered to take it over/help out.

It's a very cool concept. Too bad things are not up to date.

Back