YOUTH SOCCER RANKINGS IS NO MORE

Just went on to the YSR site and it states they have shut down. Total bummer!

Just went on to the YSR site and it states they have shut down. Total bummer!
Here is what they have written:

"With much sadness I have decided to shut down this rankings site. My real job has gotten a lot busier recently and I do not have sufficient time to dedicate to keeping this site updated. Thanks to everyone who has contributed over the years."

At one point this fine gentleman who ran the site was approached by serious investors to make a run at being the one true source for rankings and he passed because his intent was never to do it for reasons other than creating a site that would give validity and exposure to those teams playing in any league, tournament, what have you, that was outside the scope of GotSoccer. The site will be missed.

At one point this fine gentleman who ran the site was approached by serious investors to make a run at being the one true source for rankings and he passed because his intent was never to do it for reasons other than creating a site that would give validity and exposure to those teams playing in any league, tournament, what have you, that was outside the scope of GotSoccer. The site will be missed.
Sounds like Mark at YSR held to his principals. His product was certainly more objective in how it went about valuing teams then Got Soccer ever will.

http://youthsoccerrankings.us.hypestat.com/
360 unique visitors a day which corresponds to $1000 revenue/year. Not really viable as a business. This guy did it out of his love for the game...which is crazy considering the amount of work it took to track down thousands and thousands of games. Maybe we can have a section/thread on this site for people to post rankings that they're keeping track of.

I am perfectly comfortable letting the soccer coaches of Southern CA tell me who has the best team in our region.

I am perfectly comfortable letting the soccer coaches of Southern CA tell me who has the best team in our region.
Hopefully there is some objectivity in that. I do appreciate when coaches share their thoughts on other teams and how your own compares.

Too bad! I thought these ratings were well done. Unfortunately that leaves us with GotSoccer which is a flawed system especially when comparing Socal teams to other areas. It really benefits teams that play in areas where all events use GotSoccer.

Gotsoccer is so far off. I was looking just now at some AZ rankings. They have a team ranked 17 that should be 3-5 in the state for its age group. A lot of the teams above it now are in a lower division, etc.

And yes it is VERY flawed when comparing So Cal teams vs other states, etc.

Gotsoccer is so far off. I was looking just now at some AZ rankings. They have a team ranked 17 that should be 3-5 in the state for its age group. A lot of the teams above it now are in a lower division, etc.

And yes it is VERY flawed when comparing So Cal teams vs other states, etc.

Their CalSouth rankings are terrible. It's a real shame that YSR is gone. They weren't perfect but seemed to be miles ahead of GotSoccer.

Would have been cool if he left up what was there until National Cup was over....was kinda nice to check out the games your opponant played in one place.

Cheers to the guy for doing it in the first place.

Back