Yet another offside question

socalkdg

PREMIER
This call went in our favor. Not sure it was correct.

Girl bursts down the left side towards my keeper daughter. The girl shooting has a teammate to the right of my daughter, offside position. The girl takes a shot from about 10 yards out, daughter makes save, rebound right to girl who was in a offside position and she puts the rebound in.

AR put flag up as soon as the girl that had been in the offside position put the rebound in. CR spoke with him, then called no goal. Was that correct?

Girl bursts down the left side towards my keeper daughter. The girl shooting has a teammate to the right of my daughter, offside position. The girl takes a shot from about 10 yards out, daughter makes save, rebound right to girl who was in a offside position and she puts the rebound in.

AR put flag up as soon as the girl that had been in the offside position put the rebound in. CR spoke with him, then called no goal. Was that correct?

Did she gain an advantage after the deliberate save from being in the offside position?

Absolutely correct call. Sounds like the AR got it correct and the CR just wanted to confirm what he saw. I had a really similar call as an AR in an Albion game I worked yesterday. My offside call negated what would have been the only goal of the game. The applicable parts of Law 11 are in bold and underlined below.

2. Offside offense
A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by: ................
or
• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
• rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or an opponent
been deliberately saved by any opponent
A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

Thanks @Surfref

Always enjoy your answers. And sorry to any referee out there that has had to deal with me moaning or groaning about something during the game. Never profane, never personal, but I know it must be tough hearing us yell "she pushed her in the back with her hands" one too many times.

Thanks @Surfref

Always enjoy your answers. And sorry to any referee out there that has had to deal with me moaning or groaning about something during the game. Never profane, never personal, but I know it must be tough hearing us yell "she pushed her in the back with her hands" one too many times.

Secret: The only people we pay attention to are the parents that call it both ways. They take off their rose colored glasses and start shouting "Ref, Ref!!! My daughter, white number 9 fouled red No. 2, she has been doing it all day, please give her a yellow!!!! BTW her name is Megan and it should be her second yellow!!!" or "Ref!!! Our team, number 10, was offside, disallow that goal we made."

Have yet to hear it ... someday I will and that will be the parent that I listen too because its the only parent on the pitch that is looking at the game properly.

Secret: The only people we pay attention to are the parents that call it both ways. They take off their rose colored glasses and start shouting "Ref, Ref!!! My daughter, white number 9 fouled red No. 2, she has been doing it all day, please give her a yellow!!!! BTW her name is Megan and it should be her second yellow!!!" or "Ref!!! Our team, number 10, was offside, disallow that goal we made."

Have yet to hear it ... someday I will and that will be the parent that I listen too because its the only parent on the pitch that is looking at the game properly.

You'd be surprised, some parents do say it both ways, just not loud enough for you to hear it when it benefits our kids team!

Back