WPSL in SoCal?

Last update was about 2 years ago. Is this a good place to get in summer playing in between school years for college or before first year in college? Anyone with updated experience?
DM me if you want to come down to train at Great Park before your GK heads off to college. June is best month.

Last update was about 2 years ago. Is this a good place to get in summer playing in between school years for college or before first year in college? Anyone with updated experience?
Yes, it is a great experience for that- it’s unfortunate that there are less teams now in SoCal than in the past but if you can find a team it is a great opportunity for what you are talking about

Our club offers WPSL. I dont know very much about it and cant find much online. She's off for college ball in the fall and wants the experience.

Does my dd have to play for her current club? She done with a particular coach and always regretted not being coached under another coach at a completing WPSL club. Can she just contact and go, if accepted?

Our club offers WPSL. I dont know very much about it and cant find much online. She's off for college ball in the fall and wants the experience.

Does my dd have to play for her current club? She done with a particular coach and always regretted not being coached under another coach at a completing WPSL club. Can she just contact and go, if accepted?
Did you see this?

There's been hints that NWSL might make WPSL their equivalent to MLS Pro.

NWSL teams with official (amateur) 2nd teams:
  • Gotham FC (Affiliated w/ Downtown United Soccer Club in WPSL)
  • Portland Thorns (Thorns 2 in WPSL)
  • Racing Louisville (W League)
  • NC Courage U23 (W League)
NWSL teams w/ unofficial or impending reserves
  • KC Current II (supposedly will join WPSL in 2025)
  • Bay FC (Has strong ties to California Storm (WPSL & W League), though no official relationship)
  • Utah Royals AZ (Carries the Royals name, but may be disconnected)

Back