Would you pay Surf $50,000 a year to raise your child?

The LA Galaxy started a program like this when they were still in DA & their education program was garbage.

The LA Galaxy started a program like this when they were still in DA & their education program was garbage.

San Diego Nomads started something like this when they first joined DA. The impression I got from their publicity is that it was geared toward Hispanic players from San Diego County and perhaps even Tijuana. Mentions of it on their website disappeared after a short time, leading me to believe that they had very few takers.

For $35,000 you can go to the Philadelphia Union academy and train at an amazing soccer facility and go to an incredible school and be taught in-person by teachers with Doctorate's and Master's degrees. Or you can go to Surf and pay $50,000 for an online education and limited training facilities. (I don't think Union includes the cost of housing).
you have any info on Philadelphia Union program ? i dont see anything on their website

I suppose Surf figures it's 20K less expensive than Barca Academy while being in San Diego rather than Casa Grande, AZ and using the same Arizona State University online HS program as Barca Academy uses.

I suppose Surf figures it's 20K less expensive than Barca Academy while being in San Diego rather than Casa Grande, AZ and using the same Arizona State University online HS program as Barca Academy uses.

In spite of not being in the best location (fields are excellent), the Barca Resident Academy has no issues filling it's dorms. It's pricy and it's not for everyone. They are tied directly back to The Project and the only resident academy outside of Spain. They preach 100% placement - pro contract/NCAA. They have sizable scholarship funding. Again, not for everyone but many go. I don't think you can compare what Surf is trying to do against what Barca is doing. Obviously a money grab for Surf. I don't know how much of a money grab the resident academy in Casa Grande for a business entity like Barca.

Will it stick around? I don't know. They have a contract with Grande Sports World, have no idea for how long. Facilities are great and the isolation is perfect for soccer loco kids and coaches.

Back