Womens College Coaching Hotseat

I think the difference between OSU and UOP is cost. UOP is $$$$ And w/o financial assistance not an option for middle class families who have to fork the bill.

......and I think cost comes in to play for SMC.

Loyola, USD, Santa Clara , Pepperdine—-excellent locations. And of course SC and Pepp have great coaches that have instilled a winning culture.

places like UOP and SMC are stepping stones to the next big job at a great location. So even if these
Schools turn it around, which they could, the coach leaves and they are back to square one.

Univ. Washington - Theresa Romagnolo, Tiffany Roberts or any other top female soccer coach. Jill Ellis rumor....... There are rumors that the WSU could leave for UW if they ante up and pay. If the money is right I could see ANY coach uprooting their family to coach here. IMO best job in the country.
The other rumor for UW is Julie Woodward -HC @ Seattle U - as a potential front runner. Also Mark Carr, USYNT coach, is a rumored candidate. Guessing he's applying to a number of these jobs.

The other rumor for UW is Julie Woodward -HC @ Seattle U - as a potential front runner. Also Mark Carr, USYNT coach, is a rumored candidate. Guessing he's applying to a number of these jobs.

Carr is an interesting name given 2020's U20 WWC - isn't he coaching the U20 USWNT?

FWIW after 28 years and 15 consecutive years of Conference Finals or Championships John Hopkins University moved on from their Head Coach...

Maybe JHU will finally get someone in there who actively recruits. Historically 95% of their recruiting is done at their summer camp, the other 5% effectively walk-ons.

With undergraduate enrollment of 6,000, a top-10 academic ranking, world-class STEM programs, target school status with every major employer, and a decent women's soccer budget (due to the Title IX offset of having a top D1 men's lacrosse program), this program should be more dominant than they have been, a D3 college cup participant every year, and a first choice D3 women's soccer school in the East Coast.

A few years back, I heard from reliable sources they were negotiating to join the Ivy League, but things fell apart over their men's Lacrosse program not wanting to give up the scholarships, and the Ivies demanding all or nothing participation.

Maybe JHU will finally get someone in there who actively recruits. Historically 95% of their recruiting is done at their summer camp, the other 5% effectively walk-ons.

With undergraduate enrollment of 6,000, a top-10 academic ranking, world-class STEM programs, target school status with every major employer, and a decent women's soccer budget (due to the Title IX offset of having a top D1 men's lacrosse program), this program should be more dominant than they have been, a D3 college cup participant every year, and a first choice D3 women's soccer school in the East Coast.

A few years back, I heard from reliable sources they were negotiating to join the Ivy League, but things fell apart over their men's Lacrosse program not wanting to give up the scholarships, and the Ivies demanding all or nothing participation.

Johns Hopkins is one of the grandfathered exceptions to the DIII rule that are allowed to have one traditional sport (in their case lacrosse - all the other grandfathered DIII schools put up a DI ice hockey team, with corresponding DI women's teams added later). I would think that giving up the DIII competition in all those other sports would have been more of a stumbling block for the Ivy League and JH.

Check your reliable sources: https://www.jhunewsletter.com/artic...rumor-is-nothing-but-an-old-fabrication-82318

Heard Oregon is trying to lure Stanford associate HC. Not sure who else is in the mix
UCLA assistant makes around 106k. Guessing Hidecki makes similar if not more and the job is stable as long as Ratclife stays. If a Stanford asst gets prayed away it’s the third asst but you’ll have to take a chance on her cuz she’s green.

Back