Womens College Coaching Hotseat

GoWest

GOLD
A bit early but Oregon, Notre Dame and Portland.....under achieving enough at this point to warrant a change?

According to BigSoccer, Kat Mertz contract was extended to 2019.

Notre Dame is in 5th place in the ACC and will most likely make the tourney like last year. TR’s position is not hot.

Portland has to be burning along with Oregon St.

NoGoal?! And here I thought you fell off the planet LOL!

Kat extends contract...things that make you go hmmmmmmmm....

If ND loses against NC they will end up 9-6-3 ( or something like that) and that is unacceptable by ND standards.

Agree on Portland and Org State....geeeesh!

Oregon has been underachieving for a while now....
In any universe, in Nike Town....how is that possible? I know the synthetic turf turns a lot of top players away but come on, that program should be flying sky high IMHO.

There is a pretty good coach in the NW that probably would love to have a shot at that job....Mark Plakorus currently @UMontana. Maybe it's time?

Oregon has been underachieving for a while now....

Sources overheard Uncle Phil say that he ain't thinkin bout no women's soccer when his football program in the tank.

phil-knight-money-meme.jpg

Looking towards the SEC, I also think Lesesne might be getting "the look" after another drab season @Georgia. This season really bad in a top P5 soccer conference. Three years into a program and Tophat just around the corner he should be putting the Bulldogs on the Top 25 radar.

No, but Pitt is open now, and based on this year's performance, Miami might be next.
Even though Pitt is ACC I can't imagine it ever being a "destination" coaching draw? Synthetic cold hard environment from what I have heard. U Miami on the other hand has got some potential.

For what it is worth, I heard that South Dakota State fired their coach.
I dont know much about that program but at least they seem willing to improve the coaching situation. Players at all levels of the game deserve the best coaching possible. Thanks for the info.

I dont know much about that program but at least they seem willing to improve the coaching situation. Players at all levels of the game deserve the best coaching possible. Thanks for the info.
My mistake, it is actually the University of South Dakota that got rid of their coaching staff.

UConn HC Tsantiris retired. That is another interesting opportunity. That would seem to me to be a "destination" type program. I wonder if they were grooming someone to step in?

Portland has to be burning
G Smith out @Portland. Rich tradition but idk if there is enough left in the mid-major engine to compete with P5 recruiters? Santa Clara has a built in "versus Cal, Stanford, Notre Dame" year in and year out draw. Pepperdine has, well Malibu....but Portland? Is it a destination program for a stellar individual with the ability to attract top level talent and return it to prominence?

UConn promotes Rodriguez as head coach. A deserving hire and likely their best option. With a shrinking state budget and a solid assistant with legacy in the program, their search for a big name D1 coach seemed ill conceived. Rumors are at least one Ivy program is breathing easier today.

G Smith out @Portland. Rich tradition but idk if there is enough left in the mid-major engine to compete with P5 recruiters? Santa Clara has a built in "versus Cal, Stanford, Notre Dame" year in and year out draw. Pepperdine has, well Malibu....but Portland? Is it a destination program for a stellar individual with the ability to attract top level talent and return it to prominence?

Portland hired Michelle French.

Back