Will Clubs close or suspend training because of the 2020 season cancellations

Soccermaverick

SILVER ELITE
With no season in the foreseeable future... will clubs suspend or cancel training?

What is the forecast for the next six months?

Hell no they’ll continue to make money by using the excuse that coaches have to be paid; like if the majority of coaches don’t already have a primary job and use soccer a side hustle. If you’re a coach who really cares about the children two or three months without a salary ain’t shit. Especially when the coaching has been terrible this year with AYSO training videos, one should not be asking for a 4 figure salary.
There are some who are training at parks and are arranging scrimmages but it’s kind of futile at the moment.
Clubs will also probably use the excuse that facilities need to be paid even though there are no facilities being used.

I heard some clubs have lost 10-15% of their kids... will this delay cause another 10-15% to go elsewhere.. I have seen baseball and tennis pickup ... I was wondering if consolidation would occur or are clubs just going to tough it out.

I heard some clubs have lost 10-15% of their kids... will this delay cause another 10-15% to go elsewhere.. I have seen baseball and tennis pickup ... I was wondering if consolidation would occur or are clubs just going to tough it out.
Clubs have no choice but to toughen it out. Unfortunately many will fold but the thing is if the coaches & parents have a good relationship who’s to say some clubs won’t make their way back!!

With no season in the foreseeable future... will clubs suspend or cancel training?

What is the forecast for the next six months?
Why would clubs suspend training when it's allowed? League is only 10-14 games and last 3 month (I'm not talking about ECNL). What clubs do for the rest of the time? They are training. I don't think League games (which eventually will happen) will have impact on people leaving. If training will be put on hold again, then it's another issue.

I ag
Why would clubs suspend training when it's allowed? League is only 10-14 games and last 3 month (I'm not talking about ECNL). What clubs do for the rest of the time? They are training. I don't think League games (which eventually will happen) will have impact on people leaving. If training will be put on hold again, then it's another issue.
i agree with everything you said... My concern is that kids will get bored with training... my kid enjoys the game... he thrives on the competition... training doesn’t have the same pizazz as the game.
Understanding this... I’m afraid kids are going to get bored. The first 10-15% left because their parents may have signed up. The next 10-15% maybe ones who find training boring.
Clubs losing 30% will definitely cut into margins.

The likely answer is that teams will keep training and out of state games/tournaments will be scheduled for playing time.

That seems to be the only thing they can do until after the new year.

Count me as another who doesn't agree with the way the governor is handling this. I understand it may be a low priority overall for them, but other states are addressing it and California should also.

The lack of league games is not stopping the boys from playing. In our area the older HS boys have formed their own "league" and scrimmage every week. There are no coaches and they manage themselves. There are enough boys to have four teams, and the last scrimmage that I watch, I saw four different club teams. They don't schedule any fields, they don't ask permission of any authority, they don't ask permission from their clubs. They just do it.

The lack of league games is not stopping the boys from playing. In our area the older HS boys have formed their own "league" and scrimmage every week. There are no coaches and they manage themselves. There are enough boys to have four teams, and the last scrimmage that I watch, I saw four different club teams. They don't schedule any fields, they don't ask permission of any authority, they don't ask permission from their clubs. They just do it.
Man, what area are you in? Thats awesome.

My son does something similar with his friends on Fridays. They hop the fence at a high school where the field is hard to see from the road. It is bringing back his love of soccer after 4 years in the DA pretty much sucked all the fun out of it.

Clubs won’t close or cancel but parents could finally give it up until next fall. I mean there’s no reason to practice 2-3 times a week every week until a game in the........summer of 2021?

Back