Why isn't Norcal calling the fall season off?

I have yet to see an email stating that the Fall season has been cancelled. Are they still hoping to play in December? Fat chance now..

They have said they could be up an running 21 days after approval to play is granted I wouldn't expect approval to be granted prior to 11/30 and that seems highly unlikely.

Games likely wouldn't take place until January at the earliest. I heard on a club update the other day that guidance will likely not be released until January. Best case for State Cup games appears to be late January. So even though they haven't said it, by their own calendar they put out There is no Fall league. Guessing at best there will be condensed State Cup and Spring League ( starting in March). At that point U15 and older may be competing with High School schedules. U14 and younger can hope for Spring League.

Q - Once state and local governments allow games to be played, how much notice will teams have to prepare?

A - NorCal will provide 3-4 weeks to prepare for matches once we get the go-ahead to move forward. During the 3-4 week period, NorCal will give 7-10 days for teams to apply for seasonal events, which take one week to create schedules and then allow 7-10 days for clubs to schedule their first weekend of home matches.

Back