Why Don’t We Specifically Commemorate and Honor the 9/11 Jumpers

To me, nothing exemplifies the American spirit more than the 9/11 jumpers. In their last moments, they gave the terrorists the finger and did not let the terrorists dictate how they were going to go out. They chose one last moment of freedom to escape the tomb they were in.

I don’t know why we don’t commemorate and celebrate this true American spirit. Is it taboo?

To me, nothing exemplifies the American spirit more than the 9/11 jumpers. In their last moments, they gave the terrorists the finger and did not let the terrorists dictate how they were going to go out. They chose one last moment of freedom to escape the tomb they were in.

I don’t know why we don’t commemorate and celebrate this true American spirit. Is it taboo?
People just can't handle the thought.

Some folks jumped out, some folks ran in, others died almost immediately.

They are all rightfully memorialized...

124653448-H.jpeg

Wtc-2004-memorial.jpg

I'm going to take your completely negative comment and 180 it.
Let sleeping dogs lie. We as a country Honor their memory.

Nothing exemplifies the American Spirit more than the fact that
" We " America rebuilt on the ground that the Towers once stood on !

We rebuilt the Pentagon and will never forget any of the passengers
and especially those who stood up to the terrorists on flight 93 over Pennsylvania......

THAT IS AMERICA !

I'm going to take your completely negative comment and 180 it.
Let sleeping dogs lie. We as a country Honor their memory.

Nothing exemplifies the American Spirit more than the fact that
" We " America rebuilt on the ground that the Towers once stood on !

We rebuilt the Pentagon and will never forget any of the passengers
and especially those who stood up to the terrorists on flight 93 over Pennsylvania......

THAT IS AMERICA !

My comment is anything but negative. How could you possibly read ANYTHING negative into it.

Some folks jumped out, some folks ran in, others died almost immediately.

They are all rightfully memorialized...

124653448-H.jpeg

Wtc-2004-memorial.jpg

First responders get a little more heroic praise than anybody else. To me they are all equally heroic. If the media is going to praise some more than others, why not the jumpers? And I’m not being facetious.

Similarly, to me anybody who dies during war, whether it be in a training accident, via friendly fire (Think Pat Tillman), or in armed conflict, should be honored equally heroic.

First responders get a little more heroic praise than anybody else. To me they are all equally heroic. If the media is going to praise some more than others, why not the jumpers? And I’m not being facetious.

Similarly, to me anybody who dies during war, whether it be in a training accident, via friendly fire (Think Pat Tillman), or in armed conflict, should be honored equally heroic.

Heroic acts are all equal.....

"All equally heroic".....yep, that's pretty much what I posted above....

I dont recommend jumping.
Im in the camp that keeps the fuckers out of our country.

Back