Who's the favorite in National Cup

Now that we're into the knockout stage, who's the favorite? Legends East Riverside, Slammers Segovia, Real, SD Strikers, who's going to the final four?

I think I agree, Segovia appears to be at the top but could have a difficult second round match against Legends East. I'm curious on the Strikers SD team, looks like they might have a nice path to the finals.

I think I agree, Segovia appears to be at the top but could have a difficult second round match against Legends East. I'm curious on the Strikers SD team, looks like they might have a nice path to the finals.

Slammers has easier game than Legends East, they play Legends South.

My tip to win hasn't been metaled by anyone else: Legends DPL... IF they can get past Legends East. Most DPL teams struggle versus the top flight one teams but this 04 Legends DPL group are fairly strong

What about SD Force or SDSC Navy? SD Force beat Legends on Saturday morning (close game 2-1). Are there any injuries on any of the teams going into this next round? I was surprised to see some teams like Beach knocked out but I understand they have injured players. I'm betting for the underdogs.

Beach is a surprise, injuries must of really hurt them. Force did have a nice win but the other two teams they played weren't very good, I think they got a little gift by getting in the A bracket. SDSC is good but I don't know if they're on the same caliber as Legends East or Slammers Segovia. I think you're going to see Segovia/Legends East winner v Strikers/Real winner in the finals but I don't know anything about Legends DPL, Pateadores, FFSC, Freedom or Fram.

Wow, teams from San Diego showing up in the early games, congrats to the winners. Anyone know why Legends East Riverside forfeited?

Wow, teams from San Diego showing up in the early games, congrats to the winners. Anyone know why Legends East Riverside forfeited?

Heard at the field (Silverlakes) today from some other refs that they had two players who were a year too old. I didn’t get involved in the conversation and was just listening in, so not sure if it was true. The refs said, “That was an easy game. One team forfeited because they had two overage players.”

My guess is they pulled out for A) they already secured their spot for Far West Regionals through CRL and dont need to risk injuries B) Already have injuries and need to heal up C) Legends DPL and Legends East Riverside colluded with Russia on DPL’s behalf.

Final 4 teams lined up for next weekend. There were some exciting games this weekend in the quarterfinals.

Slammers Segovia vs Legends South: 0-0 at half with Segovia scoring 4 in the second

SMU vs Pats: Double overtime with the winning goal coming on a PK

Slammers HB vs SD Academy Navy: 0-0 through double overtime. Navy up 2-0 after two shooters. I believe Slammers won on the 7th shooter

ED36E36A-3F50-478A-ABDA-24A5460D2FA2.jpeg

Back