Who's playing What?

sd force and legends in semi finals for the DPL playoffs 08. if both win could be rematch of state cup championship

USYS East Regionals Semi-finals for us tomorrow. Made it out of Group Play with a crazy ending vs. #24 Loudoun.

With no time left, our goalie was called for a foul inside the box. She dove on top of a ball and the opposing player tripped over top of her. As Karma would have it, she ended up making the PK save. If Loudoun had made the PK, we would have been eliminated.

If we get a win tomorrow, we will likely face #1 Matchfit Shore in the final. It will be our 7th game in the last 30 days against a team rated in the top 25 or higher. Great experience for these young ladies but I honestly cannot wait till we are completely done with 9v9!

Well we played the USYS Region I final today against #1 Matchfit Shore. Ended up losing in extra time 2-1. We actually had the 1-0 lead with 5 seconds left in regulation and conceded an own goal off of a corner.

Regardless, to make it this far without our two starting defenders while having to replace one of them with our leading scorer and having two 2010 players come in and fill the other voids, is something to be proud of. Our season is officially over and really looking forward to getting back to 11v11.

I'll be on the lookout and following what develops out west!

SOCAL State Cup starting in late Sep. Open to teams outside of SOCAL league. Feel bad for NPL teams that are required to play with potentially ECNL and GA teams also playing.

SOCAL State Cup starting in late Sep. Open to teams outside of SOCAL league. Feel bad for NPL teams that are required to play with potentially ECNL and GA teams also playing.

How will this work with league conflicts? Why are so many crappy teams, per rankings, joining NPL? Doesn't seem to be any requirements other than applying. Should be nice and cool at Galaway. And, whomever set these 09 brackets has a good sense of humor. The brackets are less than even. 2 ecnl 1 teams in a bracket and no ecnl 1 teams in another bracket....etc.

Blues Vaught always plays down so no surprise there. Not sure why Legends 09 is a no-show...they have their top teams going for almost every other age group. Crossfire and Washington Premier may have been better served swapping 1st and 2nd division places. Same with Davis Legacy and Pleasanton Rage.

But overall nice representation of the best west teams per YSR with AZ (AZ Utah Royals), WA (Crossfire, Eastside), NV (LV Surf), Cal North (MVLA, San Juan, Davis) and (almost) all the best Cal South teams. Super Black/White and Black divisions will be interesting to watch with ECNL/ECRL/GA/NPL all together in the mix.

Who is Washington Premier? They do not appear to be Crossfire, who is listed in the Super Black. I am not a fan of YSR as the rankings appear somewhat inaccurate (especially with Texas RL teams ahead of So Cal powers), but I will look at results that they pick up though they don't pick up all games .... Group C appears to be group of death....

So which is the Bracket of Death in the Best of the Best? Group C looks very strong IMO. I don't know what type of movement happened between teams but wonder how much Mambacitas help or hurt. I'll also be curious to see how the Vegas team does. They played great at Super Copa and it seems they have gotten past the drama they just went through.

One thing is for sure, I'll be watching!

Back