Who's playing What?

So I just got word Players Elite is changing over "Las Vegas Surf Select". Wonder if Surf bought Players or if this is just a total team move? Figured some of you would be interested.

We have a long weekend. Have to drive 3 hours tomorrow to play PDA Blue and then back for our State Cup Championship game on Sunday. Next weekend we have a game against Pipeline along with two other games. Then it's off to SuperCopa followed by the USYS regionals the following weekend. It's too much and praying for no more injuries!!!

Figured it out. The team is moving from Players' over to the new Las Vegas Surf. Still interesting as they are a very good 09 Girls team.

He challenged me to a fight a month back. One of his parents followed me to the car after the game. Apparently one of his parents did the same on Saturday during the Cerritos cup tournameny.

Nick Díaz is a horrible human being. Whoever is in charge of slammers needs to get him out of coaching. He taunts coaches, he berated parents and refs. He drops f bombs in front of his players. He was up 8-0 against a flight 2 team and screamed “let’s make it 10-0. He has 30 little girls practicing in his backyard.

In my 10 years involved with youth sports, I have never seen this type of behavior.

We cannot accept this level of behavior from any coach.
I see after Diaz came up SHORT at flight 1 at memorial he dropped to flight 2 for rebels showcase. It is a game of inches and sometimes you just come up a bit short. Sometimes you need to have smaller expectations. Baby steps.

I see after Diaz came up SHORT at flight 1 at memorial he dropped to flight 2 for rebels showcase. It is a game of inches and sometimes you just come up a bit short. Sometimes you need to have smaller expectations. Baby steps.
Would have been interesting to see that team vs the 2010 SD Surf team. They blew out most of their opponents.

Would have been interesting to see that team vs the 2010 SD Surf team. They blew out most of their opponents.
Legends made it tough on that 2010 team. During the first game Surf won with an amazing goal in the last 3 minutes of the game. Legends had a very good defensive plan.
Diaz could have outmuscled the 2010 surf team. He was in the wrong bracket.

It doesn’t matter what it really stands for. You can’t just call it that name and expect everyone that plays them to understand the true meaning.
Totally understand this take as all the Goats team over the years have run into others that got it and others that never would. The older Goat team parents were always proactive in reaching out to the other sidelines and letting them in on the joke.

In the end though not everyone was okay with it, but it’s about the kids having fun and at some point you have to do you and not worry about tip toeing around to please everyone because nothing would ever happen.

I’m sure the Goats team had some fun playing with kids from different teams and just letting loose without some of the pressures of their regular teams.

Combo teams have always been a thing but definitely a unique experience to just let the kids play and let the fun be the focus.

Oh the memories of Joy's wonderful soccer tournament. I will never forget how we were 100% attacked by the opposite side and they were not happy with our stunt. No one liked our act that weekend. We played up and still won it all....lol I still call it my happiest of days. Me walking around with a sippy cup for of "juice" and I swear I had so many parents swarming me with judgement. "How dare you." "What's in the cup?" "What on God's green earth is this circus?" I did hear our older brethren's original GOAT teams was more respectful towards the other parents and gave them a heads-up. Not us, hell no!!! Our group of crazy parents came from all over the place. Some of us had fierce rivalries on the pitches and when we were al on same team, we merged a bond of love unlike any group of dads could in this arena. I swear, one dad and I were arch enemies on the forum and then at Joys tourney, we became best of pals. Crazy Ray, Tech with all his "Tech Specs" Coach Som got it for sure. He was the one who wanted the kids to just play and have fun and have no Robo Coaches. Trust me soccer fan 4 life, at the 03/04 age we had Robo Coaches and liars everywhere. The kids and the parents needed this time to just have fun at parents like your expense. Let's not forget the Peach ((spelling wrong on purpose)) Tree Family. Dudes dd was a beast in the back field and held court until her knee when sideways. Rey rey was also crazy. Sparky played hockey and was so kind. Where is 808? Anyway, super great dads and let's do another before they graduate.

Checking in from SuperCopa. We finished 1-1-1 in group play. Managed to tie Players SC Elite/Las Vegas Rush 0-0. Lost to Nationals 2-0 and won over Texas Spirit 3-0. Unfortunately not good enough to make top bracket…hoping we can win the 2nd division though that still has some good teams.

Las Vegas team was very good and a great game! I think they will do well in the top bracket as the only team other than Seattle United representing Region IV.

Should be interesting if anyone can give Matchfit a game. I watched them for a little while and they are just on another level.

Checking in from SuperCopa. We finished 1-1-1 in group play. Managed to tie Players SC Elite/Las Vegas Rush 0-0. Lost to Nationals 2-0 and won over Texas Spirit 3-0. Unfortunately not good enough to make top bracket…hoping we can win the 2nd division though that still has some good teams.

Las Vegas team was very good and a great game! I think they will do well in the top bracket as the only team other than Seattle United representing Region IV.

Should be interesting if anyone can give Matchfit a game. I watched them for a little while and they are just on another level.
Keep in mind the Solar Ultra team is not their top team as they ( combination of solar adames/angelone players) are in the USYS Southern Regionals this week in Greenville South Carolina. Solar Ultra will play Match Fit tomorrow in the top tier semifinal

Keep in mind the Solar Ultra team is not their top team as they ( combination of solar adames/angelone players) are in the USYS Southern Regionals this week in Greenville South Carolina. Solar Ultra will play Match Fit tomorrow in the top tier semifinal
Yep, already talked to a parent on Friday when I watched. That will be the RL team for next year except for three players who are on the ECNL team. Parent did say they will likely be bench players. Still a solid team though!

Back