Where is Andres Deza

Let’s be honest. More kits sold means more money for surf. LFC is the real winner. No new kits for those families. Does anyone know if Liverpool has a contract with Liverpool in England?

This helps the clubs market but how does this pipeline help the players? What’s the difference between what this is and players trying out for a better team/club?
I don’t have an opinion about whether it is good for soccer development to have one big club take over (or attempt to) a large region vs. having several small clubs. But Star Academy really? If Porras wanted to leave Star he should have just left and see if players wanted to join him at FC Bay Area. Are their players going to travel to routinely practice and play in the South Bay? Sorry but they are not a top club, same as most clubs in the area with teams with 2-3 good players each. So top players will get more opportunities. Majority will be going on the same way as they are now, except in a new jersey and an absent DOC.

This helps the clubs market but how does this pipeline help the players? What’s the difference between what this is and players trying out for a better team/club?
I don’t have an opinion about whether it is good for soccer development to have one big club take over (or attempt to) a large region vs. having several small clubs. But Star Academy really? If Porras wanted to leave Star he should have just left and see if players wanted to join him at FC Bay Area. Are their players going to travel to routinely practice and play in the South Bay? Sorry but they are not a top club, same as most clubs in the area with teams with 2-3 good players each. So top players will get more opportunities. Majority will be going on the same way as they are now, except in a new jersey and an absent DOC.
You are correct.

Probably to still get a paycheck from Star I'd imagine. No other reason. Will say they are Peninsula Surf now and hope fields to use show up. I'd love to know who actually is in charge of deciding who coaches the top teams in this combination in each age group??

Probably to still get a paycheck from Star I'd imagine. No other reason. Will say they are Peninsula Surf now and hope fields to use show up. I'd love to know who actually is in charge of deciding who coaches the top teams in this combination in each age group??
All the top teams will be handled by FC Bay Area, so their staff will be coaching it.

Any updates on how the merger/affiliate situation is working out? Are families staying put or trying out elsewhere?

Any updates on how the merger/affiliate situation is working out? Are families staying put or trying out elsewhere?
Heard something that only 6 players rostered on the ECNL teams would be guaranteed to play on that team. And that the remainder of the roster and ECRL players would float between the two teams. This has not been confirmed just the rumor of the moment. However, we did pick up two ECNL players from Surf.

Now that we are well into Fall, how is this big super club Bay Area Surf doing? Any actual changes to how these clubs are operating and positive changes for players? Players guesting all over the place?

Now that we are well into Fall, how is this big super club Bay Area Surf doing? Any actual changes to how these clubs are operating and positive changes for players? Players guesting all over the place?
i know that FC Bay Area lost all or most of their 07B team after they merged with Surf. So currently they dont have a u15 MLS next team

I don't think much has changed on the girls side. It will be interesting when their flagship 04 team graduates this year what strength of their teams are next year. Getting accepted into ECNL would be a big boost to recruit more quality

i know that FC Bay Area lost all or most of their 07B team after they merged with Surf. So currently they dont have a u15 MLS next team
The 07's left because they don't have U15 MLS Next affiliation. They only have it for the youngers, U13 and U14.

makes sense.. don't think they ECNL either
That is correct. No ECNL. FC Bay Area has recently merged with San Jose Surf on the boys side to create super teams, in the hopes of obtaining ECNL affiliation, or winning NPL and therefore playing ECRL/ECNL through the new NPL format.

That is correct. No ECNL. FC Bay Area has recently merged with San Jose Surf on the boys side to create super teams, in the hopes of obtaining ECNL affiliation, or winning NPL and therefore playing ECRL/ECNL through the new NPL format.
Seems to be a way to get around a club’s geographical limits and field usage in their Norcal club membership app. Although maybe FCBA and SJ Surf are allowed to operate in the same area.

Old thread, but I randomly saw this today and thought of this thread…
786413E1-1746-4294-89E7-7AB53EE31FE6.jpeg

Back