Where is Andres Deza

Jose plays possession soccer and plays out of the back. When my daughter played with him for a year it opened her eyes to a different style of play than she was familiar with. I appreciate that part of her experience with him. What I do not appreciate was his brother taking a shot from within the box during a scrimmage and breaking my kid's arm (a week before she was set to fly to Kansas to tryout for the National Futsal team). I don't appreciate how the club handled the entire situation, from lack of a real apology or an offer to pay the doctor bills (it wasn't the money but the point of owning the mistake). I don't appreciate how he chose to berate my daughter during the 1/2 time of a game for her performance (which was not bad) and criticize her for choosing the go elsewhere after the season - funny he didn't call out any of the other players that were also leaving and sat quietly on that same bench while kid was getting yelled at. That team lost 8 or 9 players to DA/ECNL clubs so weren't the only ones that had decided to move on (the following year that team lost another 7-8 players). Jose and his brothers understand and are committed to possession soccer. They do a good job of developing younger girls. For a variety of reasons a lot of his younger players move on to other clubs. If you are going to tell a story about a coach, tell a complete story.

And if Jose or the president of the club want to have a discussion with me, my phone number hasn't changed.
My daughter is a keeper as well and we played in SoCal before moving to Texas. We heard about this incident and it shocked me. Now I'm even more shocked to see how it was ultimately handled. I get horror stories from my daughter whose coach thinks its a fantastic drill to have teammates takes successive shots at her from 10 feet away. Lots of jammed fingers and bruises, no broken bones though. How's your DD doing now?

My daughter is a keeper as well and we played in SoCal before moving to Texas. We heard about this incident and it shocked me. Now I'm even more shocked to see how it was ultimately handled. I get horror stories from my daughter whose coach thinks its a fantastic drill to have teammates takes successive shots at her from 10 feet away. Lots of jammed fingers and bruises, no broken bones though. How's your DD doing now?
DD is physically fine, fully healed. Like her father she holds a grudge - the passage of time will not erase the memory, and we will be angry about this forever.
Coaches have to stop allowing successive shots at close range. It is just dumb.

I
Hearing FC Bay Area, San Jose Surf, Saratoga Spurs, LFC, South San Jose and Star Academy all merging to create new Bay Area club.

Any thoughts of this is accurate or a stretch? Which other clubs might be involved...
Impressive if that many ego's worked well together :) JK. There is a connection between who runs LFC and FCBA/SJ Surf so it's not impossible If they really want to attempt to put a dent into De Anza's club. Probably the only way to have a chance to merge like that.

DD is physically fine, fully healed. Like her father she holds a grudge - the passage of time will not erase the memory, and we will be angry about this forever.
I know the feeling of being angry forever. I also know what it's like to hold grudges. I would also hope coaches stop lying to the kids and their paying customers, the parent(s). I'm sorry to hear about the pain you have. I guess the truth is, we all have pain from youth soccer.

So many rapid fire drills, geared towards the "field player" that put the keeper at a disadvantage. I particularly despise when they're run right before kickoff of a game, you never want your keeper to start a game on the wrong foot and take a beating physically or mentally of getting blasted and letting in so many goals in during warm up.

The biggest gap I see here is that most head coaches aren't keeper centric and take very little if nothing into account on the psyche of their keeper(s) in running their teams. At the youth levels far too many teams don't have the resources to have a dedicated keeper coach at practices / games and depth at the position to rotate the keepers to protect them in these kind of drills.

Glad to hear your kid is fine, and I'm glad she has the silver lining of having that chip of her shoulder to remember to not allow others to take advantage of her and be better for it down the line. Best of luck to her!

Found the website. Claiming communities spanning the entire Bay Area.
If you click on the affiliates tab “Peninsula Surf” goes to Star Academy’s website.

One thing this merger accomplishes is gaining access to top leagues that can be used as marketing tools to attract players for the business
FC Bay Area and Deza were not welcomed by ECNL but now that Surf is part of ECNL they gain automatic access by folding under Surf

there is plenty of history of mergers in the Bay Area that did not produce a comprehensive program

example BBA merged with Force to gain access to the DA and then Mark Christie decided that it doesn’t work for him and pulled BBA out of it

It is very likely that the smaller clubs are struggling and need the support of the big clubs to survive

star academy is one of them their DOC went to FC Bay Area etc.....

the reality of the soccer scene in the Bay Area is this

a bunch of guys who want to protect their livelihood and business for the parents-go and develop your own player with whatever you have access too and whatever you know

Deza, with the EQ support, couldn't pull off total dominance. I have no idea how this changes anything now, no EQ and no Deza.

Deza, with the EQ support, couldn't pull off total dominance. I have no idea how this changes anything now, no EQ and no Deza.
It's certainly a bigger move for the boys side no question. However, if this gets ECNL status which everything I hear is happening, that alone is worth it. I'd be worried if I was De Anza....MVLA is still the crown jewel in the South Bay on the girls side.

It's certainly a bigger move for the boys side no question. However, if this gets ECNL status which everything I hear is happening, that alone is worth it. I'd be worried if I was De Anza....MVLA is still the crown jewel in the South Bay on the girls side.
Agree. EQ, with Deza and the DA, did not have an impact on MVLA. De Anza has many other issues, so they should be worried. Their coach turnover rate has to be the highest in the area. Something is up in that club and their players are looking elsewhere, especially on the girls side. ECNL status has definitely not helped them, just look at the scores for all age groups for the ECNL games the last 2 weekends, especially against MVLA.

Agree. EQ, with Deza and the DA, did not have an impact on MVLA. De Anza has many other issues, so they should be worried. Their coach turnover rate has to be the highest in the area. Something is up in that club and their players are looking elsewhere, especially on the girls side. ECNL status has definitely not helped them, just look at the scores for all age groups for the ECNL games the last 2 weekends, especially against MVLA.
We have only been with Force on the girls side for a couple of years, but I thought the top coaches have been there for a while at least on the girls side. They looked like they did in DA, not quite able to beat the top team but played them well and close (except 2 of 6 age groups) and then won against a lower tier club like Pleasanton. I think the 05 age group has been the one that has surprised some people with the play and results. I never know or pay attention to player movement as that seems to happen everywhere except MVLA and Deza top girls (although they just move clubs together).

They have the tradition and experienced leadership to leverage their synergies and create an unparalleled player focused elite development environment!

Back